Bellettini Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 68% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Bellettini Hotel

Loved hotel bellettini

We really enjoyed the Hotel Belletini, especially the attitude of the staff. Our room was very adequate, breakfast was excellent and the two young men who help (probably, two brothers) are a joy! Their attitude is upbeat ( one morning a flower on the top of my cappucino and the second morning a smiley face)

We make the comparison with two hotels (Boscolo Palace, very noisy, and Pesaro Cruiser, very nice, that were paid for by business) Bellettini was excellent for the money

Loved Florence

Hotel is the the heart of the city yet tucked away on a side street so you avoid the street noise. If you can book a room in the annex do so. The staff is friendly and speak fluent English. They can assist you as much or as little as you like in order to make your stay in Florence rewarding. Florence is very pedestrian friendly and the Bellettini is convenient to all major sites.

It was Ok

by TripAdvisor Member MDAdams858

This is a good little hotel in the heart of Florence. The rooms were clean but had a slight odor that we couldn't quite figure out. Bathroom was adequate but not what we had experienced in another hotel in Florence. Some of the staff was helpful some were indifferent. We frequently had to go behind the desk to get our key as they were busy chatting with each other. There was a young, high school age boy that worked at breakfat time and he was delightful. A group of teenagers touring were staying there also. My point to that comment is that while they arrived the day we were leaving, the hotel itself seems to lend itself to a younger more, for lack of a better word, bohemian group. No offense, please. It was set up more to accomodate a younger crowd. There is a computer for use but impossible for me to send email or go to any website and the staff didn't seem too concerned when a couple of young children monopolized the computer for over an hour despite the fact that adults were in line to use it also. All in all, next time we will bypass this hotel.

Totally memorable stay

Stayed in the triple room in the annex. Beautiful spacious room. Cold bottled water in the fridge a major plus. Only two cups and saucers which was odd for a triple room. Kept meaning to say but didn't, sure they would have done something about it if pointed out. Great breakfasts and friendly staff. Not keen on lifts and the one they had is coffin like, however a ring on the bell to let you up the stairs is not a problem. Would throroughly recommend for its postition and welcome.

Nice hotel with very nice staff

by TripAdvisor Member St._Simons_Dad

The hotel was very difficult to find by car but the location was central to many good tourist sites. Next time, we'll take a train and either walk or take a short taxi ride there.

Classic European hotel that had a few American touches. (Fluffy towels, shower curtain, & other extras in bathroom.)

The tiny elevator was smaller than usual European elevators. The hotel is several floors up in an old building, so ring the bell at the building elevator's ground floor to have the front desk clerk buzz you in.

Marie Theresa and Gina, the front desk clerks, were "the bomb," (terrific) says my 9 year old daughter. The whole staff was very gracious to our family of 5. The approx 20 year old breakfast server guy was very pleasant and had a haircut like the David's. (He says that "everyone tells me that," with a big smile.)

Internet access was convenient in the lobby.

$200+ per night for small suite (3 beds in front room, double bed in middle room, with bathroom in back), which seemed like a good value in June.

We're eager to return to see Marie Theresa, Gina, and the nice guy with "the David" haircut.

A hotel with lots of charm

by TripAdvisor Member Picu

I loved this hotel and so did my two teenage children, who had a separate room. We stayed in the Annex, which is around the corner from the main hotel. The room was very large, clean, and comfortable. It is beautifully decorated and has a lot of charm. It even had a bathrobe for each guest! I felt like I was staying at a five-star hotel. When we stayed there, the Internet access was not available, but there are very inexpensive Internet cafes very close by. The hotel has an elevator in the main building and in the Annex, but I am not sure I would recommend it for persons that are wheelchair bound.

The location is excellent, a short walk from the Duomo, the Medici Palace and Chapel, the Ufizzi, and the Academia. The breakfast buffet has an ample selection.

I would definitely stay here again. It is a great value for the price.

Wonderful location and friendly staff!

My fiance and I stayed in the main building for four nights. The room was large but sparsely decorated, it was clean but there was a large water stain on the ceiling. The biggest negative was the very small shower. The location and the staff made our stay very enjoyable. The front desk was so helpful and knowledgeable. One of the sites I wanted to see was closed and requires reservations six months in advance, the front desk offered great alternatives and told me that if I ever return to Florence she would take care of the reservations for me even if I did not stay at the Belletini on my return trip. When we left I forgot to tip our housekeeper, I returned to the Belletini about a week later to leave the tip and the hotel staff said that they did not give me my full discount. They refunded me 30 eruos. I had no idea that I was over charged and I was so impressed by their honesty. The young man at breakfast was so friendly and cheerful he got us off to a great start each morning.

