Via Della Scala 40, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Adler Cavalieri

Wonderful visit at The Adler Cavalieri

Wonderful overnight experience! The room was spotless. The staff was so helpful, providing excellent directions and even an umbrella!

I highly recommend - the hotel is close to the train station as well as within walking distance of many of the interesting sights.

I wish we had more time to spend in Florence - two days was not enough.

We'll stay at the Adler Cavalieri again.

Highly recommended hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bluepuzzle

Hotel Adler Cavalieri has a great location, close to the rail and bus stations and in easy walking distance of the Historical centre of Firenze.
The staff are superb - helpful and friendly - as are the rooms which are clean, spacious and comfortable.
Also very near to some excellent restaurants [go where the locals go and not the ones aimed at tourists!]
Highly recommended and would definitely stay there again if I return to Florence!

The Adler felt like home...

by TripAdvisor Member LAexplorer99

I had the pleasure of staying at the Adler for almost a month last June. It truly was my home away from home. Not only was it convenient as it was my home base for all my excursions in and out of the city, but it truly felt like my home.

The rooms were efficiently comfortable - all clean, modern and no useless space. Again, remember I was there for weeks and never felt crowded or in need of more space. The beds were comfortable; the rooms clean, the bathrooms were immaculate and all remodeled.

The staff was incredible. The front desk team was always accommodating, friendly and extremely helpful in booking reservations for anything, anywhere. Franco was like a brother at the end of the trip. He was kind and thoughtful and made sure I had a terrific trip. Andrea was also a gem. The restaurant and bar team - Fabio, Fabrizzio, Simona - were not only gracious but had a wonderful sense of humor. They conjured up great omelets, cappuccino and Negroni's, FYI!

As you can tell, I made some great friendships at the Adler. It was so easy as the hotel is laid out so you can meet everyone and feel and live like a Florentine. I have and will recommend the Adler to my friends and family - always. The question for me is not if, but when will I return. The Adler made my memorable month in Firenze easy to navigate and most importantly, stress-less and a blast. Mille grazie, Adler Cavalieri - Tom
Best,

Tom

Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BrianGlover

Stayed with my wife on a w/e trip to Florence. I booked direct with the hotel via their bilingual web site.

Hotel is very convenient to the SMN (central Station).
Staff were polite and helpful and made our stay enjoyable. There was much talk before going that the main street outside the hotel would be noisy but we had a room in the back which was very quiet.

The room was average size with a spotlessly clean bathroom. Breakfast was good continental with none of the awful cremated american bacon.

Florence is a beautiful city to wnder through and we walked to everywhere from the hotel. The Uffizi is c.15 mins walk . One thing not to miss is the Central Indoor market and streets around. Carcking produce at good prices (take home the sun dried tomatoes which are vacuum packed)

Overall a 4 for the hotel but possibly a 4.5

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NYCgal00

Great boutique hotel. So sooooooooo clean. I am a bit of a germ freak and I can tell you that their bathroom is almost clean enough to eat off (I wouldn't but you get the point). Its small but average in NYC standards and all the fixtures seem really new. The room was standard but well taken care of and quite comfortable. Completely silent. The room was a bit chilly even though I had it set at 24C. I talked to the front desk and surprisingly, they had a high tech online system of tracking room temperatures and so they increased our room control "ranges". Pretty cool. They had a nice strong hairdryer (bonus pts for that). The doorkey is a magnetic card but the door had to be slammed shut to lock.

The hotel staff was great. The front desk was helpful in making reservations and was prepared for the worker's strike, which effected museum & bus schedules. I was impressed that the breakfast room attendent/room service personnel remembered how we liked our coffee after the first day and how attenative they were. On the minus point, I saw them smoking in the kitchen but that seemed pretty much the norm in Italy.

The location was the only thing I found "ok". Its 3 blocks from the train station and is in a safe neighborhood with a ton of other hotels but its quite on the edge of the city... mind you a city that takes only 15 minutes to walk across so not really a problem. So if you were to call this a great location then I would say 99% of Florence hotels are in great locations unless your purpose is to stay near the train station.

