Fiesole

Via Ferrucci 51, Fiesole, 50014, Italy

More about Fiesole

Via di San Francesco in FiesoleVia di San Francesco in Fiesole

A view of the duomo's campanileA view of the duomo's campanile

Remnants of the Etruscan and Roman templesRemnants of the Etruscan and Roman temples

In Fiesole, looking towards FlorenceIn Fiesole, looking towards Florence

wedding in fiesole

by kath31

We are planning on getting married in the Florence region, hopefully Fiesole if we can find a beautiful catholic church! Does anyone know of such a church?

Re: wedding in fiesole

by pedersdottir

Hello:
Normally wouln't one of you have to be a member of the parish? Didn't know they put 'churches out for hire' in Italy.

Re: Re: wedding in fiesole

by jamesfmunro

Hmmm... a beautiful catholic church near Florence. Now there's a challenge...

Re: Re: wedding in fiesole

by kath31

organising through a italian wedding company have asked if I have any church in mind, yes, as you say, some churches you can't use unless you're a member of the parish but believe it or not, you can 'hire' a church!

Re: wedding in fiesole

by ninetta

Friend of a friend used a wedding planner in Florence last year.
don't know about them not sure about the company name, maybe Secret tuscany

Travel Tips for Fiesole

Via Vecchia Fiesolana

by halikowski

A beautiful (if steep) walk down to San Domenico and then on to Florence. On the way, episcopal summer palaces with high walled gardens, and .. parked outside... the latest in Alfa Romeo style, the Brera.

Every picture tells a story.......

by iandsmith

...........but not necessarily all of it!
Love those little electric cars. Had to get a picture. So I pulled up down the road aways and returned with my camera in hand.
There was a street urchin begging cars for money and I gave him a wide berth. He wasn't about to ignore me.
He summed up what I was trying to do and raced over to stand in the way, demanding money. If I moved the camera he would put his hand in front immediately.
This scenario carried on for a couple of minutes until I worked out a scheme. No more "Mr. Nice Guy".
I turned away and walked a fair way back, feigning disinterest but knowing full well he would be watching. So it was that when I turned and made to take a snap he raced up again but I was waiting; grabbed his arm, flung him behind me and cranked off the shot just before he came around the front again.
Strike one for the tourists!
He didn't believe I'd taken the shot and hounded me all the way back to the intersection. Unlucky.

A beautiful day!

by xxgirasolexx

"Beautiful Views of Firenze from Fiesole"

I never thought I would have a chance to visit Fiesole. I had read about it a couple days before I was going to be leaving Firenze. When I mentioned it to my roommate we agreed that we would have to visit it the next year. Our last day of class, we went to the cafeteria and met up with our friend, Pere, from Spain. We invited him to go with us to Vivoli for gelato and he readily agreed. After eating gelato, he suggested that we go to see Piazza Michelangelo since we had not seen it yet. When we arrived in the piazza...we realized that Fiesole would show us the same view from "the other side." To make a long story short we ended up visiting Fiesole twice in one day. This picture is the only proof we have that we were there...and it was taken by our wonderful friends from Napoli that not only took our picture with their camera, but emailed it to us too...so that we would have a memory of this beautiful day forever. If you want more info about Fiesole, ask me.

Fiesole

by Bigs

"High over Florence"

Fiesole is about 7 km away from Florence and my boyfriend and I chosed it for our stay in this region when we were travelling through Tuscany in summer 2001. It´s a nice place and the bus number 7 is bringing you into Florence in 20 minutes or so and you don´t have the stress to drive a car through Florence, which can be really stressy........

Comments