Villa Citrus

More about Giardini Naxos

rocky beachrocky beach

About Giardini

by jecko

I am going to Giardini Naxos in 2 weeks from now and I was wondering if anyone can tell me something about prices of food and drink, is Recanati far away from the centre of Giardini, is there a cable car from Giardini to Taormina, are the buses frequent and on time, trains,... anything will help me.
Thanks in advance

by pedroswift

If you like you can go to my Giardini Naxos page: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/ae2c2/24ba8/
I have a tip under "transport" on getting the bus to Taormina & a tip on the Rendezvous restaurant which has cost of meals. I also point out that patience is needed with regard to the bus/train timetables. During the week we were there, every single time we used either scheduled bus or tour bus or train our departure was delayed.
There is no cable car to T. from G.N. there is one from Mazzaro which is about 4.5 kms north of G.Naxos lido. Did not use it so cannot comment. The Recanti bus stop is approx. 2kms from the G.Naxos lido.

by SallyM

I have done it the other way, staying in Taormina and taking the bus to Giardini Naxos. Buses may not always be on time, but they are reasonably frequent. As far as I recall, buses from Taormina stop both in the centre and at Recanati. The train station is between Taormina and Giardini (walkable from Giardini if you aren't carrying luggage).

The cable car from Taormina down to the beach at Mazzaro is fine, but not particularly useful in terms of getting to Taormina from Giardini and doesn't run over lunch time.

Food prices are cheaper than where I live in the UK, but not cheap as such. The food is great, though.

by Sjalen

We had no problems at all with the trains during our week even though we had expected to :)))

We stayed in Recanati for a few days and found the walk to GN itself perfectly OK as there was something to look at along the way...lemon groves in the antique part of GN, the little amusement park you pass and so on. You can have a look at my GN page if you like.

Comments