La Casa di Zoe

More about Palermo

Palermo cityPalermo city

Before the Teatro MassimoBefore the Teatro Massimo

Quattro Canti di CittàQuattro Canti di Città

Let's make a toast with Rum&Pera (bacardi+peach)Let's make a toast with Rum&Pera (bacardi+peach)

Need a nice clean B&B in Palermo

by sararosa

I will be traveling to the Palermo area in the next two months. I will have a rental car with me, and hope to find public transportation to take me into the city center so I don't have to drive in. I am looking for a nice B&B that has a place to park my rental car. I have attempted to contact the B&B that The Wandering Camel stayed at, but they have yet to respond to my e-mail. I am getting a little worried as time is growing shorter towards my departure. Mostly, I am concerned about a clean room not too far outside the city center.

by microsensazione

Have you tried this link?

Another one:

Good luck!

by leics

I suggest you look at www.venere.com It is a reliable site which lists some b&bs as well as hotels. Its guest reviews are honest: you can't post a review unless you have completed a stay booked through the site.and it has good mapping.

Most importantly, you should be able to book somewhere with free cancellation up to 24/48 hours in advance. That is the norm, but do check individual hotel/b& policies. That means you can be reassured that you have somewhere to stay whilst still searching for others (and awaiting email replies).

I also suggest you email the b&b you mention again, perhaps using another email address. Sometimes mail is deleted as spam by servers, or accidentally by the recipient.

by sararosa

Thank all of you for you responses. I forgot about some of those websites.
I did find a nice one and have one more reservation to go- A nice reasonable hotel near the Florence airport that I can park the car.- Grazie e mille
Sararosa

by lforrro

Why would you want to book "a nice reasonable hotel near the Florence airport that I can park the car" if you're going to visit Palermo????
Send my via mail the period when you'll be in Palermo, the B&B you'd like to book and your name. I could call them for you and help you with the reservation.
In private I could give you my mobile number and give you tips for visiting Palermo, if you want.

Travel Tips for Palermo

dress

by ricekrispie

Coming from the UK I know how it feels when you go on holiday and as soon as it gets a little bit hot you need to put your flip flops on and a skimpy little vest top. Well they don't do that in Palermo, I know what you're thinking - that's because they're used to the heat - but really it's more of a dress code, flip flops are for the beach and vest tops shouldn't be so skimpy that you lose any dignity. But if you don't mind looking like an obvious tourist then wear what you like, apart from inside churches where you must cover up.

The Mediterranean Diet

by shiran_d

It's nothing new, but the "Mediterranean Diet,

High in vegetables, fruits, grains, monounsaturated fats and various complex carbohydrates but low in cholesterol and certain forms of saturated fat.
Great food and nothing to worry about later. Just eat and enjoy the best food on the planet.

Escape from the chaotic city life

by Alice-Kees

Not far from the Palazzo dei Normanni we found this little church (Chiesa di San Giovanni degli Eremeti) with very peaceful cloisters and garden. The church is built by both Normans and Arabs. Inside, the church is quite bare. It's the cloisters you should come here for, if only to find some rest from the busy city life of Palermo.

Palermo - the land of confusion and chaos!

by helenjones

"Palermo"

As I mentioned in my into page to Sicily I didn't see an awful lot of Palermo as we ended up getting completely lost and more than a bit paranoid when gangs of youths started circling us on their bikes menacingly! Luckily we eventually found our way back on to a main street and the paranoia left us as quickly as it arrived - maybe we imagined it all! Don't be put off wandering the streets of Palermo though - we were just a bit silly in not noticing where we were going and there's plenty to keep the eyes occupied on a walking tour of the city.

Comments