Hotel Halimeda

More about San Vito lo Capo

Moving around

by juzz

Hi!

I am planning my holiday and I'd like to stay in San Vito, using it as the base for all my trips. I wonder if I can move by public transportation to and from San Vito (to go to Palermo, Erice, Trapani, ecc...) or if it's better to hire a car. And if so, can I park the car easily in San Vito? Do you have to pay to park there? And how much?

Sergio

by domenicococozza

Hi,
San Vito Lo Capo sits on the north west edge of Sicily at the top of a peninsular.
It is very beautiful but on the downside, public transport is not particularly good for touring. San Vito does not even have its own train station.
I would not even consider trying to negotiate my way around on public transport.
I seriously suggest if you want to visit lot of places, then rent a car.

by juzz

Thank you very much!
Do you know something about parking there? You know if the car is a must and the parking impossible (or expensive) I will think about another place to stay as a base for the trips

Thanks again
Sergio

by domenicococozza

Parking your car in San Vito is easy. All the hotels and guest houses provide private parking.
Just one tip (pretty obvius really) - never leave anything on display in the car,
anywhere in Sicily.

by Eclectic9

Hi-

I'm going to Sicily for my third visit this September. I've decided to stay in Castellammare del Golfo, which is very near to San Vito da Capo, but has a train station and some bus service. And even hiring a car for a day or two is better than needing one all week.

There are a number of very nice hotels near the harbour, lots of good restaurants, and many wonderful sights are easily reached from there, including Segesta, Zingara Nature Preserve, Scopello, Alcamo, and Palermo.

Steve.

by Eclectic9

Also, Castellammare del Golfo has a nice beach, and another very nice beach, Balestrate is nearby.

Steve.