Hotel Andes

Piaz J.B. Massar, 3, Vigo di Fassa, 38039, Italy
Andes Hotel - Wellness & Spa
Booking.com

More about Vigo di Fassa

We conquered the mountain, that Sass of a ***!We conquered the mountain, that Sass of a ***!

Travel Tips for Vigo di Fassa

Nearly there

by iandsmith

Again I delve into my Emails to try and capture some of the emotion of the day:-
THE DAY
As Hamish said, "Now you'll have bragging rights over anyone who's never been here." Amen to that. Ronnie and Jas particularly take note. Only Rosemarie can attest to how staggering the Dolomites really are.
Armed with my Dolomite Superski pass I decided to attack Sass Pordoi, a monstrous outcrop of rock 2,950 metres in the sky. I start on the Campitello-Rodello cable car at 1440 metres (mentioned in "THE QUEUE) then head via a couple of runs, another cable, enclosed chair and open chair just to get to THE LIFT. At Passo Pordoi I join the final cable car.
Before us looms the massif soaring ever upwards and disappearing into the cloud cover. It is rent by a single chute with a single skier and a snowboarder descending..............very slowly and very tentatively. At times they are bum-sliding down the slope it's so steep.

A Ladin affair

by iandsmith

The Ladin language is a still-used, still-taught language in the Dolomites of northern Italy and the local people are also preserving what is left of the culture. In addition to the museum at S. Martino (in my Italy pages) there is a new museum featuring the ethnographic collections.
Around 600 square metres have been allocated to house this exhibition which also has fifteen multimedia stations. It's open Tuesday to Saturday from 3 to 7 p.m. at Via della Chiesa 6, Vigo di Fassa.

Comments