La vita e' bella - tour
For everyone who has seen this movie (life is beautiful) and loved it or just loved the scenery, here are some tips of where to go. I'll list the places where the movie has been taped, just take a look and see if you recognize someting.
1. Piazza della Liberta'
2. Piazza Grande (where he ran into his principessa of the second time)
3. Piaggia San Martino (the 'Maria la chiave!' - 'Mary the key!' scene)
4. Piazza San Francesco (the scene about why jews weren't allowed in the shops)
5. Teatro Petrarca (Via Guido Monaco)
6. Piazza della Badia (where you could see a statue of Mussolini)
7. Via Porta Buia
8. Via Garibaldi
Starting from Caprese Michelangelo
"The province of Arezzo"
What do you know about Arezzo? I didn't know anything. If someone is speaking about Tuscany, he is usually thinking about Florence, Siena and other cities in the province of Firenze.
But there's another, the eastern part of the Tuscany region, which is as well beautiful and has rich storical and natural resources.
By the way, did you know that the famous movie of Roberto Benigni "La vita ? bella" was made in Arezzo?
we stayed for 3 days in the agriturismo near Caprese Michelangelo and every day went to another place around - La Verna, Popi, Bibiena, Arezzo, Sansepolcro etc.
A nice idea for a weekend trip during the autumn - FOLIAGE!:)
someday i will elaborate some other photos and info to add..