Via Luigi Alamanni 15, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• flyfreak's Profile Photo

Clean, nice and friendly

Only a short walk from the train station, still close to the city centre. The staff was friendly, the room clean and spacious (superior room) and the breakfast buffet was OK aswell. Can be recommended!

Unique Quality: Internet hotel with 5 Internet terminals in a kind of lounge area. Also Internet access from the rooms.

Directions: only a few minutes walk from the train station Santa Maria Novelle

• longsanborn's Profile Photo

Standard 3-Star Hotel in Florence

The first time I was in Florence in April/May 2006, my friends and I stayed in Hotel Delle Nazioni. This is a 3-star hotel located on Via L. Alamanni, the left side of the Santa Maria Novella railway station.

The hotel claimed to be close to all of the city's major sights and attractions but this is not really true. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to walk to the Duomo and other attractions. However, the hotel has reasonablely-priced large rooms; we paid only Euro 90 for a double room. This price was not bad because we got a spacious, modern and clean room.

The only thing that irritated us was that the hotel was quite a long walk from the city centre and the good pizzeria and restaurants. When we got tired/exhausted from a whole day of sight-seeing, it was quite an effort to walk back to the hotel. In fact, we practically had to drag and hobble ourselves back. We wished we got a closer hotel !!

Overall, our stay at this hotel was OK, for the price we paid for a hotel in Florence. But for the next visit, I would rather chose to stay closer to the city centre!

Unique Quality: The hotel has a casual modern friendly atmosphere and it claimed to have elegant interiors. On-site facilities include a bar, breakfast room, free Internet point, Wi-Fi Internet connection in the lobby and bar. The hotel also has a private garage for its guests.

The double bedroom and bathroom were clean, modern, and large/spacious. The double bed was also large, with clean sheets. There was also built-in closet, table and chair, and italian satellite TV.

However, the breakfast was standard; it was a cheapy breakfast of dry breadrolls, thin slices of cheeses and hams, dry cornflakes and cereals, diluted milk and orange juice, and instant coffee from machines (which was really awful). There were also packets of brioches, petite toasts and dry biscuits. We didn't enjoy the breakfast; we're better off going to the local cafes for fresh hot cappucinos/cafe latte and brioches/pastries.

Directions: Via L. Alamanni was the main street just next to the left of the central train station.

• xristinaki's Profile Photo

Most modern hotel in Italy

A GREAT HOTEL.
    It's right beside the train station, but not noisy. It's recently renovated, and has a very clean and modern look. The rooms are large, and our balcony was huge!!! it was literally half the hotel room size. Not all rooms have this though. The bathroom was its only fault....there's no tub, and the shower floor is coninuous with the rest of the floor....with only a slight angle directing the water down the drain. I was scared that the whole bathroom floor would flood, and so i would have fast showers, with a low pressure to keep the water level at a minimum. The breakfast included was very good. There was scrambled eggs, toast, pastries, cheese, cereal, ham....very good. There's a small patio outside, where you can enjoy your breakfast and coffee. The lounge area was also great. There's a nice bar, and free access to the computers with internet. Great feature!
    It was a great deal!

• sharatkum's Profile Photo

Fantastic Place

Fantastic location - 2 minutes walk from the Train Station - AND - convenient place. Decent, clean and spacious rooms ( we had hired a three bed room)

The staff is helpful and the wireless - WiFi is great. Is is true internet hotel

Unique Quality: Spacious rooms including toilets.

Great lobby to relax

Supermarket is located opposite - but closed on sundays and after 6 PM ( I think) - you can pick-up beer and wine.

Directions: the hotel map on the net was helpful - else take this direction

come out of the train staton from the right enterence and the hotel can be seen on the other side of the mail road. If yu dont see than you are on the wrong side of the train station

More about Delle Nazioni Hotel

Horrible!!! Don't stay here!!! They have bugs that bite!!!

Do not stay at this hotel!!! I am warning anyone who is considering booking this hotel. Although the hotel looks nice, there are other things people should know about it.
My friend and I booked this hotel for 2 nights and on the first night there, my friend woke me up around 3am because she was getting bit by bugs. I went to go check her bed and there were these little black bugs crawling over her bed. I went to go check my bed also, and they were crawling under my pillow. Apparently, they come out when it is dark. We were moved to another room but spent most of the remaining night awake, paranoid about more bugs and also kept the lights on. When we checked out, we asked for at least a partial refund for the first night but the reservation manager, Renato Campestrina, refused saying that we had booked through a travel agency.
When we got back to the States, the problem became more serious because both my friend and I had caught some form of scabies. I called the travel agency and they said that they would talk to the hotel. I received an email saying that the manager was still refusing because he said it was basically our fault and that we had probably opened the window. One would wonder why I would open a window when the room was freezing cold and it was raining. He said that we had probably been bit by mosquitos but I have a doctor's note and I have pictures of my arm breaking out in hives, and I can tell you that those are not mosquito bites. I am quite ------ off about the lack of concern from this hotel and I would really advise everyone to stay away from here if you want to avoid going to the doctor and pay about an additional $200 in medication.
Do not book this hotel!!!!

