Marsala Hotels

Our Members Say

• jeffmartinartist profile photo jeffmartinartist
  • Reviews: 136

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Baglio Vajarassa Agrituristica: My most memorable meal of the 2001 trip was here

Agriturismo is farm stay accommodation and these vary greatly as to what they offer. Here just out side of Marsala is an amazing vineyard run by a husband and wife team with a large house. You can pay full fare and be waited on hand and foot and stay in a grand room within the large house or you can offer to do some jobs on the farm and subsidize some of your stay on the property. One bloke was camping near a shed in a tent and was working in the field in exchange for meals.

Now that is not my idea of a holiday but when I tasted the meals provided by Dino’s wife I was willing to consider all options. Some of the best food I have ever consumed. Dino is a great host entertaining all the guests from the head of the table with yarns. The mix of people at the farm when we stayed, ranged from Lawyers from Rome, a young recently married Swiss couple and a history buff from the U.S and us.

Dino showed us over the salt mines and all through Marsala and things I’m sure we would never have seen without local knowledge. I think of all the hotels and guesthouses I have stayed in and this is one of the most hospitable experiences I can recall.

I have not indicated a price as it varies Dino picked us up from the station and I left a small drawing on a wall as part payment for my stay. If you do stay here say hi from Jeff.

• Opinion of Price: N/A