4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Via Ghibellina 174-R, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy
Hotels.com Travelocity Venere.com

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Florence

Inside the restaurantInside the restaurant

DuomoDuomo

viale des cipressiviale des cipressi

AntipastiAntipasti

Best pizza in florence,4 generations

by lengleng

Hi there,
I remember someone posted a pizza restaurant that's been in the family for 4 generations and it was good.Where is it?Does anyone know?
thanks,
lengleng

by cgf

three instead of four would be enough?
famiglia Caputo
"la Taverna del Capitano"
www.tavernadelcapitano.it

by cgf

ops you're looking in florence!!!
I said that because it's famous family

by worldinabag

Hi

Is it this one - http://www.ciroandsons.com

by lengleng

Thnak you will try for sure yummm!!

by ForestqueenNYC

I am not familar with the restaurant you are asking about, but here are two that I like.

Bucca Niccolini. Near Duomo.

Pizzeria Spera, Closed Mon. (take-away pizza available).
The following is a review from my restaurant tips for Florence.

The pizza maker at this pizzaria is a young woman and according to what I have read she has even appeared on the Jay Leno show. It is very tiny, seats about 24 and they do not take reservations. It seems out of the way because, as far as I can tell, it is not in a tourist or museum area. But you could actually walk here from the train station in about 15 minutes or better yet take bus 4 from the train station and get off at about the second or third stop, can't remember exactly, but the street is Via della Cernaia. When you get off the bus on Viale della Statuto walk up to via delle Cernaia and turn right and walk to the next block. It is on the right practically on the corner and not particularly noticeable. I think you will find it is well worth your time.

by ForestqueenNYC

Here's a review of Pizzeria Speria from another site.

Also mentioned on this restaurant review page is Pizzeria del Caffè Italiano (Via Isole delle Stinche). I have never been here, but certainly will give it a try the next time I am in Florence.

Travel Tips for Florence

Loggia dei Lanzi

by maritagnes

A crowd of people sitting on the stairs of the "Loggia dei Lanzi" - which got it's name after Cosimo I's lifeguards.
Loggia dei Lanzi is covered with beautiful sculptures - along the inner wall the statues of Roman priestesses.
The statue visible in the photo is of Persevs - (Cellinis statue from 1554) - cutting Medusa's head.

Easter Sunday

by cpiers47

If you ever have the chance, spend Easter Sunday in Florence. It is a marvelous day and was one of our favorites.

We got to the Piazza del Duomo around 9am and were lucky to get a place where we could see. For the next 2 + hours, there was a pageant, complete with a procession, flag throwers and music. As people performed, others set up the fireworks on a huge cart led in by white oxen.

The climatic moment was the Scoppio del Carro where the fireworks were lit. The atmosphere of the morning was amazing. . .Florentines were out in force and we enjoyed every minute of it.

Piazza della SS Annunziata: my favorite spot

by Tijavi

If I were to pick my favorite spot in Florence, this would be it - Piazza della SS Annunziata in the San Marco area. Unlike Piazza della Repubblica which thrives on the tourist trade, this charming square is filled with art students from the Accademia di Belle Arti, the world's oldest art school. During my visit, I've seen students in action sketching some of the wonderful sculptures on the square, such as those goblin-looking figures on the two fountains that flank Giambologna's 17th century bronze statue of Duke Ferdinando I - which is the square's lovely centerpiece.

The square is bordered on the east by the city's orphanage, Spedale degli Innocent, which opened in 1444, and designed by Brunelleschi. The building's distinguishing feature are the beautiful blue-colored cameos/medallions depicting infants (picture 4). On the north is the fabulous renaissance church Santissima Annunziata. From Duke Ferdinando I's statue, the humongous cupola of the Duomo casts a picture-perfect background from the perspective along Via dei Servi.

I had a great time chilling out and chatting with the students as well as taking pictures of several points of interest. Overall, spent more than two hours soaking in the terrific atmosphere and could have easily spent more if it were not for the rain which prompted me to take shelter. Some more photos from this lovely square in this travelogue.

Have some food & drinks

by BorneoGrrl about Local pub

You can find local bars that serve some complimentary snacks (mini sandwiches) with your drinks. The nightlife in Florence start pretty late, around 1100pm, so it's nice to chill in smaller places like this before the big night

Great Value - in a palace!

by SabrinaSummerville about Palazzo Borghese

Our tour guide arranged a lunch in Palazzo Borghese for those of us who were interested.

The Palazzo was once the home of a Princess Paulina and apparently her bedroom is worth a visit all of its own. Unfortunately we didn't have the time, so rushed were we on this trip.

Our meal was served in a grand old room which was both beautiful and somewhat decrepit. It's difficult to explain. There were palatial trappings such as ornate mirrors and elaborate chandeliers. Yes at the same time the floor coverings were very worn and the floors themselves were uneven.

I was delighted to be here, though. Take time to explore - I loved the little indoor garden/yard as I viewed it from the higher floors.

I believe the dining rooms here are used for state dinners and special banquets. Our meal was huge and for just Euro14 for 3 courses it was terrific value for money.

We started with a mix of both pasta and risotto on our plates - a large serving of each on the one plate. The pasto was tomato and pepper sauce, and the risotto was made from courgettes and cheese. The risotto was particularly yummy.

Main course was turkey with a mushroom sauce - not bad, but for the cost then who's complaining (actually, some noisy and ungrateful ones did).

Finally there was a nice serving of mediocre tiramisu.

Comments