Villa Fisher

Via degli Zaffiri n. 90, Syracuse, 96100, Italy

More about Siracusa

The Greek Theatre in the archaeological parkThe Greek Theatre in the archaeological park

Ringside seatsRingside seats

By  the pieceBy the piece

pastrypastry

Travel Tips for Siracusa

Parco Archeologico della Neapolis

by Lcannar

This was probably the most disappointing thing we saw. Pictures in guide books look fantastic. Because they use this for real plays in the summer, they were busy putting bleacher seats over all the stone. You can see them behind me as well as scaffolding and plywood over the stage on the bottom. It really took away from that "ancient" feel. The whole area has many trails and you can wander around for hours. When we were there, the Necropoli dei Grotticelli, the catacombs of San Giovanni was inaccessible. Supposedly, that's where Archimedes is burried. The ropemaker's cave is also closed, but the ear of Dionisus was well worth walking into. In all, despite being disappointed in the Greek theatre, the rest of the park more than made up for it.

My Siracusa Page

by maxovna

I have always dreamt of visiting SICILY, the ruins of ancient culture, to see Siracusa, Palermo and, of course, the Mount Etna. But I had a chance to visit only SIRACUSA, the town of art, the town of Archimedes, the town that rivaled with Athens in ancient times, the town where there are temples older than Parthenon...
I miss my quiet stroll around the town. We bathed in the sea when felt hot, we ate delicious Italian food sipping good red wine... I wish I had had more time in Syracuse - but it was only a day's stay, a part of our Mediterranean cruise.

Comments