Boscolo Granducato Hotel

Hotel 500
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Florence

David by Michelangelo (copy), Firenze, ItalyDavid by Michelangelo (copy), Firenze, Italy

Palazzo Vecchio: Tower and BattlementPalazzo Vecchio: Tower and Battlement

Inside Santa Maria del FioreInside Santa Maria del Fiore

Christmas time at the Serristori PalaceChristmas time at the Serristori Palace

FLORENCE TOUR & shopping

by armie888

Hi, we are coming from Rome and would like to shop in a GUCCI factory outlet.
After that we would like to visit the leaning tower of pisa. Is this too much for a day? can we pull this off and be back to rome in the evening?
Pls let me know, if there is any tour group that I could join or a cheap transportation we could hire to go shopping and visiting the Pisa.
Thanks!!!!!!!! egmonton888@yahoo.com

Re: FLORENCE TOUR & shopping

by leics

I am sure there are tours to Pisa and Florence from Rome, but I doubt they take in Gucci outlets.

You can travel to Florence and/or Pisa from Rome easily by train.

Times, details and fares in English here:

You do not need not book tickets in advance online. Ticket machines are easy to use and have English language options.

It is possible to visit Florence in the morning, then move on to Pisa and return via Florence (you will have to change trains) to Rome in one day, but it will be a rush and you will not see very much.

The Campo dei miracoli and the tower are about 20-25 minutes walk from Pisa Centrale station. You may wish to take a bus or a taxi instead. If you want to climb the Tower you should book online in advance (numer of visitors is strictly limited):

I do not think it will be possible to go to the Gucci outlet and still have time for Pisa in one day. The Gucci outlet is 45 minutes drive from Florence, in Leccio Reggello:

You will need to take a bus from the Sita bus station across the road ifrom Santa Maria Novella railway station in Florence. Bus timetable here;

Click 'Leccio The Mall Orario dedicato'

Travel Tips for Florence

Only ancient art ??

by alfa338

Is nobody intrested in the art of today ?
There is a world famuos international arts biennale in Florence... In Decembre 2007 my wife ( http://www.artbymasha.com/ ) will take part of this event. Check it out : http://www.florencebiennale.org/

We will be back with photos and tips about Florence, and the biennale after our visit there in Decembre 2007. If you need a guide - try to catch Leif Karlsson; a swede who loved the country and the city enough to quit his job in Sweden to move to Florence and become a tourist guide ;-) That's dedication for you ;-)

Basilica of S.Maria del Fiore (Duomo)

by codrutz

Don't forget that a church is a place for silence, where thoughts go for the loved ones, alive and dead. Inside the Duomo you can find peace for soul. Try to ignore the crowds, and become less a tourist and more a visitor of this church as it was your local one.

Running at Cascine

by gial1

Cascine is a nice park close to river Arno. YOu can go there to make jogging, or skating or just to relax in its fields. On tuesdays there is a huge market in the Cascine park... but only on tuesdays

the best nightclubs

by erikita about Central Park

Oh my god it is awesome!!!! its so funny to hear about the first girl well not really girl lol, because she's already 30 come on!! that's why she did'nt have fun, anyways I think it is one of the best clubs IN THE WORLD! besides I'm mexican and because we are latin we always get a special treat!! it is definetly awesome, you can feel the music right just there, there is this act by a violinist which makes it togehter with the dj, the dj with the techno part and the violinist with his part!! it is just great, there is some nights also that an afro-american girl sings with the dj, oh my God I wanna go back already! the music is grat and then there are these free drinks that you can always get by just being nice to the guys that work there, but not slutty like americans by the way, but anyways I just loved it, I totally recommend it to everyone around the world it is just amazing!! plus there is hot italians all over the place!! I think you always have to drees nice to go out I hate those girls that don't even care and just go with the "touristing" clothes I mean come on you are supposed to be in a designer city lol, it would be embarrassing!

Grumpy waiters and unpleasant atmosphere

by smoggie79 about La Bussola

We went to this pizza restaurant on the recommendation of a waiter in another place nearby and were sorely disappointed. Our waiter was thoroughly miserable and didnt smile once during the whole evening. He made no secret of his disapproval at our wanting to order only pizza and beers ("no wine? no water?") and pretty much threw the food at us when it came, without any please, thank you, you're welcome, or even goodbye when we left. Although the pizza was pretty nice, the atmosphere was ruined by his bad attitude, and to add insult to injury, the charge for this "service" was added to our bill automatically. Definitely avoid this place and try one of the other great places to eat in the city like Buca Mario or Tremerli.

Comments