Albani Firenze

Tags

Seniors Wine Tasting Food and Dining
See Amenities
randhorn's Profile Photo

Great location near train station

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2011

Nice hotel a short walking distance from the Firenze S.M.N. train station. Appealing reception area. Friendly staff. High ceiling room, clean and nice interior.
Unfortunately during our stay at the end of April, the air condition was not engaged, so although the room had AC, we had to open the window (facing the street) in order to get some cooler air in our room.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a sauna and a small but sufficient fitness room.

Directions: Near the Firenze S.M.N. train station.

windoweb's Profile Photo

Great Central Location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and our room. We had a great breakfast included every day in our stay.

Unique Quality: The Albani hotel, housed in a completely restored 20th century building, is ideally situated in the heart of Florence.

Beware, your personal belongings could be stolen

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2010

I arrived at the hotel in the evening after a long journey from Pisa Airport, and I must say I was really impressed, the room was gorgeous. The next afternoon I placed quite a lot of euros in the room safe provided, but when I came back to my room to retrieve some more cash for the evening, I had noticed that €80 was missing. It seemed like the money was stolen by the maid, as I only left the room for a 2 hours before returning and as I left the maid was working her cleaning shift on my floor. I was really upset about this as I really loved the hotel and the fact the the front of house staff seemed to be really nice. I felt awkward having to report this to the staff downstairs. My view changed of the staff when I was basically told that it was my fault I must have left the safe open. I am 100% certain that I locked the safe, as I had to make sure because of the amount of money I left in there. I was really pissed off when the staff downstairs did not suggest to investigate this matter, or have the manager speak to me to see how they could resolve this situation. It seemed like an inside job as only a certain amount of the cash was taken, not all of it. If it was another guest or intruder they would have taken the whole lot. I believe the perpetrator only took a certain amount hoping I would not notice it missing, and therefore when the next day enter my room to take another amount of cash. I had to report this to the Italian Police, which took up my whole day as there are so many different forces here, in order to obtain a written report, for to my insurance. The last straw was when I discovered two of my shirts missing from my luggage! These where placed in a separate pocket of my bag, which was not opened during my stay, so it seems like the light fingered maids were at it again! I also used to notice other strange activities by the staff in which I was called 2 times on my room phone, with the first time no answer, and the second time is a little more interesting; I had just come back from a really long day in the center, so when I came back to my room at 4pm I just feel asleep. At about 7pm I noticed the room phone was ringing, but as I was half asleep I did not pick it up. I believe this prompted one of the staff to see this as a indication that I was not in my room, so about 10 minutes later, sure enough I had a knock on the door, still half asleep I ignored it, only shouting out not to come in when I heard the key turn, then to hear a faint lady's voice mutter the word "sorry". I put off asking the reception what that was all about until the next day where I phoned down reporting that I had some clothing missing. I was told that one of the housekeeping staff forgot to leave any complimentary shampoo & bath foam in my room, which was strange as I did have those items already replenished, but I mean seriously! Why would housekeeping be so desperate to fulfill such an inane thing a 7pm!? It all smelt a little like bull to me, but hey maybe I just forgot to flush. I usually am very tolerant of these things. I was willing to still give a good review even after my money was stolen, as I do not believe the action of a few should tarnish the reputation of others, but my clothing going missing was really taking the ***. Thankfully the beauty of Florence relived some of the pain of this nightmare. I am actually so glad that I am leaving this place tomorrow. I know I may be unique as this hotel has received some really good reviews, and I can see why: the hotel rooms are stunning, great location, breakfast staff are fantastic also there was one shining light at reception a lady with straight hair (terrible I know, should know her name), but I believe the reason I was targeted with theft may have been due to my age, being in my early 20's, the maids probably thought that I would be totally oblivious to my items missing, as I don't know, being young and viral I must have been on constant heat to notice anything, mesmerised by the sexy young things of Florence, and I must say Italians are truly a beautiful people! Fortunately this hotel has not succeeded in ruining my love of Italy and Florence in particular where I have always dreamed of visiting since I was a creative misfit at art school fascinated by the renaissance movement.

Unique Quality: Great room, breakfast & restaurant staff excellent, beautiful building & rooms, also convenient location.

Directions: Near Santa Maria Novella

mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Excellent Place to stay Central Station

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 19, 2005

With very hospital, courteous, and helpful staff, I was greeted by a lovely woman who reminded me of Mona Lisa, with the gentle grace and charm that one needs after a long 9 hours of train rides. Hotel Albani is perfectly located near S.M. Novella Station (Florence's Central Station) and an easy walk to all the primary attractions. To the other side of the Arno to Michelangelo, you're looking at a healthy 30 minute walk with many great things to catch your attention.

The room is spacious, very comfortable and with a shower with marbled walls that you can see faces and art in it's design. There is a Bidet and you will have free breakfast every morning from 7am to 10am. The breakfast isn't much (yogurt, croissants, cereal, pate and bread) but the coffee is excellent. Order a capuccino, espresso or late and you'll be prepared to see the streets. The hotel offers many tour packages. I took the "Armani Outlet Shopping Tour" which is really nothing more than a shopping spree as you can purchase great designer clothes are up to 70% off discounts!

The staff was also very responsive and recommended excellent restaurants and tourist advice. I will come here again when I return to Florence. Perfect service is never forgotten.

Unique Quality: Marbled walls in shower, bidet, and perfect location.

Directions: From Santa Maria Novella Stazione, study your map carefully as it's very closeby. Try to find a sign to Via Nazioalae and via Fiume is a block up from there. You will pass a slew of small shops just prior to Via Fiume

Nearby Albani Firenze

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Suites

Florence Travel Forum

Need advice about Florence, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Florence and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Florence hotel reviews

Joshua Tree Pub
Airport Bus
Left Luggage
Transportation
Michelangelo has the best leather in Florence!