Great little 2 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Clarendon Hills

We took the advice of famed public TV critic, Rick you-know-who, and gave Hotel Belletini a try. It was perfect for our needs - providing a quick getaway for an early return flight. We were met by gracious hostess, and served the "authentic" style hot chocolate to try. (we had been advised by other travellers not to miss this, they were not wrong!!) The room was large, comfortable. The bath was not large, but adequate. The hotel was an easy walk from the train, and the taxi to the airport came immediately and was E18 for 2. The Galleria and Cathedral easilly reached on foot, and excellent restaurants and street sales for leather, silk, etc. nearby. We were there less than 24 hours, but a fine stay. The included breakfast was hearty, many choices of pastry, bread, meats, cheeses, yogurt, fruit, juices, cereals etc.

So good to be back at the Belletinni

by TripAdvisor Member JayTea220345

I first stayed here in 2000 and it was my first choice for a return visit.I stayed in a single room with bathroom, and found everything I needed. The room was small but adequate, and the bathroom was a classic Italian "all wet" bathroom - don't take clean dry clothes in there ! I had a better room for 1 night and views from that room are attached.

The welcome was good, the services of Reception were excellent. The two young men who served the legendary breakfast were a positive encouragement to get up and start the day. They were so keen to get it right for you !
The hotel is in a brilliant position, very near the Station and all the things to see and do, yet - for a City Centre Hotel - is quiet, and very reasonably priced. I will stay here whenever I can.

Very Good Hotel.Excellent Price

by TripAdvisor Member MarioM

We stay four nights at the Bellittini. Of course is close to everything. Quiet and clean street.El Mercato Centrale is very close.Via Faenza is an very active street with restaurants,laudry and internet-phone places. We were a family of four ,large room and private bathroom. Breakfast was great.

Bellettini hotel

by gkueter

I see conflicting reviews about the Bellettini - does anyone here have first hand experience TIA

Re: Bellettini hotel

by arcetrax

on the website they ask 140euro for a double room, looks a bit expensive for a 2 stars hotel...depending on the time you go to Firenze, you may want to check on www.venere.com or www.booking.com or http://www.octopustravel.com/it/Home.jsp I'm from Firenze but I don't know that hotel; however it's a good place to go around the very center of firenze

Re: Bellettini hotel

by gkueter

Tuscany Travel from Florence

by weatherguy

My wife & I will be staying in Florence for 6 nights in May. I have a couple of questions:

* Frommer's recommends Hotel Bellettini. Any comments? Is this in a good neighborhood for walking at night?
* We plan to use Florence as a base for visiting Pisa, Sienna and several Tuscan towns. Is it best to rent a car, take a train or take a bus to visit the surrounding towns?

Thanks for the help!

by dnwitte

Depends on the town. Pisa is easily reached by train, but Siena's train station is on the edge of town whereas the bus drops you in the center. You might want to inquire at the tourist office to clarify your options. BTW, if you take a local bus to Siena instead of the express it takes a lot longer but you get a very scenic tour of the hills and villages along the way.

by SFHulaGIrl

I stayed in Florence and took the bus to San Gimignano (which required a change in Poggibonsi) and to Siena (which was direct and easy). I took a somewhat long train ride, then short bus ride to Cortona, which was also easy. The only reason I'd prefer to have rented a car is that I could have spent more time and wouldn't be a slave to the transportation schedules. But then again, maybe finding parking wouldn't be that easy.

by zuriga

Just my opinion, but I'd spend four nights in Florence (it's enough time to see the major sights) and then two somewhere in Tuscany. We rented a car in Florence and it wasn't that difficult getting out into the countryside. We stayed in Pienza and took day trips to Siena and the other towns we wanted to see. We dropped off the car, took the train to somewhere else - it wasn't difficult at all.

by jamesfmunro

Train is good for Siena, Pisa, Lucca and also places outside Tuscany, such as Bologna. Siena's train station is outside the town centre, but a short(ish) walk or short(er) bus ride will get you to the centre of things.

by mat68

I rent a car with driver to go around Tuscany (siena, Pisa, Arezzo), I found the best prices in www.goldentravel.it
and they helped me in everything.
J.K.

by mariocibelli

you might consider staying a night in Siena and a night in Lucca. Floville can get to be a bit much after a while - everything is so concentrated here, people think that population is ten times what it really is..

All the destinations are easily reasched by train, you might want to also include Arezzo which is great and there are very few toursits and only 45 minutes from Florence.

by teafortwo

Hi, I stayed at the Hotel Bellettini - although it was quite a while back. The rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet was great. I don't remember the neighbourhood being dodgy or unsafe, although it is down a quiet street. I do remember the owner locking the hotel and having to wake him up to let us in the early hours of the morning....I would go for it!

Comments