Piazza XX Settembre No. 1, Serre di Rapolano, 53040, Italy
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Castello delle Serre

You will not want to leave Castello Delle Serre! Promise!

by TripAdvisor Member alive99

My husband and I spent just two nights at Castelleo Delle Serre....definately not long enough! We even tried to cancel our one night in Siena to stay longer but were going to be charged $$$ so we were unable. ;-(
We spent 14 nights in Italy and this place was definately one of the main highlights....the rooms are gorgeous...the biggest we had in Italy ...the bathroom also was huge. The view from our room of the rolling hills of tuscany was breathtaking! Also the grounds of the castle are very very special...Sal & Antonio have done a great job of renovating and I absolutely cannot wait to get back there when they have finished completely! We also had dinner there one night on the patio under the stars...just perfect....the lasagne was THE best I have ever had (mine included....and mine is pretty damn good!).... Sal & Antonio treat you like your an old friend visiting them... A big thanks to both of you for making our stay so memorable & for providing all of the information that driving through Tuscany is required!
Castello Delle Serre is indeed a very special place & not just a hotel room...its an experience! Treat yourself ...stay for a week...everything is so close by why stay anywhere else...I know I will be on our return....I wouldnt book anywhere else! Loved it, Loved it,Loved it!

Castello delle Serre made our trip to Tuscany perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member zklein

My wife on I visited Castello delle Serre on our honeymoon May 21-26, 2007. Castello delle Serre is simply the best that Tuscany has to offer. There are no "ifs," "ands," or "buts" about it. Staying at Castello delle Serre honestly made a great trip to Tuscany absolutely perfect.

Castello delle Serre is owned and operated by a father and son team, Sal and Antonio. When it comes to cordiality, respect, hospitality and information, Sal and Antonio, as well as their staff, are the cream of the crop. We arrived from Florence via car and were welcomed into a world of fanstastic hospitality and wonderful surroundings. Whatever we needed, they were there to provide it without hesitation. For example, on the night that we arrived, Sal was preparing a six course meal for all the hotel guests. I can say without hestitation that it was the best meal that I have ever eaten in my entire life. Every hotel should aim to be as warm and pleasant as the staff at Castello delle Serre.

The castle itself is located approx. 30 km outside of Siena. It's perched on a hill in a small town called Serre de Rapolano. From our hotel room, all we could see were the rolling green Tuscan hills with small surrounding towns nestled in the countryside. The location of the castle is conducive for exploring all of Tuscany's treasures.

The castle has been totally renovated and is still in the process of being completely finished. Don't be scared because of the renovation. Unless you request a castle tour, you won't even know that the renovation is going on. The part of the castle that currently houses guests is 100% complete and fabulously finished.

We were surprisingly upgraded to a very spacious suite (even to American standards) with a king size bed. The room and the bathroom were spotless and the staff consistenly kept it that way every day that we were there.

I sincerely couldn't imagine staying elsewhere in Tuscany. Like I said, Castello delle Serre made our trip perfect. If you are traveling to Tuscany, do yourself a favor and book a room at Castello delle Serre. If you don't, you're missing out on Tuscany's greatest accommodation.

Thanks Sal, Antonio and Simon! We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect honeymoon.

best hotel in Tuscany!

by TripAdvisor Member SoMat

we stayed four days at Castello delle Serre in May and this was the best part of our Italian trip. Antonio and Salvatore made us feel like at home, the best hosts ever! we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

We saved the best for last

by TripAdvisor Member PandoraViolet

I have never written a review before, but felt moved to do so after our incredible stay at Castello delle Serre in November of 2006. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights to celebrate our 20th anniversery in mid November. We stayed in the upper tower suite. Our lodgings were incredible. It is a great base to do easy day trips in the Siena region, as long as you have a car!

I will never forget the pleasure of opening a fantastic bottle of italian wine on our roof deck while watching the sunset. Salvatore was an incredibly warm and entertaining host. Our private tour of the castle, still under active renovation at the time, was unforgettable. And his detailed advice regarding our day tripping was so helpful. Castello delle Serre was by far the most unique, luxurious and fun part of our Italian trip- and we had traveled extensively throughout Umbria and Tuscany. I have highly recommended staying here for at least a few days to all my friends and acquaintances back home. I can't wait to go back to see the finished castle renovation- hopefully soon!

Tuscany at its best

by TripAdvisor Member Ayaa

We spent 3 nights at Castello delle Serre in May, 07. My only regret is that we didn't have more time. The castle is in a perfect location for exploring Tuscany and Umbria especially with the great touring and dining recommendations provided by owner/host Savatore and his son Antonio each morning at breakfast.

Our room was in the cottage and was perfect in every way. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the accommodations. The rooms and grounds are kept in immaculate condition and designed for comfort, relaxation and pleasure. What a treat to come home to after a day of touring. And then to be served great wine and share stories with the other guests while enjoying some of the best views in all of Tuscany.

