Via Calzaiuoli 6, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 90% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Lacristina's Profile Photo

Location, Location, Location!

The Hotel Calzaiuoli has a great location - halfway between the Duomo and Piazza della Signoria on the "no cars allowed" Via Calzaiuoli. From our corner room, we could look across the street to Via del Corso where a talented mime was putting on a show for a hundred or more charmed tourists every evening.

Very good breakfast. They have prosciutto! Excellent prosciutto!! Every morning!!! A pretty breakfast area, a friendly and service-oriented wait staff, and good coffee help start the day right.

Close to shopping, museums, and just a quarter of a mile from the Ponte Vecchio.

The lobby is small but newly renovated (January of 2004). The rooms are nicely decorated, almost elegant.

My only complaint about this hotel is heard often about Italian bathrooms. The bathroom itself was lovely -- all marble. But why can't they figure out how to keep the water in the tub when you take a shower? What is the point of that partial glass shower door? It does nothing! The floor was a half inch deep in water every morning. Other than that, this is a very nice hotel, indeed. Not a bargain, mind you, but reasonably priced (especially in winter.)

Unique Quality: Did I mention they have prosciutto for breakfast?

Directions: On the main pedestrian shopping street in Florence, Via Calzaiuoli, halfway between the Duomo and the Piazza della Signoria.

More about Calzaiuoli Hotel

what about an icecream?

by randychiara

wanna have the best ice cream in Florence?
go to Festival Del Gelato ice cream shop, it's hugeeeeeeee and it has something like 100 flavors, also it's pretty close to the Cathedral and Piazza della Signoria, it's located in a street by Via Calzaiuoli.

Trendy stuff

by kenadams about Miss Sixty

I don't claim expert status fro the shopping category however, since it is Florence that I'm talking about, I will suggest you check out the displays in the city center: via Roma, via Calzaiuoli and other streets feature some of the world's fanciest stores. Of course, those stores are everywhere now, so there's no need to come to Florence for clothes (not to mention the Disney Store, which is clearly off the subject of italian fashion).

Orsanmichele

by Tijavi

Along the busy pedestrianized Via de' Calzaiuoli is Chiesa e Museo di Orsanmichele, an often overlooked mini-attraction that boasts renaissance works of Ghiberti and Donatello, whose sculpture of St George (a replica) is one of the more known works within this church. The church is dedicated to artisans and their guilds and this is very evident from the niche carvings that adorn the facade of the church.

Nice hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member Houston_travellover

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Calzaiuoli. We had two rooms for our family and both were very nice and clean. We were surprised this hotel is only rated 3 stars. The location is excellent. It was great to be able to walk right out the door of the hotel and have everything at our fingertips. The location was also advantageous to us because it allowed our two teen-aged sons to walk around the sites of Florence alone and have the hotel within easy reach. The staff wasn't as friendly and helpful as those in other Italian cities, but they were polite.

Excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member sussrum

We hated the location of our first hotel in Florence, so we transferred to the Hotel Calzaiuoli for our last two nights. The location was perfect and the staff friendly. The rooms were simple, but clean and neat. We requested rooms in the back of the hotel which were very quiet. Would definitely recommend and stay there again!

Excellent choice, Great location

by TripAdvisor Member louise04

The hotel is cozy and quaint. Our room was very nice, clean and well maintained. The breakfast was a nice variety and beautifully served. The location is amazing. Two blocks to the Duomo, a few blocks to the Uffizi and Pontevecchio. We walked everywhere, didn't need a taxi. Florence was very clean and wonderful, although quite expensive.
Would highly recommend the Calzaiuoli and would stay there next visit. I am a travel agent and will include it in my list for my clients.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Italy5

We just returned from Italy, where we spent three nights in Florence. The hotel is excellent. I would say this is much more of a 4 star hotel, than a 3 star hotel as I've seen indicated. The location is fantastic - doesn't get better than this. Everything is in short walking distance, and the street and area of the hotel is very nice. Do ask to face the back (away from the street). We did this, and our room was extremely quiet. We requested a view of the Duomo, but didn't get that because we were told there are only 4 rooms that have a view of the Duomo. We did look out over rooftops, which was very nice. The hotel has been remodeled and is in great shape. The colors are nice and elegant, and the amenities very good. Very nice and modern bathroom, but is a bit small. We had a shower only. Breakfast is great in a very pretty room. I didn't think the staff was very helpful, but luckily we didn't need much from them. The hotel is an excellent value, and I would definitely stay there again on a return trip to Florence.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kakiebell

This hotel was a surprisingly great value. We had a triple room and the room actually had a separate sleeping room with its own television and air conditioning control. The location was perfect and very convenient to everything. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff was very accomodating and friendly.

Via dei Calzaiuoli (Florence, Italy)Via dei Calzaiuoli (Florence, Italy)

Free Willey Store

by dbwilks

I think that is the name of the the store. They sold enameled jewelry. Very bright colors of pendants and bracelets. I can't find it on the internet. Do I have the name wrong. I know it was in Florence.

Re: Free Willey Store

by Manara

The right name is Frey Wille.
I knew the shop in Vienna, I didn't know they have one in Florence. In the website www.frey-wille.com you will find the adresses of all the shops.

Re: Free Willey Store

by leics

Yes, there is one in Florence.

Via del Calzaiuoli 106/R