Erice Hotels

Our Members Say

• spocklogic profile photo spocklogic
  • Reviews: 64

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Pineta: Best Hotel Views in Erice With Ambiance

La Pineta in Erice, Sicily, is a hotel that offers some hospitality and good views of the surrounding landscape below. I have visited this hotel numerous times and can say it is a place that does endeavor to keep up the standards and satisfy its customers. I could tell numerous stories on how this establishment has gone out of the normal to satisfy a customer in the restaurant during the times I have been there. The staff in this way is excellent, and the patio is a splendid place to dine with views of the landscape below, though I did notice the views became more obscured by foliage over the years. Nature can be productive. I've eaten here many times and can recommend it for the restaurant too. There is dining in side, but has a large patio for dining outside as well.

There have been some complaints about the small reservoir of hot water for showers and power outages, but these are actually common problems in the city of Erice. It is a city of medieval construction (though parts of it are older than Rome itself) and despite modern technology it is not so easy to implement modern changes here. Things may have improved immensely since I last visited, but the next time I visit Erice I will be sure to check out the current state. I can only give it 3 stars based on my experience and it was closed for a time, only to open again the same way. It is potentially 4 stars now, but I will have to see that myself before I can report on improvements. I will certainly do that. Nevertheless, the views are certainly worth a visit, even if you chose not to stay here and the restaurant here serves good food.

Nevertheless, any state it is in there has been and probably will always be some of the best hotel views in Erice with ambiance. The courtyards of La Pineta look out on some spectacular views of the landscape below and it's really a matter of hotel upkeep that makes the difference, depending on when you you. You have to understand Erice, and it is not always up to date with the most modern ways, so expect the unexpected here, and try to embrace the nature of this place as something to experience in the past - a flavor that is quickly evaporating in the present day. Erice is a step into the past and enjoy it as such. La Pineta actually means pinewood or pine forest since the hotel is nestled in the pine trees on the slopes of the mountain where Erice is located. It's a charming locale with some of the best views in Erice to be seen from a hotel location with ambiance.

Wonderful views

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written May 17, 2014
Tip Photo

La Pineta entrance steps

• ludogatto profile photo ludogatto
  • Reviews: 453

Ulisse: Ulisse rooms and restaurant

I hadn't spent a night there but I asked info for my parents and I had the idea that the relation quality/price was good!
Fro more info have a look to the web site....

In the town center