We were lucky enough to be there on a night when Salvatore prepared dinner for all the guests and what an enjoyable, delicious time we had. We have stayed at other properties in Tuscany but will return to Castello delle Serre on our future trips. It is not just a place to stay, it is an enchanting experience.

Highlight of our trip!

by TripAdvisor Member dkozee

The castle is so charming and the people who run it are wonderful! The rooms were spacious and the view was breathtaking! Antonio provided us with an amazing itinerary for a day trip through the countryside experiencing the small quaint villages, local food and wine. It was like something out of a storybook.

We spent 10 days in Italy starting in Venice and ending in Rome. We spent two nights at the Castle and it wasdefinately the highlight of our trip. It brought to life everything I imagined Italy to be. Beautiful, friendly, and charming.

I highly recommend Castello Delle Serre!!

Debbie Ozee
Double Oak, TX

Destination Perfection!

by TripAdvisor Member Marianne444

We just spent four completely amazing nights at Castello delle Serre. If you are in the midst of planning the trip of your dreams, this is definitely the place for you! Every detail is handled with the best care. Here are the highlights ...
The people -- Salvatore and son Antonio (owners), Simone and everyone there went out of their way to make us feel welcome and completely at home. The moment we walked onto the grounds, we knew we had made the perfect choice. Friendly and warm hardly begins to describe these people. Absolutely everyone we met there (fellow travellers) were having the time of their lives. In case any of you are reading this -- hello Carol, Mark, Patti, Paul, Scott, Diane, Marianne, Greg, Wayne, Mary, Matieu, Sophie, Red and Dale and all the other guests from Texas!!!
The location -- atop the highest hill in the town of Serre di Rapolano, with incredible views from every direction. We enjoyed day trips to many places including Florence, Siena, Montalcino, Pienza and Montelpulciano. And there were many other towns within easy driving distance -- if only we had had more days!
The castle -- indescribably gorgeous down to the last detail. There are approximately 15 rooms, all unique and lovely. In the newly renovated part of the castle, there is a huge common room for relaxing. The dining room is stunning and the open air patio, located next to the very large inground pool, is a wonderful place to relax in the evening.
The food -- delicious! We were fortunate to be there for not just one but two outstanding dinners, the absolute best meals we enjoyed during our entire vacation in Italy -- course after course, made with the finest ingredients by the owners themselves. Breakfast was served each morning at the open air patio and although we are not big breakfast eaters, the cappuccino was addictive!
The customer service (for lack of a better term) -- second to none! We were treated like the dearest of friends, not as customers. The experience was delightful and memorable. Each morning, following breakfast, Antonio or Simone took the time to sit down and help us plan our day. They gave excellent directions, recommendations and tips (right down to where to park!) and this definitely made our travels easier and more enjoyable.
Castello delle Serre is the place dreams are made of!

Highlight of our vacation

by TripAdvisor Member JKBK

My husband and I stayed at the castle for 4 nights in mid-May, and it was the highlight of our 11 day trip to Italy. The property is very well located, beautifully renovated but -- most of all -- provided us with an extremely unique, authentic Italian experience. We adored Salvatorre and Antonio. The best part of the day was returning from sightseeing to relax by the pool with a glass of wine and recap the day with them. We only had the good fortune to be there for one of their on-site dinners, but it was an evening to be remembered forever.

All of the rooms are beautifully renovated. Many have bathtubs with hand showers but not standing showers. If you think this will bother you, just request a room with a standing shower.

We are so proud of what they have accomplished with this castle, and we told them that we hope our sons can one day go work for them to experience their ambition, drive and resulting success. This place is truly special.

Romantic Castle on a Hill!!

by TripAdvisor Member yogamomAustin

It's hard to add to a group of glowing reviews, but heed the message, this location is a gem. We stayed only one night while passing through Tuscany from Florence to Assisi and it was the highlight of our stay.

We were fortunate to be there on a night when dinner was prepared and not only the food but the welcoming atmosphere and other guests made it a memorable experience. Our room was excellent (in size, quality and ambience) and in a typical gesture of the very generous hospitality of hosts Tony and Salvatore, they upgraded us to an even nicer room!

The castle is perched at the top of the small village with wonderful views. Walking through the small village gave us a feel for everyday Italian life.

The facilities and service are top quality without feeling pretentious--what a treat! We will return.

The highlight of our trip to Italy

by TripAdvisor Member WorkHardPlayHard77

This is a must stay! Best part of our trip to Italy. Our only regret -- we didn't stay here longer. The owners, Salvatore and his son Antonio have 5 diamond service mastered. Incredible rooms -- you are in a "castle", exceptional food, views that look like a painting. If you go to Italy and don't spend time here -- you missed out. Even our kids agree this was their favorite. See if you can get Salvatore to give you a private tour of the castle and it's history -- WOW!

And for the record -- I'm not employed by the castle.........

GO HERE OR MISS OUT!