This was my first hotel in Italy and after staying at a range of other hotels in Italy from Inns to 5-stars... this ended up being by far the best. Like someone previously posted - it is quite the hidden gem.

Fabulous!!! Best hotel, best location and best price in Florence!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member polenta

This hotel should be much farther up the popularity scale. The rooms are big, beautifully decorated and extremely clean. Our bathroom had great amenities too include a bidet and a large shower with great water pressure. The location could not have been more perfect. A two minute walk to the bus station and a three minute walk to the Santa Maria Novella train station. It took us maybe five minutes to walk to the Ponte Vecchio. The hotel offered a wine tasting tour that visited a castle with interesting history. If this tour is offered, take it. The hotel was quite and in a very safe area. We will definitely stay there again.

A peaceful oasis in the centre of town

by TripAdvisor Member Around the World in 80 Ways

We paid a little extra for a room with a balcony, but it rained for most of our three night stay! We were overlooking a nice little courtyard and even though we were in the centre of a bustling city heard absolutely no traffic noise whatsoever.

The Adler is perfectly located, being 5 minute walk from the railway and bus stations and ten minutes from the main tourist attractions.There are lots of good restaurants within a two minute walk and a few bars as well (including an English 'pub' and a bar selling Murphys, with an early evening 'happy hour')

The accommodation was very comfortable, nice sized rooms, and very friendly and nice staff, who were happy to help with advice and suggestions for an itinery etc.

We were at the hotel very much out of season on a (very) cheap flight from Liverpool to Pisa (God bless Ryanair!) the bar was open, but not well used, and the barman laid on nibbles free of charge for anyone who wanted them. It turned out he spent some time in Liverpool on a school exchange and had worked in London!

Breakfast was in a lovely room, and a well stocked buffet with a couple of hot dishes as well. From 7am until 10.30 - ideal for the last morning, when we had an early dash to Pisa airport.

Only two very small details stopped us giving this an 'excellent' rating - there was no restaurant (bar snacks were available from frozen) and we arrived soaked through at 4pm, but they could not supply us with a cup of coffee until the bar opened at 5 o'clock (would have been nice if there had been coffee making facilities in the room).

Florence was wet, but gorgeous, and we had a lovely break.

We left our cases at the airport in Pisa and got the bus into town to look at the tower, then got a train to Florence (about 1hour 30min direct from Pisa airport to Florence - clean, prompt, comfortable and cheap!)

Very nice rooms and service

by TripAdvisor Member Isan22

We stayed for two nights and couldn't have been more pleased. All of the staff were very professional. Lisa at the front desk was very helpful as was the waiter at breakfast and the evening bartender. Our room was wonderful, big and clean. For us, this was a sidetrip and we found the hotel to be a place to relax and regroup before heading back to Rome.

Great hotel and location

We have just returned from a five night stay at this lovely hotel.We were impressed by the standard of service and helpfulness of the staff.
The rooms were spotless and spacious with a well appointed bathroom. It would have been nice to have coffee making facilities, but that would be our only criticism.Breakfast was buffet style but with plenty of choice.
The position near the station was great, so convenient. There were good restaurants nearby and all the main sights were within walking distance.We would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

Awesome Awesome Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Worldy_Wanderer

The staff and the hotel are some of the best and most accomodating I have seen. We asked for a room with a bath and they changed it without delay. The food was excellent, the breakfast plentiful. The service was very good allround. I forgot my key in the safe and they posted it back to me within a week. The rooms are very comfortable too with good views. Highly recommended to all sorts of travellers

Hotel Adler Cavalieri

by rethasophia

Has anybody out there stayed here? Thanks in advance.

RE: Hotel Adler Cavalieri

by YVRDave

I have not but it looks like a nice comfortable hotel. The restaurant and bar look very inviting. I like hotels that show the bathroom on their web sites, it says to me "I'm not afraid to let it all show" ie. no suprises.

Comments