Palermo Hotels

Our Members Say

• painterdave profile photo painterdave
  • Reviews: 661

Ambasciatori Hotel: Palermo's Best View From Roof Terrace

3 Blocks from the train station. Awesome view from top of roof with bar, eat breakfast there, too.
Clean rooms, linens fresh daily, bathroom has its own terrace, tv, and has been redone with nice wood finish.
The Staff is very polite, helpful, and there is a greeter downstairs to keep non guests out. Elevator that works...
A bit noisy at night as there is a disco on street behind, if background noise bothers you, don't stay here. We found it to be a surprise to be so nice.

Clean hotel, good breakfast, but you will see that the view at the top is what sells this hotel.
WE got a deal on the room through Alitalia...3 nights 164 euros.
You are on bus routes, close to 2 markets, the port, many trattorias, 3 take out sicilian fast food places, the kitchen ware street, 3 blocks from train station.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Women's Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written December 16, 2011
Tip Photo

view from roof garden terrace

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1585

Residenza d' Aragona: We Felt Like Returning Home

We spent 4 nights at the Residenza hotel Apartment in Palermo and I would gladly come again if I only had the chance. Our apartment was beautiful and cozy, and very clean. We had a nice sitting room, and our bedroom was really huge.
Very centrally located, however one who comes here should know that from the bus-stop it is just a 5 to 8 minute walk. We got a bit mixed up in the main road and we asked several people but they could not help us. We decided to get a taxi, and the driver pretended that he knew but the moment we got in we understood that something was going on. He was driving us round and round the same neighbourhood until he finally found it…(?) but we had to pay 20 or 23 euros for nothing!!! Ridiculous!
To be convinced that he had no idea he stopped and asked a policeman but he also had no idea!!!

The negative is that although we had a kitchen and as an apartment we expected to be able to cook something simple, the kitchen was locked and we were asked to pay extra if we wanted to use it. So, we preferred eating out. The other negative was that breakfast was very poor. The people at the reception were not very helpful, in fact they gave us wrong instructions for the flee market area, but on the whole I would recommend it to people. The apartment was beautiful and cozy. We felt as if we were returning home every time we were back from the city tour.

• Written March 7, 2011
Tip Photo

The sign on the entrance door

• lotharscheer profile photo lotharscheer
  • Reviews: 805

Hotel and Hostel Firenze

Old hotel, now also hostel, central located, hotel and the area are in need of some renovation (and it looks like being done slowly), but charming.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 28, 2010
Tip Photo

Slightly faded interior of the Firenze

• iskontres profile photo iskontres

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kalsuite apartment: Top Romantic Attic

Genial Apartment! Super views on the skyline of old city. Best way to sightseeing around really was to sit outside on the terrace and enjoy this terrifc view.
The apartment is luxury furnished. I really don't understand why owner don't renew the apartment website.. he says he likes the positive surprise of guests when they enjoy the real look of the apartment. And it's true. Kalsuite apartment was much better in real than in the website.. That's a sort of odd marketing rule i don't still understand but i rather really enjoyed. That is a top class accommodation at a reasonable price and i do really reccomend to other people. Palermo itself is very charming. A history tale of 2000 years made of monuments and palazzos everywhere. A city with a strong soul. Really.

Great views. Perfect furniture. Top area in the old city (bars, restaurants, etc.)

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written August 6, 2007

• domenicococozza profile photo domenicococozza
  • Reviews: 164

torre artale: tranquility

Although the Torre Artale is a hotel, there are also many villas you can rent in the same conmplex and still use the hotels facilities. We took a three bedroom villa with splendid views
of the mountains. The villa came with a fully fitted modern kitchen, so the first day we stocked up with goodies from a local shop(5 minutes drive away). The hotel itself has an Olympic size pool with snack bar and wet bar. There are tennis courts, a la carte restaurant, lounge/bar, terrace(where some nights there would be entertainment for the guests. There's even a chapel.

• Written August 2, 2007

hotel courtyard

• Grigi profile photo Grigi

B&B La Dimora del Guiscardo: Affordable and Authentic in La Kalsa

La Dimora del Guiscardo (Roberto's House) is a great place to stay if you want to experience Palermo. It's not glamorous, but Roberto showed me true hospitality. First of all, he picked me up at the station, and then gave me a map and circled all interesting sites and places to eat nearby. I needed my clothes washed and he did that for me, hung them out to dry and the next day put them in my room, all neatly folded. I don't think he charged me for that. He helped me out with a lot of advice on what to see and where to go. Breakfast is at a nearby cafe; Roberto provided a voucher for that and also one for an enoteca (wine bar.)

When I was leaving, I had some problems getting to the next place I was staying and had to get there before it closed, which was earlier than I had thought. Roberto took me, luggage and all on his motorbike. He didn't charge me for it. It was nice staying in a place like that; I was alone in the Kalsa and kind of nervous, but he was such an easygoing, friendly person that it made me feel at home. And I believe it is his home, I think his mother lives right downstairs. This is not a luxury accomodation by any means, but a true Sicilian experience. Roberto did not speak much English. His website is in Italian, English, French and Spanish.

• Written April 2, 2007

Wideshot of Via della Vetriera

• Grigi profile photo Grigi

B&B La Dimora del Guiscardo: Affordable and Authentic in La Kalsa

• Written April 2, 2007

• bloooer profile photo bloooer
  • Reviews: 8

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Chez jasmin Palermo: Home from Home

Chez jasmin is tastefully decorated and furnished house that is has all mod cons inside and outside sits in a very old courtyard. The kitchen has a washing machine toaster fridge cooker etc. All of this equipment is new easy to use reliable and efficient.
Mary the ownwer stocks the kitchen with bread honey milk oranges teas etc. She lives just down the road and is extremely helpful and friendly.without being intrusive.
The bedroom is cosy has a study a small library with travel guides and maps of Palermo, Sat TV phone balcony etc
The roof terrace is a good place to eat or just sit.
The many flowers and plants are wonderful.
Its like being in someones house without them being there.
A lot of careful thought has gone into making this house well above the average B+B.
Its located in the Kalsa district the oldest and most interesting part of Palermo. Its much better than the newer glass and concrete Palermo.
I had a great time I hope that you do too.

All the comforts of home
An interesting location
A friendly and efficient host
two balconies
good value for money
A big supermarket 5 minutes walk away
Fantastic valur restaurants very near

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 17, 2005

• Pink_Pash profile photo Pink_Pash
  • Reviews: 36

Family Owned Hotels/Albergo: Planning for Your Visit

When I arrived at Palermo, I had just traveled from Napoli on the train, I was lucky to have a very nice gentleman from Agrigento travelling in the same "cabin" and he gave me many tips. Most of which would've been much more useful prior to deciding to travel to Sicilia.
I won't complain, because one of the perks of adventure travel, especially when traveling alone is not knowing exactly what comes next. I was lucky enough to find a place (after many misses) that met all my specific needs. Staying in a family owned albergo is great for women travelling alone, the one I stayed in was just two blocks from the train station and on a main road, so my daily activities were determined by what direction I would walk towards.

All the rooms are stand alone rooms for one to two persons. I had a great room with a view of the street, and this viewing window was also my only source of air and ventilation.
Bear in mind that Palermo, like most of Sicilia is very hot during the summer time. I was not fortunate enough to stay in an air conditioned albergo, but the family atmosphere and security made the warm room well worth it.

• Written April 23, 2004