Hotel Patio

Graziella Patio Hotel
Hotels.com Venere.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Arezzo

Santa Maria Della Pieve Bell Tower.Santa Maria Della Pieve Bell Tower.

treestrees

San FrancescoSan Francesco

Door in the wallDoor in the wall

Travel Tips for Arezzo

Passeggio el Prato

by alloquisha

El Prato is a large park tucked behind the Cattedrale - it's huge and hard to miss! Yet it was remarkably untouristed and filled with tons of locals, mostly kids running around and playing games. There is even a snack kiosk serving warm drinks and some of the usual refreshments.

The park is also at least a few degrees cooler than being in the center of Arezzo. When I felt hot and tired and found this bench overlooking the rest of the town and the hills...it was relaxing and definitely recharged my batteries.

Arezzo

by miedje

"Why did I make this Arezzo page?"

When I was planning to go to Arezzo this summer (for a Italian language course) I spent quite a while looking for any information about Arezzo on VT and other places on the internet. There wasn't any information about it on VT at all, so I reckoned it would be a dull place and I was disappointed I had to spend two weeks vacation over there.
After my holiday in Arezzo I can tell you: it's anything but a dull place. It's a very nice little town with less tourism than the other places in Tuscany, but still enough to see.
That's why I started this page now, for all those people who will be visiting Tuscany... Arezzo is worth seeing and I'll tell you what to see!

"Why should you visit Arezzo?"

After telling you how I came to visit Arezzo and why I made this page, I should tell you why Arezzo is such a beautiful town. Everyone who saw the movie 'La vita è bella' (Life is beautiful) should know the answer, because that movie is made there. Throughout the whole city are signs that show where different scenes of the movie were shot. But futhermore it has a beautiful historical centre build on a hill.
It has also been a important town for Renaissance art. Giorgio Vasari, the amous painter and writer lived in Arezzo and painted his own house there. Futhermore the famous Renaissance painter Piero della Francesca lived here and painted the San Francesco church in Arezzo.
The sign of Arezzo is a chimaera, therefore there are several statues of a chimaera in town.

Comments