Agriturismo La Canonica

Via Montebello 84, Certaldo, 50052, Italy

More about Certaldo

CertaldoCertaldo

even a small window gets special treatmenteven a small window gets special treatment

Main dining room of the hotelMain dining room of the hotel

Certaldo- what is it like?

by PeterCac

Q: We will be staying in Alto Certaldo at the end of April.
Anybody been there to coment on what it is like and whether the cable car to Certaldo at the bottom of the hill is a pain or convenient.
Are there enough stores and restaurants, etc in old Certaldo at the top of the hill or do you find yourself going down the hill all the time.
Is parking convenient for day trips to Sam G. Siena, Florence , other small towns etc.? Or perhaps we should take a bus or train to the nearby cities/towns?
Any references in Certaldo you can give us, like a tourist guide, etc that were real good?
We will be two couples staying in a nice apartment in Alto Certaldo. We have not found much on the web about what Certaldo has. My direct email is EagleHill@directway.com if you want to use that.
Thanks,
Peter

Re: Certaldo- what is it like?

by PeterCac

No one answered this and we made our stay to Certaldo. Certaldo Alta at the top of the hill is an old medieval town that I would recommend if you want a quiet quaint town, which we did. There are only a few places to stay there but there are at least 5 restaurants.
The only downside is that parking can be hard to find on the hill. If you take the Funicular down to the new town Certaldo it does take some time but the worst is getting the tickets to ride it; the machine is very hard to operate to get the tickets. The new town Certaldo at the bottom of the Hill has not much going for it for a tourist, it is definelty not Greve or Sam G. We had a good time in Certaldo but may stay at a a more traditinal hill town next time.

Travel Tips for Certaldo

Gentle Village

by painterdave

When you walk about you will find quaint little scenes like this gate. It just seems to say, come in a enjoy my garden.
I look for these types of scenes to paint when I am in Italy. I start a painting, take a photo and finish it when I am home.
There are many of these paintable scenes in Certaldo Alto. Be sure and walk and enjoy this quiet village.

CERTALDO - UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

by mel_bee

After finding an advert for a hostel (Fattoria Bassetto) in Certaldo when I was in Zurich, I decided to go and visit this town for a relaxing short holiday. I had a great time although not as relaxing as planned because I couldn't resist touring round the local area and visiting San Gimingnano, Volterra, Siena and Florence!!

I took quite a few photos which I will put up on this page soon!!

Comments