Pousada Noir

Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced B&B in Trapani

Pousada Noir is a B&B on Via GB Fardella, the major street that runs right through Trapani's centre. Entrance is through a courtyard, over the pub which gives it its name. We had a comfortable double room which was much more spacious then standard hotel rooms and quite quirky and pleasing in terms of decor. Bathroom was basic but also spacious and breakfast was a roll and cup of coffee in the bar downstairs.

I chose the Pousada Noir because of its proximity to the station but it's a good twenty minute walk from there to the Old town and more interesting parts of Trapani. The streets around are all shopping/office streets and finding a restaurant at night was difficult. In fact our second night here we bought food from a deli nearby and ate in our room.

The owner of the Pousada Noir was helpful and allowed me to access his PC and print out information from the Ryanair website. He also gave us travel directions and directions to bus, train etc. For travelling on to Palemo and Cefalu, it could not have been more convenient as the bus pulls up right outside.

However, I would not stay there again for two reasons: firstly, the distance from the Old Town and secondly, the noise from some of the other occupants. On Saturday night a screaming fight went on for several hours that seemed like it was just outside our door. If I'd been staying there on my own I would really have been terrified and we were anxious to leave next morning. I do realise that this was quite possibly just a one-off incident but it makes you realise the disadvantages of staying in a premises without resident staff.

Directions: On the main thoroughfare, Via GB Fardella