Via G. Chincherini, Letojanni, Sicily, 98037, Italy

Isola Bella from TaorminaIsola Bella from Taormina

Taormina in its Sicilian settingTaormina in its Sicilian setting

The hills around TaorminaThe hills around Taormina

BusBus

How to get from Palermo airport to Hotel Olimpo Terrazze (Letozanni)?

by warnas9

We will shortly be travelling to Palermo airport and need to make our way onwards to Hotel Olimpo Terrazze in Letozanni where we will be staying for 2 weeks. We are travelling midweek each direction.

We were considering hiring a car from the airport. However, as we arrive late morning, we wondered whether their are other options available i.e train or bus. We have read a few commnets suggesting that both of these are quite good in Sicily. The only downside is that we will be travelling with a 3 year old, although we are reasonably fit mid 30 somethings, we will have a lot of luggage.

Does anyone have any experience of or comments/tips on this.

We will probably look to hire a car for at least a few days anyway around the middle of our stay, but just wondered how long it would take by train or bus and what the practicalities are. We dont mind paying for local taxi from the nearest station, but does anyone have any knowledge on where the nearest bus/train station is to our hotel and the length of journey; also how long would it take to drive from the airport to our hotel approx.

Many Thanks,

RE: How to get from Palermo airport to Hotel Olimpo Terrazze (Letozanni)?

by Sjalen

I assume you are talking about Letojanni?

There are trains but these take more than 4 hrs as you have to change in Messina too. Check www.bahn.de for times ("international guests" for English).

As for buses, I don't think there are any direct ones. Check www.interbus.it

Catania Airport to Letojanni

by LisaMJ

Hello,

My parents are travelling to Hotel Olimpo in Letojanii next month.

They fly into Catantia airport.

What is the best way to get from Catania to Letojanni and how much does it cost?

We have had a quote from the hotel for a taxi transfer, but wondered if it is cheaper to get a taxi on arrival at the airport.

Thanks

by Sjalen

So bus is not interesting due to luggage?

Re: Re: Catania Airport to Letojanni

by LisaMJ

Depends, is the pick up point right outside the airport? And does it drop you directly in Letojanni?

If so then I think they will consider it.

Do you know how long it takes and how much it is?

Thank you!

by atlantisct

Hello there!

I definetely suggest to book a private transfer as the taxi at the airport will charge much more!! I work at a tour operator based in Catania and I can offer you a private transfer from Catania airport to Letojanni at a very interesting rate, Euro 75,00 total max 3 pax. I doubt the hotel will charge this rate!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further info!

Sincerely

Laura

by atlantisct

Ooops! I forgot to give yoy the website!
www.aidenclub.com
info@aidenclub.com

Sorry about that

Ciao

Laura

by Sjalen

The bus alternative is this:

Yes, directly outside the terminal at the airport, but you have to change at Catania coach station (a 10 minute journey from the airport) for a bus that then takes you straight to Letojanni, via the tourist resorts Giardini-Naxos and Taormina up on its mountain. That last leg takes around two hours as it passes through the other resorts first. A bit of a drag but very scenic of course.

A lot cheaper than taking a taxi but also slower and with the extra lugging...If you at all want to consider it, the bus site for timetables is:

I hope they enjoy my favourite place in the Med! :-)

Travel Tips for Taormina

Walk slowly through the ancient streets

by lichinga

The theatre itself is just 500 metres away from the main nucleus of the village. Taormina is built on the slope of the mountain range that is dominated by Mt Etna (the tallest and active volcano in Europe) some 30 km southwards.

Taormina

by Ame718

We are currently living in Sicily and have been to Taormina about 10 times. It is by far my favorite city on the island. Not only is it a gorgeous ride to the city but it is also a beautiful city itself. There is also the alcantra gorge which is basically a small river which you can walk into- takes a lot of maneuvering though and would basically be impossible to do with small children. The water is also ice cold so you should rent the equipment offered at the top. I love this city!!!

Comments