Very Pleased

by TripAdvisor Member mam783

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights in late Oct.-early Nov.. We had a great room on the 4th floor. It was newly renovated (which we asked for per- advice on this site). The bed was very comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was a good size. The shower did get the whole bathroom floor wet once it was turned on, but thats was no big deal. We had a great view, and it was very quiet. The breakfast was a good typical european one, and the lobby and bar were very nice. The staff (all english speaking) was very accomodating and always willing to answer any questions. Good location across from the train station and easy access to bus and taxi stops. All the sights are within a 15-20 minute walk. Due to the warm climate there are still mosquitos in the fall season, so be aware of this when keeping the windows open. The in-room safe provided the extra security of leaving valuables in the room. The elevators were slow and creaked...but again...no problems and definetly not worth a complaint

I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone looking to see Florence. There are many other hotels that we passed that looked horrible. If you do not want to stay at the Nazioni, make sure you research your hotel so you are not misled. Enjoy Florence!!!

Quite Nice

My boyfriend and I had just come from a little cave of a hotel in Rome, so we were happy to walk into the tidy, newly-renovated lobby of the Delle Nazioni. Our room was spacious and everything was brand new. The shower is nothing more than a little lip in the floor of the bathroom -- so the whole room gets wet when you shower. But we didn't care. The staff was very patient and helpful -- and my boyfriend will stand there and ask questions as long as you let him. The breakfast was very nice -- rolls, juice and a latte machine that we took full advantage of. There was also a bar -- which was nice. I saw many other three star hotels in Florence that did not look nearly as nice as this one. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

A Pleasant Surprise!

We just got back. Rooms are a little small, but very clean and modern. Other reviews mention that the shower stall is a little strange and the towels are like large restaurant napkins. Both of these things are true, but really, whose trip to Florence is ruined by stuff like that? If you're like us and want something reasonably priced, clean, safe and in a convenient location, then this place is for you. If you want a cookie cutter of a Marriott or Hyatt, stay in the US. I was a little worried by what I had read regarding the "shady" characters that supposedly hang out at the train station next door. What a joke! They should come to New York sometime to see true "shady" characters. During the day, it can be a little noisy facing the train station, but it didn't disturb our daily nap or evening's sleep, but I could see if you were very sensitive to noise, you should request a room away from the station. Front desk was lovely and very accomodating. Breakfast was OK, not great. Overall, it was really a great place to stay

A better than satisfactory experience

by TripAdvisor Member PPB_Tony

We were a four couple group that just got back from our stay in Florence. While the reviews about the shower size and the napkin type towels are true, the room was clean and the bathroom spotless. By the way, the towels are quite absorbent and better than many hotel towels. The hotel staff was helpful and the breakfast just fine. The Manager was also accommodating and helpful. Overall, not a five star hotel, but fine for a place to shower and sleep while enjoying Florence. By the way, we had a terrace with a view of the Duomo. Very nice indeed.

Lower End of Average!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kudzoo101

We were there Nov 12 thru 15, 04. We must have been given one of the unrenavated rooms. It looked like a dormatory. We did not even have a shower. There was a tub w/a spray hose and nozle and luke warm water. I found the night staff rude and very short, to the pont of giving us wrong directions. However the lady that was there in the daytime was helpful. If I had not been on a package deal I would have spent a few more euro and tryed to get something a little better in the same area. If your looking for just a place to sleep the beds were clean and comfortable . They looked like roll away beds bolted to the wall ?????

Florence hotels

by jackdis

Hello, I will be in Florence in May and i'm looking for a hotel or b&b that is in a good location and not too expensive. Also any other good information (restuarants, tours, etc,
Thanks, Jack

by ForestqueenNYC

Hi, Jack,

You live in one of my favorite states. Hope to visit there this summer.

If you copy and paste this address it should take you to the VT Florence, IT, page where you will find all the tips for Florence. I hope it helps you.

Francesca

by xristinaki

we stayed at Hotel Delle Nazioni. It was reasonably priced and right by the train station. right beside the hotel there is a great pizza take out and beside that there is a cafe/bakery which we enjoyed every morning. the hotel offers free internet access. The rooms were clean, large and we had a great balcony with a great view.
have fun

by doretta

Hi Jack, http://digilander.libero.it/gorellik/villaridi rent apartments close to Florence.

by imdm

My friend works at a little bed and breakfast within walking distance of the city centre and it's very reasonably priced. It's called Deny House and it has double rooms, single rooms plus bunk rooms which are very cheap that are normally shared with young people. If you're young this could be quite nice as you will get to meet other travellers. Other than that it's very clean and cute. My friend that works thre is lovely as well and will help you out a lot. I don't know the web site but if you're interested let me know and I can give you her details.

by jimmybodee

hi, i would be interersted in the info about the b&b
my husband and i are lookng for a clean, affordable place to stay in september for a few days.
deanna