Casa Corsi

Casa Corsi
Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

More about Florence

Ponte VecchioPonte Vecchio

Torre d'Arnolfo at nightTorre d'Arnolfo at night

The Palazzo VecchioThe Palazzo Vecchio

Piazza della Signoria (Florence, Italy)Piazza della Signoria (Florence, Italy)

Travel from Florence to Ascoli Piceno

by debtimmons

Hello, my daughter and I will be in Florence soon; we will go from Florence to Ascoli Piceno on 1/25/08. What is the best way to travel this route? Thanks in advance.

by xaver

The train route is Furenze -Bologna then take a train to San Benedetto del tronto and then change to go to Ascoli the trip is about 5 hours or more long depending on the timetables.
You can check http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html
Corra

by gial1

yes I agree. the best way to travel is by train

by debtimmons

Thanks very much to both of you!

Travel Tips for Florence

Dante at Santa Croce

by littlesam1

This statue of Dante stands just outside the main entrance of Santa Croce. Inside the church there are many graves and monuments. This history found inside this church is amazing. One of the graves inside the church is Dante's. I was literally overwhelmed walking amoung the crypts and monuments inside this church. Michaelanglo, Dante, and Galileo are just a few of the people whose crypts are within the walls of this church.

Fiati Sprecati

by ozalp

We dined at Firenze at our second night. It was late and we all were tired a lot because at the very same day we had visited Uffizi, Palazo Pitti and we had walked many streets. While we were thinking about returning to our hotel in Montecatini we heard a song. We changed our direction to the source and we met “Fiati Sprecati”. They are a huge band and they play Klezmer, Gypsy music, Balkan music, etc. They played Bubamara, Ciao Bella and many other songs I like that night. They were extremely entertaining, so it was the most beautiful day of my trip.

I was so busy with dancing so these pictures are not mine. :)
If you stay at Firenze do not return your home without listening them.

Leather

by newsphotogirl about Mercato Nuovo

Ooooh. Look for the boar's head statue. This plaza is packed with stalls of all types of leather goods. I bought a beautiful leather purse and could have easily bought more had my husband not been standing behind me the whole time. When will guys learn that yes you do need more than one purse. And just because you have one leather jacket at home doesn't mean you don't need another. Especially when it's fabulous italian leather. Seriously there are some good deals here. Just pay attention to what your buying. My purse was marked 70 euros and the vendor offered it to me for 55 euros cash. Maybe I could have bargained more but it was definately a deal at 55 euros. I often think back longingly of the Mercato Nuovo. Sigh. Why don't they have these in San Francisco?

Easiest way for city tour

by croisbeauty

Riding the traditional Vespa is definetely the most easiest way for exploring the old core of the town.
I took this picture for one reason only, remembering the jokes we made when travelling by cars from Ljubljana to Valeggio sul Mincio in occasion of European VT meeting in last May. Ursula - VT nick alusru - made jokes and showing us the way that women stands when having a certain needs. It is precisely the same pose.

A great dinner!

by raintown4 about Osteria Santo Spirito

A great dinner on the Piazza. We started with a smoked swordfish carpaccio and a huge plate of fruit (only 9 euros!). Alice had a pasta pomodori, I had the sea bass, Eli had a delicious (though quite rare) steak and Marisa had some sort of chicken salad. All of it was excellent.

Comments