Casa Pucci

Casa Pucci
Hotels.com Venere.com Travelocity

More about Florence

On the Way to Florence 2On the Way to Florence 2

The columned-facade is quite uniqueThe columned-facade is quite unique

funerary monument of Michelangelo Buonarrotifunerary monument of Michelangelo Buonarroti

La Grotta Grande del Giardino di Boboli (Florence)La Grotta Grande del Giardino di Boboli (Florence)

recommended restuarant in Florence

by MimiPawPaw

We will arrive in Florence on Sunday, March 16, 2008, and would like recommendations of good, reasonably priced restuarants or bistros or cafes in the vicinity of the Duomo. We would like to walk to the restuarant and to have a place we could call "home" for the 4 days, 3 nights we are there. We enjoy very much having a familiar place to eat while we are on trips.

We enjoy healthy dishes made with fresh vegetables and local ingredients. The simplier the better. We would like to have a selection of main courses in the 5-10 euro range, if possible.

We really appreciate any suggestions.

Also, we would like to locate a grocer.

Thank you very much.
Mimi

by Roadquill

For a reasonable place to eat with great food we really enjoyed Bocanegra (straight up from Santa Croce) great pizza on one side and a great restaurant on the other - 5-10 minute walk from Duomo). For a big appetite (at 40 euro + or - per person) Il Latini is great. At Il Latini they keep bringout out food communal style until you can not eat any more. Then the owner comes by, looks at the number of dishes you had, bottles of wine consumed and gives a price. Both are on my Florence page (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/88857/24e41/2/) Karl

by MimiPawPaw

Thanks! Your help is much appreciated!

by gial1

I always suggest IL LATINI in Via del Moro. It has excellent tuscany dishes. Latini is expensive (it was not as expensive before the arrival of EURO!!).
A famous grocer is in PANZANO if you rent a car, you must go there. His name is CECCHINI and he has excellent products

by gial1

I forgot!!!! If you want something cheap you can go to I FRATELLINI which is a bistrot very close to Via Calzaioli, where you can taste good sandwiches. Otherwise at MERCATO SAN LORENZO go to VINAINO. they do excellent sandwiches with excellent wine

by fgfi

Hello Mimi
I personally love Il santo bevitore, in Via di Santo Spirito. They have also a web page: www.ilsantobevitore.com.

You will find great food, wine and atmosphere. And very reasonable prices!
Enjoy!

by Gard

Hi

I went to Florence with my wife last summer. I have posted a trip report with pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/florence_italy_travelogue.htm and there I have also written about the places we went to to eat :-) We had some great food while we were in Florence and some excellent wine :-) I hope you can find some useful info there :-)

Regards
Gard

by ForestqueenNYC

Check my Florence page restaurant tips. I have listed a number of restaurants. I didn't list I Latini, but I agree that it is very good, especially if you like steak, and I like the atmosphere.

Travel Tips for Florence

Open a window over history!...

by Sergiuz

Open a window over history! :)) San Gimignano gained the status of free Commune in the 12th century though threatened by Florence. In 1325 it joined the 'Lega Guelfa' (Guelph League) but, also due to the struggles between local families families, in 1354 Florence imposed its rule over the town.

APERITIVI

by gial1

Many bars in Florence have the happy hour, this means that you can go there from 7.00 pm untill the night and you can have a drink. Many bars include in the price of the drink a rich buffet where you can eat whatever you want. It is very cheap and it is very relaxing too

Leather Purses

by Hopkid about Mercato Nuovo

We found some of the best purse stalls in town to be at the Mercato Nuovo. A wide variety of styles, sizes, and colors. Of course the more you purchse from a single dealer, the better deal they will give you. Look for the dealer with the Pratesi purses. He's the only market stall in Florence that is authorized to sell these fine quality purses that sell for much more in the nice stores in town. Check out Pratesi at http://www.chinatownhi.com/leis.asp Leather purses, brief cases, meeting folios Could be a little, could be a lot

We arrived by Train simply...

by Ricardo_J_M

We arrived by Train simply because we purchased a Eurorail pass and traveled to multiple destinations. We arrived late in the evening and took a cab because we did not feel comfortable making our way through the streets with luggage. It ended up costing around 6 Euro's.
Once morning came we headed out the door. We walked everywhere from the Doumo to the Academy of Fine Arts. It is an easy city to navigate so don't feel shy about putting on a pair of comfortable shoes and hitting the pavment.

Thirteen hunchbacks!!!

by pasqualeswife about Tredici Gobbi

To tell the truth, I was a little bit sick when I went into this restaurant and I thought I didn't want to eat much. Well, that changed as soon as I had the first course placed in front of me. Everything was excellent and completely traditional. The decor is charming and I love the colorful ceramic plates. The waitors were extremely friendly and the chef even came out to say hello. The ribollita was excellent, the pasta with duck sauce, but the cheese course included some type of very soft cheese, I don't know what it was, but the waitor said they buy it directly from a local farmer. It was heavenly.

Comments