Boutique Hotel Panama

Hotel Panama
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Florence

Lucia and I in front of Palazzo RucellaiLucia and I in front of Palazzo Rucellai

Campanile at a distanceCampanile at a distance

Duomo AchitectureDuomo Achitecture

Vegetable available for everyoneVegetable available for everyone

The Accademia and Michelangelo's David and Uffizi museum reservation question

by 9tigers

I am planning to go there last week of april, when do I need to reserve for the tickets to come to these 2, and we all love museum a lot and when we were in London each major museum took us a whole day (from the openning to the closing).. so do we need 2 whole days just to visit these 2? and if I arrive like in april do I still need to reserve ticket or can I just buy a day before at the museum ticket counter? need advice ty

also is april weather ok? we want it not to be too warm where we can still wear jackets and keep some valuable inside..

Re: The Accademia and Michelangelo's David and Uffizi museum reservation question

by Donna_in_India

Hi - I think 2 hours for the Accademia would be enough but you should allow a day for the Uffizi. I don't believe that tickets for 2010 are avaialble yet. You can check www.tickitaly.com/ or www.uffizi.com/ to book tickets. I would advise booking them before you travel. We were there the first couple of days in May and we had alot of rain (even hail one day!) so I would be prepared with umbrellas and jackets. Have a great time; Florence is fantastic!

by 9tigers

many thanks, that is very important tips, I will plan to be at accademia for 2-3 hrs and Uffizi for a whole day. ty
I am not able to find the actual URL for Accademia museum, I found 2 sites have different pricing for the museum, one said 16.5 Euro and another is 10.5 euro.

the prob with reservation is the date is not flexible and I am just afraid to miss it for some odd reason and loss so much $$

by azz8206

This is my experience. I never booked any tickets online either for the Uffizi or the Accademia, I just went there the day I wanted to visit and got the tickets. I don't understand why people are so worried about booking tickets. Are the tickets cheaper if they are booked online?

by 9tigers

tickets are far more expensive, like 16.5 euro but all the books are telling us to reserve a month ahead or we will have to wait for hrs to get the ticket
I wonder if that only happen during high summer season

if I am planning to be there in april, will it still be that crowded?

by azz8206

Well I went at the end of May which is high season and waited about 30 minutes combined for both museums.

by 9tigers

that is great tips ty so much

by Maryimelda

Just something to bear in mind. The Accademia is closed on Mondays. I can't remember about the Uffizi.

by caterina13

We followed Rick Steves advice and didn't buy tickets ahead of time for the Uffizi. Waited for 3 hours in line (end of April). It was a drag. So I suppose it depends on your luck, or the time of year.

by Donna_in_India

We were there beginning May 2nd and there were huge lines at every church, museum, etc. - some so long at certain places that we came back the next day and the next until we got in (and it was raining almost everyday!). While buying in advance may cost more, only you can decide if it's worth it to do.

by azz8206

I guess that was just my luck then. I would take the advice of these fine people then and book your tickets in advance.

by 9tigers

wow I wonder now the economy is so bad will there still be that many people :)

Travel Tips for Florence

Il Duomo

by GUYON

see the Duomo built in Florentin style (it seems a meringue cake decorated with coloured sugar). As usual, the cathedral, the batistry and the belfry are separate. Try a difficult photograph : the batistry doors. Unsufficient distance to have all scuptures. You step back and somebody takes your place. The photo becomes impossible.

Rub the pigs snout and you can ensure your return!

by MarvintheMartian

According to tradition you can ensure yur return to Florence by rubbing the shiny polished snout of Il Porcellino, the bronze 'Little Pig' in Florence's Mercato Nuovo, and then throwing a coin into the fountain (I didn't believe in the coin throwing myself!).

Update March 2004
It might be true though - it's almost a year later and I've not got plans to go back yet :-)

Amongst the Boboli gardens are...

by PartyRambo

Amongst the Boboli gardens are fountains and sculptures all over the place - while I doubt many of the bronze or stone works are original (out in the public), they give a peace of mind and spirit walking through the relative quiet of these huge grounds.

2 for 1 Thursdays

by MStars about The Line

If you wanna have some drinks w/o forking over a lot of cash, go to The Line, a straight up bar. Thursdays are 2 for 1, other nights could have other specials. It doesn't say "The Line" on the outside, the sign actually says something else, i think. . . . none

Small local/tourist delicious restaurant

by yuibird about Birreria Centrale 1898

When we came in to the restaurant, it was barely getting crowded (around 7:00pm) and once we were seated, all these people came in and if they did not have reservation, they were turned down. Some asked if they could wait, and they waited for a long time. We started with Cheese on the fungi, and that was something I really enjoyed. And they have the authentic florentine dish of Grilled fresh steak for two people!!! Yummy!!! There were many people who were regulars (since the owner and the guest just acknowledged each other), locals, and tourist all combined. The service is great. There is a girl who can speak English well, so she really helped us out with the menu. I definitely recommend it.

Comments