Value Score No Data
Good For Solo
Nice pension...but avoid during the summer
I decided to stay at Dany House because I had read good reviews about it.
My feelings were a bit more mixed.
I didn't have to complain about the place in itself. It's a small youth hostel, more a pension, located at the first floor of an antique building. It is located a bit outisde the historical center.
It said that you could walk there from the train station...well you can but it's a bit long.
Then to reach the center it takes you a 15/20 mn walk.
I had a very good welcome from Federico, the owner of the place. He's quite a character, and will give you all information you need about Florence. The rooms have nothing special but are clean. I was in a 3 bed room, but I think you also have bigger or smaller rooms.
My complains were :
- No air conditionning. I know it's an hostel, not a palace, but believe me in Florence during july/august without it you just won't be able to sleep ! There was a ventilator in the room, but it was not enough
- There is a lot of noise coming from the street (especially scooters !) and that added with the heat was my nightmare
- There is no real "common room" where you can meet the other travellers, which is normally what I appreciate about hostels. But one more time, it's more a B&B than an hostel.
So I don't doubt it's a nice unexpensive place to stay, but not during the summer...
Popular Hotels in Florence
Viale Michelangelo 1, Florence
Piazza Santa Maria Novella 7, Florence
Piazza Ognissanti 1, Florence
Via dei Tornabuoni 1, Florence
Explore the World
- La Internacional Condos South Padre Island
- La Quinta Inn Gulf Shores
- Istanbul Princess Hotel
- Komaneka Tanggayuda
- Hotel Florence
- Horizon Suite Hotel
- G Hotel Manila by Waterfront
- Vista de Rey
- Caldera View Resort Santorini
- The American Colony Hotel
- Fortuna Hotel
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills
- Hotel Puri
- PV-Holidays Residences MGM Les Fermes de Meribel