Via Venola 27, Tole, 40040, Italy

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Minotel Falco D Oro

Great Location, Ok Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sangha

My husband and I recently stayed at the Novotel Clarke Quay. We had never been to Singapore before and found that the location of the hotel was excellent. The hotel is on the river front and surrounded by dozens of restaurants cetering for all tastes and budgets. The Clarke Quay area is buzzy in the evenings and very safe. The hotel is also nice (recently refusbished) although the rooms are small and we had a gurgling bathroom drain which was a bit annoying -but overall it is a nice clean hotel in a great location. Note the buffet breakfast is very expensive and there are hardly any places to have breakfast in the Clarke Quay area - which only comes to life in the evening!

Really great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Chelbino

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Novotel Clarke Quay and have to say that we were very impressed. After 3 months of backpacking and staying in hostels this was the perfect place to end our trip.

Location is excellent in Clarke Quay with all its bars and restaurants but you could easily walk to Chinatown or Orchard Road in about 15 minutes and the MRT was very near and cheap and reliable.

We had a superior twin room with bath and shower which was always serviced by the time we returned each evening although they kept replacing the towels even though we didn't need them replacing!!

Buffet breakfast which was included in the cost of the room was excellent with lots of choice and the pool was also great to cool down in.

Good location, terrible hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Impossible.Princess

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Novotel Clarke Quay (but paid for 5) for the Singapore leg of our honeymoon. We had organised and prepaid our accommodation at the Novotel through our travel agent in Australia.

We had just spent 8 nights in the Maldives, our flight from the Maldives arrived in Singapore at 6:30 am on 21 October, which meant we would arrive at our hotel at 7 am. Because of this we paid for an extra night (20 October) so we could check in immediately rather than waiting for a 2pm check in.

Once we arrived, we were advised by reception we were a "no show" and our prepaid room was given to someone else. The best they could do is to put us in a twin room. I reminded reception we were on our honeymoon. She acknowledged this, but advised it was the best she could do for now, and would look to have a room with a king bed (Superiorer Room) for us at a later stage. Tired from our flight we checked in.

We approached reception at 4pm asking whether they had a Superior Room available. They advised they did, and we moved to the new room. The new room was a smoking room. Neither my husband nor I were smokers, and the smell of the room was very unpleasant. We again spoke to reception about this, they advised this was the only room available and will have the room sprayed. Neither my husband nor I had any sleep that night. The cigarette smoke smell was so strong, and had triggered allergic reactions in both my husband and I. We had to get antihistamines to alleviate the allergic reactions. Mine was shortness of breath, large red hives all over my body, itchy skin and running nose and blocked ears. Hubby had similar symptoms.

The next morning we asked to change rooms, and to a non smoking room. I can't understand why reception did not check with us whether we would have wanted to stay in a smoking room or not. Our third room was better, it still had a faint smell of cigarette smoke, but by this time we had lost all faith that the hotel would be able to deliver.

We were also promised fresh fruit and wine on arrival, which were never delivered.

Location wise the hotel was in a good location. A nice walking distance to MRT, clubs, restaurants and the Singapore river. We took a leisurely evening walk to the Merlion which gave us an great opportunity to take in the sights of the Singapore River.

I would never stay at the Novotel Clarke Quay for their terrible service and rooms.

Must try harder

by TripAdvisor Member racer2_uk

The room was not as booked/confirmed, also the room was directly below some very noisy equipment which kept us awake and could be heard from across the river, as we found out while sightseeing. Reception staff told us that no other rooms were available which I don't believe as the hotel seemed deserted.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member tysontrip

If you are travelling with small children that you need to entertain, this is a great hotel. Among parks, walking distance to quick child friendly restaurants on the river and great buffet breakfast at the hotel. Rooms were large even with a fold out, comfy beds, good views - best of all, DVD in the room where the kids can watch their bargain priced new releases repeatedly!

Ggreat hotel, great location, beware of noise

by TripAdvisor Member The_Rochdalien

Stayed here in 2005 and twice in Nov 2006. Hotel is excellent, rooms very well presented, food and drink good. You cannot find a better location, right on Clarke Quay \ Boat Quay for the food and drink, river boat trips and still walking distance to Raffles Place and the Swissotel for cocktails in the equinox bar.

One word of caution, the plaza next door which includes the Ministry of Sound can be noisy with live bands etc - if this bothers you then ask for a room overlooking the park.

Central Location

by TripAdvisor Member JetsettingOzpatriot

My wife and I booked this hotel as we are members of the Accor Advantage Plus Club and it is one of the recommended hotels.

On arrival we were booked in extremely fast and taken to our room which was supposed to be a Superior King Suite but it ended up being a twin. It was the first time in 30 years my wife and I have had to sleep apart on holidays. We complained to the Manager, pointing out that we had booked a specific room type and that as Club Members were entitled to an upgrade. She apologised and promised to do something about it but it would be the next day.

On the following day we were moved to the right room and I must say it was very nice with plenty of room, a good sized bathroom and excellent views of the city.

The hotel reception is on the 7th Floor as is the restaurant where you have breakfast which was excellent, no shortage of variety or quantity.

The hotel is situated right next to Clarke Quay where there are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops and retail shops. The hotel even has a small shopping complex complete with supermarket attached to it which was very handy.

Once we got over the initial problem of the hotel mix up we had a very enjoyable stay and found the hotel very courtious and willing to help. It is centrally located with a MRT not that far away. All in all not a bad hotel.

Comments