Relais Club

How temptingHow tempting

Travel Tips for San Martino di Castrozza

Hit the slopes

by iandsmith

So it was that I came to the town. The narrow winding street with snow flurries caressing its surface. I passed a cable car station and continued up to the village to the next cable car station, this one going up the opposite eastern side of the valley.
There was a hire place adjacent. Chiuso. Closed for siesta. I'd missed by less than five minutes. My excursion to Mariostica had left me a little late in arriving. It was time to have some lunch. I drove back to the first cable car and did just that which alleviated some of my anxiety until the hire places opened again.
Finally, fully kitted out I ascended to the nearest lifted point and decided to get my photo taken. Whilst unpacking my camera, a blonde of modelesque looks approached me. Somewhat sadly, her only request was that I take her photo. This achieved I then, via sign language, indicated that I wanted my picture taken with my camera. Her misunderstanding that I, too, wanted a photo of her must have left her unflattered when she finally understood my request.

Comments