Hotel La Ville

Venere.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Catania

U Liotru, Catania, SiciliaU Liotru, Catania, Sicilia

Bellini is the white man there behind the fountainBellini is the white man there behind the fountain

Transports in Sicile

by Soudi

I'll go to Sicile in june for couple of days and one thing that I really want to see it's Stromboli and as we are at Catania, I want to know how to get to Milazzo to then take the boat to Stromboli, by bus? by train? what is the best? what is the price?

RE: Transports in Sicile

by qaminari

There's a bus from Catania airport to Milazzo, but only ONE a day at 16.00 hrs, otherwise you can go from Messina more-or-less hourly, see http://www.eolnet.it/eng/giuntabus.asp. There are also trains but you would have to change in Messina anyway and also take a taxi from the station to the port, whereas the bus arrives right there. There are handy timetables and MAPS on here: http://www.medhoc.diit.unict.it/2006/CataniaMilazzo.html.
For other details see links on http://www.ifaraglioni.it/ragglipariuk.htm (note that the giuntabus link on there doesn't work, I think it gives IT instead of COM).
Stromboli was my favourite of the Aeolian Islands, has such a nice atmosphere. But it sounds as though you won't have much time to appreciate it.

RE: RE: Transports in Sicile

by Soudi

Thanks a lot for your answer, I ll visit these sites, yes unfortunately I'll stay just for 6 days, but i don't want to miss this, thanks again, You know how much all this is going to cost? approximately...

RE: RE: Transports in Sicile

by Soudi

Well, disregard my last massage, i found it!!! nice week-end

Travel Tips for Catania

Sicilian customs

by GUYON

Sicily greets a lot of tourists from all parts of the world. But when we go off the beating tourist path, we find the deep and traditional Sicily very prudish. I remember to have had a fair discussion with a Sicilian mother who was astonished to see my wife and my daugter both wearing a short trouser.
An other cultural habit frequent in the European warm countries. The native men seem to live in the streets. I do not know if they are on holiday or unemployed or if they are night-workers. They are waiting on the footpaths and when a known car stops (and obstrucks the street) they cross to have a short talk with the driver. It seems to be too visible to be an unlegale traffic but the Mafia is not so far...

Go to Alcantara Gorges

by dowdow

Alcantara Gorges is between Taormina and Mount Etna and is a "must go place" if you are in Sicily. It is a deep gorge which the river Alcantara has dug through the rocks over millions of years. You can go down there, walk through the gorge or even have a dip in the icy cold water from the mountains brrrrr..... in Summer!

It can easily be reached by public transport and you can rent rubber boots and overalls there.

Sicily-you must love it!

by Insider

I was on Sicily for 5 days and I loved every minute there! I arrived there with an airplane from Rome! We didn't actually stay in Catania, but we stayed in a nice air-conditioned hotel next to the town Taormina with a view on the beach, which was over 5 kilometres long!

Comments