Bed & Breakfast Leopoldo

Via Giovanni Fabbroni 78, Florence, 50120, Italy
Bed & Breakfast Leopoldo
Booking.com Venere.com Travelocity

More about Florence

Florence Seen from the Piazzale MichelangeloFlorence Seen from the Piazzale Michelangelo

Arched portals on both sides of the bridgeArched portals on both sides of the bridge

Art students flock to FlorenceArt students flock to Florence

Chiesa di San Frediano in Cestello (Florence, It)Chiesa di San Frediano in Cestello (Florence, It)

San Lorenzo market open on Mondays?

by kira11

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to go to Florence next month and I would like to visit San Lorenzo market and Central market. I looked at 5 different travel guide books - 2 wrote San Lorenzo market is closed on Mondays, 3 wrote it's open. What's true? Is San Lorenzo market open on Mondays? And what about public holidays?

I didn't find any opening hours for Central market. So, is it open on Mondays?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Kiki

Re: San Lorenzo market open on Mondays?

by leics

I think the confusion lies in the fact that 'S Lorenzo market' means either a) the indoor food market (Mercato Centrale) which is closed on Mondays,

Or b) the stalls (clothes, leather, scarves, jewellery etc etc) which line the streets around the market building and which (I think) will be there on Mondays (or many/most of them anyway).

Or c) both. Hence the open/not open thing in your guide books!

The 'Central Market' is the Mercate Centrale in Piazza S Lorenzo, so is not an alternative venue.

Travel Tips for Florence

Walk around. Florence has a...

by unigirl

Walk around. Florence has a tranquility like no other city. It is like the place is shrouded in a coat of calm, even in the busiest street mercato. It is really quite bizzare, actually...Allow yourself to take in the sights and enjoy the peace.

Florence's mountain

by fgfi

Abetone is a small skiing resort at 1400 metres on the sea level , near the border between Tuscany and Emilia Romagna,

As it's only about 90 minutes from Florence, many Florentines go there skiing and snow boarding from december to the end of march.

You can choose to go there for a week end or just for one day trip!

Leather, paper, gelato, and olive oil

by bpwillet about Ponte Vecchio

You can buy mostly jewelery along the Ponte Vecchio. There are a few stalls that sell postcards and magazines as well as gelatto shops. I found there were many areas to shop near the Duomo and along the market near San Lorenzo. Florence is known for its leather products and there are many fine shops that sell leather bound books with machine or hand made paper. The market also sells many different kinds of local goods from olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or other produce. Depending on the time of year of your visit, you may also find some seasonal markets, like those found in front of Santa Croce.

Buses can be quite comfortable or quite miserable

by katezr

Although I prefer to walk everywhere around Florence, occasionally I need to get on a bus. To my chagrin, I have found many of the bus drivers to be rather rude and inconsiderate. Quite often I have had to walk to the opposite part of the bus, with a small child in one arm and a stroller in the other, to find an open door (why is it they don't open all three doors, beats me!)... Quite a few times the doors had tried to slam shut on me (the drivers always seem very impatient to get moving)... Also, a most irrational rule, safety-wise, is that you have to fold your baby stroller (imagine holding an often very fidgety or very fussy child in one arm and stroller in the other, and walking along the bus to get your ticket stamped, or to get to the one open door to get off!). Never count on the bus driver to hault for you or open the just-closed door for you; in fact, all too often people miss their bus because they were not quick or pushy enough to get on right after the crowds had gotten off...

A wonderful lunch!

by christine.j about Fattoria San Donato

I had booked the tour "Best of Tuscany", which included a "typical Tuscan lunch".
This was the part of the tour which I had thought I could easily do without, as I feared
it would be the typical tourist trap, a tiny bit of average food and one glass of wine per person.
I couldn't have been more wrong!
Our small group (just 6) arrived in the Fattoria San Donato and first were shown
the wince cellar and had explained to us how the Tuscan wine is made.
After this it was time for lunch: A large buffett had been put up, with lots and lots of food from the region. The picture shows only a small part of it, because I was ready to eat and stopped taking pictures.
We were also offered different wines, much more than we could possibly drink.
Red and white wine, after lunch a dessert wine and two kinds of grappa.
Our hosts kept telling us to try more.
It was absolutely delicious!!
The poor driver didn't drink any wine, only water. One the one hand I felt sorry for him, but on the other I was very pleased that he took his responsibilty so seriously.
. Our tour guide recommended to have pecorino cheese with honey, an unusual combination for me as I had never eaten any cheese with honey. It was the best dish on the the buffett, I only wished I could eat en more.

Comments