3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

Central Florence Hotel

130Euro/rm/night including breakfast

Unique Quality: The hotel is located in the city center and is an easy walk to everything. The rooms are not too small and had pretty much everything except a view. I noticed that it seems to be a favorite of American booking agents because of the percentage of American tourists who came down to breakfast everyday.

• Murphtique's Profile Photo

Hotel Botticelli

? we had a package price - it was a nice 3 star
    hotel, breakfast included

Unique Quality: Very well located near the center of town, walking
    distance to all the major areas of Florence.
    Originally a 16th century patrician home, it's been
    renovated with beautiful furnishings. We had a nice view out the front towards the marketplace, but most rooms didn't see much. The big 2nd floor porch was a plus,
    and the dining room was spacious and pretty.

More about Botticelli Hotel

A hotel to avoid - a very poor stay.

by TripAdvisor Member theWanderingStar

I stayed in this hotel last year & had a very enjoyable stay and recommended it to many friends. I returned to Florence to the Hotel Botticelli but my what a fall from grace this hotel has had. I stayed for six nights and during my stay we had 3 days without hot water so we had to endure cold showers, not what one looks forward to in an Italian summer.
I had the mistake of making use of the 12hr laundry service for two shirts, I was a little surprised to find that the items had not been cleaned on my return that evening... in fact the staff "forgot" to send the items for cleaning and was told the laundry would be back the next morning. Next morning arrives and guess what? no laundry! Eventually, two days later my two shirts that I was promised would be cleaned in 12hrs arrived back, I was happy at this stage to get them back at all!!
Some of the staff were generally helpful but failed to tell us on the day of our departure that a 24hr general train strike was in operation in the Tuscany region as we booked a Taxi from the Hotel to the train station... For me this was the last straw as the train station staff advised us that all the hotels in Florence were made aware of the industrial action.
Florence is a fantastic city and I will no doubt be back, but I won't be staying in the Hotel Botticelli & would recommend that people avoid staying here.

Very Nice stay in Florence

by TripAdvisor Member labrat2005

A very nice hotel in Florence. Clean, close to the market and a nice walk to the Duomo and close enough to the train station. Our room was on the street and it was somewhat noisy (those pesky scooters), a good suggestion to request a room not on the street. The staff was helpful making reservations for the Ufzzi and the Accademina (a must!) and checking on train schedules. We enjoed lunch one day at the market and dinners at Pepo, just down the street from the hotel.

Not a 3-star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lalawmom

We stayed at this hotel for one night during the Easter weekend. We had stayed at a fantastic 3-star hotel in Milan during the same trip and were very disappointed in the Botticelli Hotel. The only thing going for it is the location. It is near the San Marco piazza. That also was one of the biggest problems.

Our room overlooked a narrow alley type street and motorcycles and scooters used it all night. It was VERY noisy. Additionally, the walls between the rooms were very thin and we heard more than we wanted to hear late into the night.

The staff was helpful but not overly friendly. The complimentary breakfast was so-so. The room was small and the bathroom even smaller. There was dust all around the perimeter of the carpeted room.

I would not return to this hotel and would never recommend it.

Top Spot!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BrisbaneWhitefamily

We stayed here for 3 days. We had a triple room. It was absolutely fantastic. The decor of the foyer was superb. We have travelled a lot
through Italy and this hotel rates hightly for its 1. location. 2. cleanliness. 3. Helpfull Staff. Can't say enough about this lovely little hotel - and the little Wine Cellar next door for bulk wine - WOW!!!

Watch out for the car parking fees!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TracyandJoeRushton

After reading the reviews from April, all I can say is either the contributors haven't travelled much, or the hotel has seriously gone downhill since then.
Although this hotel is well located, that's about the only good thing. The staff are indifferent, somethimes rude. Rooms are ok, nothing special, and breakfast was one of the poorest on our 3 week trip across Europe. Why is it necessary to serve orange squash for breakfast instead of juice?
Our biggest problem was with hotel parking. We parked our Freelander in the hotel carpark, and were quoted 25 euros a night. Hotel staff then moved it into a local multi storey, without asking, during which it got badly scratched. On checking out, the garage owner wanted 35 euros a night, as it was a larger vehicle.
After a heated discussion with the hotel during which they said we'd been quoted the wrong price, we paid the amount we'd been quoted, and the hotel paid the rest.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Great Hotel, however....

by TripAdvisor Member tim520

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It could not have been in a better location! Considering the very affordable price the room was clean, the bathroom large (with plenty of hot water) and the morning breakfast delightful. The only shortcomings were with the front desk staff. The male attendant was very hospitable but the two female staff members who work throughout the afternoon were extremely cold and unfriendly. Standing directly in front of them didn't even get a glance in our direction until we forced it. I do admit that they did their job but it was difficult for me not to make the assumption that maybe they were simply offended that we were a gay couple as they were always seemingly friendly to other guests. Regardless, the stay was enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Central Location

by TripAdvisor Member Victoria71

This hotel is very central and that is perhaps its redeeming feature. Rooms in Italy are small but this one was minute, two single beds end to end and with our luggage it was nearly impossible to move and to top it off the air conditioning didn't work. We were supplied with a fan which did little to help as it was really hot but when we pointed out to the staff the next morning our disappointment we were given a much better room. Breakfasts in this hotel are dreadful and with little effort that could be improved. The staff were friendly and knowledgable.

Nice little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jack_in_NY

We stayed six nights in this cute little hotel and were completely satisfied. The room wasn't large - after all, this is Italy! - but certainly adequate. And the bathroom was actually much bigger than usual. Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout. The three-star rating is well deserved.

As mentioned in other reviews, the location of this hotel couldn't be better for day trips around Florence. The Arno is a 10 minute walk which takes you straight past the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, the Uffizzi, etc. And we found several fairly inexpensive restaurants with better-than-average food within a few blocks in any direction. The Mercato Centrale is also within five minutes by foot.

Our only minus (and a slight one) is the breakfast offerings. Breakfast isn't an important meal in Italy, but our feeling is if you're going to offer it, the quality should be acceptable - especially the coffee! Our suggestion - walk 1/2 block to a fabulous and cheap coffee place and buy your own.

Overall, we give this place a solid A.

Comments