ALOHA D'ORO

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • wokka59's Profile Photo

Its not 4 star....

I visited Acireale for a conference and was based there for a week, so I got to know the area and the Aloha D'Oro Hotel pretty well.

The bottom line is I don't consider this to be a four star hotel. More like 2 star. It was probably rated 4 because of its ocean vistas which are quite arresting. I was quite shocked initially with my room and wondered if it was indeed 4 star. The rooms was quite small but was clean and well kept. My room had a nice view but a few things annoyed me. The towels in the bathrooms were pretty thin and hopeless. It was like trying to dry oneself with a large napkin! This is not what I expect from a supposed 4 star hotel. I wanted to iron some clothing – no iron or ironing board in the room. When I got back to my room at night there was an iron, but the "ironing board" was cloth placed over my fridge! ( which actually worked reasonably well, for future reference). Also the bed was a little concave. The shower was small also.

On the plus side the food at Hotel Aloha D'Oro was excellent. We had 3 meals a day included in our rate (conference) which saved us a lot. Wonderful local fish, bread, vegetables and other produce. Don't expect to return home the same size as you left. Also there is a nice pool area although don't expect to get a towel. If we wanted one we had to buy one for €22! You must be joking!

The staff are either moderately helpful or accomodating, depending on who was at the counter. I wouldn't call them overly friendly. After being in the room for 2 days my spirits soared when I saw there was an Ethernet port in the wall, next to the phone line! Alas, it was not connected….

So the final verdict is 2 star, only redeemed by the food, pool and views.

Unique Quality: The food was excellent, nice views and a nice pool.

Comments