Via Pirandello, Taormina, Sicily, Italy

Travelocity Booking.com Official Site

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• bacinmass's Profile Photo

Fantastic Find -- Tasteful Luxury, Excellent Value

Just finished a wonderful stay at the Villa Fabiano in Taormina. The staff at this small, classy, quiet hotel are all outstanding professionals, very helpful, welcoming, and offer outstanding hospitality.

If you're looking for true comfort, luxury without "glitz", and respectful hospitality, this is the place for you.

Unique Quality: The hotel is in perfect condition, inside and out. Our room was compact, but comfortable, and beautifully decorated. All rooms have wonderful views of the ocean, and the grounds of the hotel are perfect for relaxing from a day sightseeing.

The breakfast served was outstanding, easily the best we found in our entire trip throughout Sicily.

The hotel is located in Taormina, in a quiet neighborhood close to the Public Garden.

Directions: Quiet neighborhood just below the main area of Taormina, close to the Public Garden.

• LysDor's Profile Photo

Villa Fabbiano
    I did not...

Villa Fabbiano

I did not know what to expect while trying to find this hotel in Taormina.

When it appeared in a flash I said

wow, this looks like a little castle! Am I in the right place or dreaming?

Well the address was correct and this was it - my place for the next 5 days!
    Everything was taken care of, the car brought to the private parking by the staff and luggages to the room. A visit of the whole villa followed.

The room was awesome and the roof-top terrace, where a huge buffet breakfast was served every morning offered a view I will remember for a long time: a panoramic scenery over blue Ionian sea and Etna!

View from the balcony

Directions:
    Via Pirandello, 81 - I-98039 TAORMINA (ME)

Tel. 0039/0942-626058

Fax 0039/0942-23732

src='http://www.virtualtourist.com/p/.889

More about Hotel Villa Fabbiano

Tyrant Owner

arrived 9/26/05 and received an explanation of our room incl the remote for the a.c. Unit not working properly and I tried to adjust it with the remote. That didn't work and when I reported this to the owner of the hotel he flew into a rage becausea technician would now have to reset the remote and was beside himself. I have never been abused like this and would advise anyone thinking about this hotel to think twice. The rooms are generally narrow and small, the location fair, but the management awful. BEWARE!. Stanley R. Shorb MD

Simply lovely...

by TripAdvisor Member mradice

Two days were not enough to spend at Villa Fabbiano! First of all, the Hotel is as beautiful as it looks online--comfortable and well appointed rooms, very nice pool and garden area, and an unbelievable breakfast on the rooftop terrace. The staff was so efficient and kind. Daniel really made us feel at home. Truly a great tribute to a commitment for quality from Mr. Fabbiano and his family and staff.
The location was perfect with a 10 minute walk to the center of town. Our stay was simply lovely!

Can't Wait To Return!

I spent 5 nights at the Villa Fabiano and it was spectacular. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. The location was perfectly situated, centrally located between the Corso Umberto and the beach. The staff there was so friendly and accommodating. By the end of my stay I felt like I was leaving family.

Lovely hotel with personal touch

by TripAdvisor Member HelenLondon_England

My husband and I spent the last 7 days of our honeymoon here and found the staff to be very accomodating, polite and friendly. They always remembered our names and roomkey number without even asking! I laughed when I read the rave reviews about the breakfast but it was exceptional - a unique experience with top notch and varied food. The hotel is perfect - a small mid price range place to stay set in a unique building in a perfect location. The rooms are not large but wonderfully designed and very clean. If you hate the informal clinical feel of large expensive hotels this is a great choice. Thank you to the Fabbiano family for a very enjoyable stay. Keep up the good work! Helen & Ted Davies

Incredible gem!

by TripAdvisor Member skiang

My wife and I just returned home from an extended vacation through New York, Sicily and Italy and feel compelled to write some words about the Villa Fabbiano in Taormina. We stayed for four nights and coming in we really didn't have any expectations since we came as part of a larger wedding group and didn't do much homework on the place ahead of time. Boy were we surprised! We stayed in a junior suite - Room #306, and it was magnificent. The attention to detail was amazing, from the wood furniture to the bathroom fixtures to the paint colors and artwork. And the views...truly amazing. Our room had 3 accessible balconies facing the ocean and even though the weather was far from perfect on a few of the days, the view was still amazing! Another great place to take it in is upstairs on the breakfast terrace. It offers panoramic views of the ocean and Mt Etna.

The service at the Villa was also excellent. Everyone there had a great attitude and they really tried to do everything they could to satisfy your every need. In particular, the manager Daniel, really enhanced our stay and gave the place a family feel. He was always at the front desk smiling, ready to offer restaurant and sightseeing recommendations in addition to friendly conversation. He was really a wonderful part of the whole experience. And not to forget the rest of the staff, the folks at the restaurant and maid staff were excellent as well.

As for the location of the hotel, it's great too. It's easily accessibly by bus from the airport and within walking distance from the main street above with great restaurants and shops. There is also a gondola nearby, which takes you down to the beach below.

In all, it was a great experience overall. Taormina is a wonderful place to visit and the Villa made it all the better. I must add that we came to the Villa from the Trump Towers in New York City (a major 5 star hotel) and we left feeling like the Villa was equally as nice in it's own way. We WILL visit Taormina again and look forward to staying at the Villa Fabbiano in the future.

accommodation in Italy

by Lihir

We are going to Italy in July and will be staying in Rome, Florence, Siena and Venice. Can anybody recommend hotels in these towns? We're looking for hotels with great views, good access to popular tourist sites and at decent price (ie not too high but not in the low range either). Would appreciate any feedback that we get.

Re: Re: accommodation in Italy

by sniem

If you want a hotel with view over Florence those near the Piazzale Michelangelo are great but in that area all the hotels are pretty expensive one name I can remember is the Villa Carlotta. In the center I would recommend the Hotel Porta Rossa it is Florence's oldest hotel and has moderate prices. Adress is on my Florence Page. In Rome I stayed with "la dolce vita b&B" we were located just a few steps away from the fontana di trevi and the rooms where fantastic. Don't know any with a view in Rome except for the Hassler and thats quite expensive.

Silke

Re: accommodation in Italy

by zuriga

In Florence, Le Principe is a very nice, moderately priced hotels.. big rooms and a nice stroll to the center of town. In Venice, I liked the Flora.. also mid-priced, good location but rather small rooms. The breakfast in both places was also pretty decent.

Comments