Via Madonna del Ponte, 49, Golfo di Castellammare, Balestrate, 90041, Italy
Booking.com Venere.com Travelocity

More about B&B Casa Ruffino

Salemi bread crownSalemi bread crown

Buon appetito!Buon appetito!

Golfo di castellammare at nighttimeGolfo di castellammare at nighttime

See the sun go down from your balcony!See the sun go down from your balcony!

Where in Sicilia in June or July?

by paolafrancesca

My husband and I are going to Sicilia for the first time this summer, in June or July. We have been in Italy several times before, but never this far south, and have no idea where to go. We´dlike to see Palermo, but also spend a week in a smaller and more quiet town or village by the sea. We are looking for somewhere not to turistic, with a nice " every day life atmosphere". And most of all we´d like to stay in a small bed and breakfast, or rent a house or an appartment, or stay in an agriturismo. Any suggestions, anyone?

by pedroswift

Giardini Naxos on mid east coast is worth your consideration, although it may not meet the "not too touristic" appellation. If you like, check my vt page and more comprehensive pages of other vt members.http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/ae2c2/24ba8/

Good evening,
I live close to Palermo in a village by the sea, with a beautiful endless beach, called Balestrate. If you're looking for a romantic, small bed and breakfast you could take a look on the site from "Casa Ruffino". It's a small bed and breakfast with only 5 rooms, each of them with classy furniture. The owner and his wife are very friendly and friends of us coming here to visit us had the time of their life there, also a lot of fun seen the fact that in a pure Italian way, the owner is able to explain difficult things using only his hand and feet :-)
In the other hand you can choose for "Baglio Carta", a small agriturismo with a few rooms. We eat there very often,the place is gorgeous and the food is very good, always fresh as they use their own products. The only problem is the quantity you receive: there's so much food, everything tasty, that you shouldn't eat before going to have dinner there.
Let me know if you would like to come in the surroundings as I live here for an year now and I can advice you pretty much about places you shouldn't miss.

by paolafrancesca

Dear Laura,
thank you so much for your reply! Your suggestions sounds perfect, exactly what we are looking for.
/Anna

Best od Sicily?

by pleb01

Dear Forum,

I've booked a flight to Sicily for the end of January and I'm hoping you can give me a little advice on where to stay.

I'll be staying for 5 nights and will be travelling with my girlfriend. It's a surprise holiday and she (hopefully) won't know we are going to Sicily unti we check in at the airport. I want to give her a relaxing break in somewhere beautiful. I'm hoping someone out there can recommend a part of the island that is quiet, pretty and romantic. Somewhere that is a million miles away from London but still has plenty to do. I've been thinking of splitting the 5 night break between two different locations (such as the west of the island followed by the Etna area), but unfortunatly I don't drive.

Any advice will be most gratefully received.
Best wishes,
Tim

by ROCKARIA

Try Taormina..its on the east side..its a beutiful place to spend some days with your girl friend,traditional old city,beach,restaurants and there is a bus stop stand especially for Taormina when you go out of the Catania airport where the coaches park.its about 5 euros each one way to get there and its about 2-3hrs drive.
Enjoy :)

by melissa_j

Okay, this must be said and then I'll leave it alone.. I wish you were my bf! :)

I haven't been to Sicily but I've done some research and I think a week in the South West quadrant would be great. I've been told by quite a few people that Sicily is ultra beautiful and very welcoming, far from the hustle and bustle of London (or even Rome for that matter)

Wherever you stay, you'll have an amazing time. She's a lucky girl.

by effeti

MMMmmm you romantic boy!
Anyway, Sicily can give a lot.
But.... do your G/f loves art, history and those things? So do not loove temples' valley in Agrigento, Selinunte, Segesta and Mozia and Taormina - Siracusa, or the Palermo National Museum
Does she loves romantic hideaways? Why not Cefalù or Erice?
And so on.....! there is so much to see.. Look at all the pages (i did a few too) and you will find inspirations. Just beware. Sicily is bigger and harder to cross that it may seems.. So choose well were to go.
Ciao
Francesco

Hi Tim,
If you don't drive I'll advise to to chose an area close to the airport where you'll arrive. If you come on Palermo you should stay on Palermo 5 nights as there's plenty to see and to do and it's a town with a lot of romantic corners, but it's not really quiet.
If you want to have quiet, romantic,beautiful and relaxing you could come to Balestrate. It's a small quiet place, with a big romantic beach where you could walk hand in hand, and relaxing. If then you'll like to see some others places like Erice and Segesta, you could hire a car with a driver, for a low price in this period, and take a trip.
For a romantic location I'll advice "Casa Ruffino" wich has romantic rooms and a friendly owner.
Let me now if a can help you any further.

Happy 2008,

Beautiful Choices

by jtapp457

Hi,

Our vacation to Italy gives us the option of Spending two days in Sicily or two days on the Island of Capri. We'd like to spend time on the beach, time with the local people and sightseeing. For a relaxing time without being shoulder to shoulder with tourists(that may not be possible in September)what is our better choice?

Thanks!

by sandrine71

Hi!
I haven´t been to Capri yet, but I heard, that the island is VERY expensive!!! And because of it´s small size there are too many people in summer. People who want to see and want to be seen!
I personally would go to Sicily, where you´ll definitely find some quite places and beautiful beaches!
I hope, I could help you! :-)
Greetings,
Sandra

Hallo,
As I'm living now for one year in Sicily I will advice you to get here, in Balestrate. You can find more about this wonderful place by looking at my pages. In September is not crowded and anyway the beach is really big is not being discovered by the tourists mass yet :-)
I will also advice you a romantic B&B called "Casa Ruffino", also because they are able to pick you up from the Palermo or Trapani airport and by train you could also see some beautiful things in Palermo if you wish too.
Have a nice holiday,

by marco2005

Gosh! what an hard choice! I've been in Sicily and Capri, and are both deserving your visit.
I try to see the other side then Laura and Sandra. If you go to Sicily, just 2 days are a drop in the sea. (imagine to enter the Louvre museum with only 10 minutes of time ;-)
Instead 2 days in Capri are enough to fall in love with the place and be returned also.
September is a great time to visit Capri, monday to friday (avoid the weekend). Being August the overcrowded time.
But as Sandra said it "is VERY expensive!!!"
ciao
Marco

by leics

Sicily. Loads to see, and has beaches. Capri is expensive, and has very little in the way of beaches. No contest, imo.

by nicolaitan

Capri is fabulous, but based on your specifications Sicily would be the preferred spot.

by repleo

We found Capri quite crowded even as late as the end of October - not shoulder to shoulder but quite busy. There are lots of lovely peaceful paths and walks were you can be on your own and enjoy unbelievable views. Views were so wonderful, my wife wept. All in all, our visit to Capri was one of the most wonderful days of my life - along with Santorini. However, no beaches and not many locals except taxi drivers. Day trip is not long enough so you need an overnight.
Haven't been to Sicily yet but it is on the list.

by Propermark

Sicily, my native land, what else can I say? Just come here! :))

Lots of things to do and see, beautiful beaches, not too expensive accommodation. Capri is way too expensive cause it's really popular among Italian VIPs.

Comments