Villa Angela Taormina

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Villa Angela Taormina

Something Special

by TripAdvisor Member mshan

Hotel Villa Angela was just an amazing experience. The staff very friendly and discreetly attentive. The food excellent and the chilled afternoon snack of fresh fruit was a treat.

The place has a relaxed and serene atmosphere, somewhere to wind down and be pampered at the same time.

If you want to visit the beach or the beautiful town centre, the staff will make sure transport is at hand to take you wherever you wish.

I will most certainly return again next year, everyone needs a place to recharge and I certainly found mine.

Rest and relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member Mayaa

We spent a week at Hotel Villa Angela and we can say with all sincerity what a wonderful find this hotel was. Tucked up in the hills of Taormina, away from the vibrant resort, the hotel was restful and lived up to everything the brochure had promised. Fantastic views, clean, with close attention to detail; good pool and excellent courtesy transport service. The hotel staff were welcoming, pleasant and more than helpful throughout the week. We came for a rest, relaxation and a bit of pampering and we achieved all of that.
We will return to this Hotel and we will be telling friends of this lovely place.

Stunning - highly recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member kluc123

Wow - have just spent a fantastic week at Hotel Villa Angela.
The hotel itself is located just above the charming town of Taormina, and has some of the most spectacualr views out to sea and of Mount Etna. Our room was lovely, spotless, and the private balcony enormous (great to sit out on at the end of the day with a glass of prosecco, perfect)! Great breakfast, an enormous choice of breads, pastries, hams, cheeses and cooked - we were spoilt for choice. Loved the pool, again with beautiful views, very peaceful and relaxing, and was a really nice touch that there was a poolside attendant for towels and drinks. The service overall was impeccable, all the staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Definitely reommended.

The Perfect Haven!

by TripAdvisor Member Scuz

I've just got back from a week's stay at the Hotel Villa Angela feeling completely refreshed and revitalised. My friend and I were looking for somewhere to relax, chill out by the pool where we could enjoy some good food and this place was the perfect haven.

Nothing in this hotel has been overlooked. The rooms were impeccible and all had large balconies (with stunning views over Mount Enta) where we would enjoy a glass of prosecco before heading out in the evening.

Salvatore and his staff were all very welcoming and friendly with nothing too much trouble - they even obliged at 2am when we asked if we could have a digestif on the terrace.

I can't recommend this place enough…it has to the best hotel in Taormina!

Building Work In Progress!

by TripAdvisor Member Cyprusaddict

Firstly, the hotel location and views were fabulous. The hotel itself was beautifully furnished and very clean, the pool area was fantastic and our room was lovely. Perfect for relaxation......

That was until we were woken at 7.30 each morning (thankfully not at the weekend) by building noise directly next door to our room where an extension to the hotel is being constructed. Reception were very apologetic but apparently had no other rooms (not sure about this - the hotel was very quiet) so we had to put up with the noise. The receptionist did say she would ask them to start work later at 9.00am (not great but better) but sadly this was not the case and it continued the rest of the week. Not great for what we thought would be a QUIET relaxing holiday in a tranquil location!!!

The staff were charming and tried really hard to please - but the service was very haphazard. We ordered dinner for room service and three times out of four got the wrong food. On several occasions we had to seek staff out to order drinks and food which was a pain. One day we waited 45 minutes for lunch - that consisted of a sandwich! Overall though, their enthusiasm made up for the lack of efficiency, although by the end of the week it was irritating.

We agree with the previous comments regarding breakfast and again this was inconsistent. One day there was virtually nothing and the next a plentiful selection of ham, cheese, fruit etc. The hotel restaurant menu was disappointing and expensive.

All in all, the holiday was very good, Taormina was amazing- we expected everything to be quite expensive- which it was- but worth it. The hotel however, did not meet the expectations given in their publicity and website, which was a shame - we expected much better service for the price we paid. It has a way to go to be perfect.

We will return to Sicily /Taormina but probably not to Hotel Villa Angela.

Magic Place!

by TripAdvisor Member Saya

I stayed at Hotel Vlla Angela for 5nights, and I have to say my holiday was just like a dream. From the first moment I entered the hotel, the staff welcomed me with beautiful smiles, and I immediately felt at home. The management and staff who work in this hotel are friendly and charming and this helps to make such a relaxing atmosphere.

Firstly the view is magnificient, most rooms have a huge balcony with gorgeous sea and Mount Etna views. When I was there in fact Mt Etna was in the state of small eruption, and therefore every night, we could see the specutacular red torrent of lava from our room.

The room itself was very clean and with a both modern and nostalgic feeling to its design. All the goods (towel,dishes and Pool ! etc...)have a logo of this hotel; two hands holding the heart and crown, which I believe is the Irish symbol of friendship, a concept that relates to the owner.

The hotel restaurant is really something special and therefore worth mentioning. With its large buffet style breakfast wihch can also be enjoyed on the terrace looking over the wonderful panoramic view, plus the deliciously creative dishes prepared by the talented Chef, you are never disapointed! His traditional dishes, like Pesto patsa, Vongole spaghetti and giant clams baked in breadcrumbs, were really wonderful. But also his new creations, mixing some unexpected fruits and herbs onto the main dish etc were stunning! Don't forget to taste his hand made Canoli (Sicillian traditional sweet). You can't leave Sicily without trying this!

