Parco dell'Etna Hotels

Our Members Say

• rosata profile photo rosata
  • Reviews: 251
Hotel Corsaro: Mount Etna's highest hotel

Hopefully, I will complete my review in a couple of days. I was intending to stay there tomorrow night but my OH is somewhat hesitant as Mount Etna is erupting right now, from a relatively new, south east crater.

I read about this hotel a while ago. It was completely destroyed in recent history and the current family decided to rebuild it but will never be able to pay for it during their lifetime, I'll see if I can find the article. It was quite a story.

Hotel Corsaro is about 2000 metres above sea level on Mount Etna's southern flank.

It is situated at the high point of the road between Nicolosi and Zafferana Etnea.

Fantastic views of the volcano and down to sea level when clouds permit.

Close to Etna Sud cable car to take you to the next level and the jeeps.

• Related to: National/State Park, Hiking and Walking, Photography
  • Written June 17, 2014

• rosata profile photo rosata
  • Reviews: 251
Etna Sud accommodation: Rifugio Sapienza

I have not stayed at this hotel but would not hesitate to do so
It's position is next to the funivia up to the next level on Mount Etna

There would be a magnificent view of volcanic eruption or other volcanic activity

A good base for hiking and walking on the volcano

• Related to: National/State Park, Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 5, 2014

• hquittner profile photo hquittner
  • Reviews: 2724

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Primavera Dell'Etna: The Nearest Hotel to Mt. Etna

Since we have had excellent experiences with Logis de France and its evolved Logis d'Italia members in the past we decided to use this hotel for our NE Sicily base (at that time it was the only Sicilian member of the association).The 54 rm hotel survives on summer vacationers and some skiers. All come by car except for some small bicycle etc groups.The most intimidating thing is getting there although it is direct (the only road). We arrived initially and 3x more with only one "misoriented" turn when we came back via SS114 from AciReale.The road away is easy since it is always downhill to S, Venerena and A18--and you are on the road to Etna when you go there

The hotel is 1.5 km beyond Zafferana E. on the road to the Refugio. It is tiered into the slopes that lead onward and upward and is at 750m alt. The rooms are large and well-equipped.There is a play area and tennis, but you will not have time for that. The view out is toward the visible Cyclops Coast.We were there out of season and there were only about 10 guests hence the price, and the great attention. We did not go into town but I understand that from there you can walk into the lower part of the Valle del Bove.The restaurant is quite competent(described alone).There is a large parking lot.It is a fine place to return to after a long day of sightseeing for a relaxing meal.

• Related to: Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel
  • Written March 14, 2005
Tip Photo

View of Cyclops Coast and Ionian Sea (a dull day)

• hquittner profile photo hquittner
  • Reviews: 2724

Refugio Sapienza??: Overnight on Mt. Etna??

We did not stay at the hostel or even go inside, At the time I did not realise that nobody had ever written anything on Etna for VT.The food emporium in the lower level did not seduce us either. I think this is for real but I cannot certify it. It certainly is not fancy. Would you invest in a McDonald's or a Days' Inn on a lava bed? The area is designated a National Park but the Italian definition must be quite different from the American one I am familiar with. (Primitve enterprise without Mafia exploitation).

There are none. The views of course are all over the place. This is literally the end of the road.

• Related to: Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel