Lungomare Dante Alighieri, Erice Mare, Erice, Sicily, 91016, Italy

Satisfaction Average

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

Great Location Near the Beach

Since I was looking for a beach/summer holiday I chose a hotel by the beach and I couldn't find anything better than Hotel Baia dei Mulini. It is on exactly on the beach with a fairly large swimming pool and access to a sandy beach with free facilities such umbrellas and sunbeds.

The rooms were 'good' for a beach resort and I must say the rooms were kept very clean. Our room comprised of a fairly large bedroom with seperate toilet and shower room. The TV in the room did not work. The refrigirator had 1/4 of the beverages/snacks listed on the frigo bar menu and the temperature was too high and did not keep things as cool as it should be. No tin opener available in the room.

The breakfast was very poor. Limited items but perhaps this is common practice in Italy. The staff at the breakfast room were very rude and whenever you ask them for something they will reply "Ask my colleague" perhaps this is their game for not getting things done.

The receptionists were two women and two men that worked on a rotation while we were there. The women just gave us the 'look' and treated customers as though they are on a cash till after supermarket hours! Once one of the female receptionists suggested I should wait for the bus on a Sunday to get to the city centre and never informed I will be waiting for almost 2 hours until the bus comes by since busses are fewer on Sunday in Trapani. Perhaps it was their bad spoken English but I believe if you cannot communicate by language, a smile will always work but I am afraid these receptionists didn't even have the smiles!

The pool! Very nice pool, very relaxing and most of all very clean. The pool boy, a man in his thirtees I assume, took care of the pool as though it belonged to his house and he was so nice and gentle perhaps the only member of staff in the hotel that made my self and my partner welcome.

I don't think that this hotel is of 4 Star quality but it is a good hotel if you are after days at the beach or by the pool.

I will not suggest this hotel in winter or if only for a short break to visit the city centre.

Unique Quality: The unique qualities of this hotel are its position by the sea and great pool / beach facilities. In addtion the bus stop is just outside the hotel so that is also a plus for this hotel.

Directions: On the promenade Dante Alighieri.

Comments