The pool area is so clean and elegant, like a private oasis, it may be a little compact, but what do you expect from this kind of intimate hotel?

Other features that I also found interesting were a beautiful little Buddha sculpture on the gadren corner, this made a perfect meditation space for me.

Also all over the hotel there were some wonderful paintings from local artists, this gave the hotel a gallery feel!

In the end I was so sad on my last day when I had to leave. But I was not the only one, as I saw the same sad face on a little italian boy who had also a great family holiday in Villa Angela.

Finally, I have to thank the most friendly and informative nightporter who welcomed us so kindly when we arrived back at the hotel so late each night, kindly offering us a night cap before we went to bed etc!

Hotel Villa Angela was excellent value, I enjoyed every minute of my stay, and I cannot wait to return.

Excellent Hotel and location

by TripAdvisor Member hobsen

We stayed at Villa Angela for a week at the beginning of July and had a fantastic holiday. It's a beautiful hotel, really well looked after and the staff are great.

The views from the Huuuge balcomies are superb, we watched a mini eruption of Etna whilst we were there.

restaurant and breakfast facilities were great, a lot of choice and superbly cooked.

we have no complaints at all, nothing but praise.

Way expensive

by TripAdvisor Member Penelope_T

We went to Villa Angela for our honeymoon.
I believe it is way expensive for what they offer. I read the other reviews and I must say i completely disagree. The breakfast was a joke, had 1 type of cheese and the ham would always run out. In order to go to the town, you had to pre book the shuttle which was annoying. The staff, altough they tried to be nice, it all seemed very fake to us.
The only nice thing about this hotel is the magnificent view.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member DeeCabal

It's an incredible place with a stunning view of the Mediterranean, Mount Etna and town. I had 9 peaceful days there last July. Everything was great and the hotel staff made my staying really pleasant, especially the restaurant beautiful girls and the gorgeous food of their chef. I widely recommend it! Enjoy, DCL.

Fantastic views

by TripAdvisor Member bertie13

What a place! we spent a week their on our honeymoon in late July. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. The room was fantastic and what a view. The food was lovely though I would agree with another contributor that it is a little pricey. The staff were helpful and kept a discreet distance; which was what we wanted what with it being our honeymoon, they could not have been more helpful. The shuttle bus was a God send and free of charge; taxis are quite expensive.
All in all we had a wonderful time, great food, great room, great staff a truly wonderful hotel, we will definately return.

Antique shops along the main avenueAntique shops along the main avenue

panoramic view from piazza IX aprilepanoramic view from piazza IX aprile

footpath to Castelmolafootpath to Castelmola

View towards Mt Etna from TaorminaView towards Mt Etna from Taormina

Taormina in October

by lloydy2610

Hi I'm hoping to stay in Toarmina for about 6 nights in October following an organized tour of the mainland for the preceding fortnight.

I would like some advice on decent, friendly hotels not too expensive (about 3-star approx 80euros per night).

Also any good excursions available from Taormina (esp Etna, Syracuse) which I can pref. book online in advance.

Finally how would I get from/to Taormina to/from Palermo (airport). Again, can I book tickets online in advance.

Any other relevant advice appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Taormina in October

by barryg23

I'm going to Taormina in a few weeks so I can help with a few of these. You can catch a train from Palermo to Taormina. Have a look at www.trenitalia.it for details.

While in Taormina we're hoping to go see Mt. Etna and a Godfather tour in nearby Savoca. Haven't booked these yet but I'm sure it can be doen on arrival.

Two useful websites are http://www.taormina.it/ and for hotels http://www.emmeti.it/Welcome/Sicilia/ProvMessina/Taormina/ospitalita.uk.html.

Also, have a look at the VT Taormina pages - you'll be sure to find good tips there.
Hope this helps,
barry

Re: Re: Taormina in October

by lloydy2610

Thanks for the speedy reply. My first post to VT and already getting results!

Will look up those websites later; also you've given me an idea about the Godfather tour, thanks.

Maybe when you get back you could post about your experience, or mail me directly.

Thanks again. Enjoy your trip.

Re: Re: Taormina in October

by mabu

hiya!
taormina is a lovely place, even though loads of tourists go there it hasn't lost it's charme. i go there every year over easter. my prefered hotel is the hotel condor. you can find the hotels details and other tips on my taormina page.

to get there: taormina has got a railway station called taormina-giardini wich is down at sea level. you need to catch a bus up to taormina its self wich costs about €2.-, a taxi is about €15.- parking a car in taormina is a nightmare as the streets are only narrow. the official parkings are quite expensive. have a great time!
mabü

Re: Re: Taormina

by sharon.canada

hi mabu,
i am staying in taormina for a week in sept. want to take day trips. considering the parking difficulties (and expense) in taormina, is it worth renting a car? or do you suggest we take day trips by bus? there are 3 travelling - so it might be cheaper to rent the car.
best,
sharon

Re: Re: Taormina

by mabu

hi sharon

it all depends on what kind of trips you want to make. some trips can be done easy by bus, on foot or by train. perhaps look and decide there. its no problem to rent a car there or to find bus information.

if driving: take care! the sicilians drive like hell and some of the roads are very narrow and steep. and the car will most likely have manual transmission wich won't be easy for you if you are not used to it, specialy on steep bendy roads....

ciao