Via del Giglio 13, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Florence

Tuscany in its splendorTuscany in its splendor

View of ArnoView of Arno

View From Giotto's CampanileView From Giotto's Campanile

I vote this to be the best farmacia in FlorenceI vote this to be the best farmacia in Florence

Wine tour

by nilin

Dear Friends,
I'll be in venice from 29th to 3oth October & will go to florence on 31st early morning to catch a flight in afternoon .

Is it possible to arrange wine tour on my own?

I've read if we go directly to the vineyards they allow us have a tour at some charge.

I'll be at Florence early morning, so is it possible for me to go from station to vineyards area by SITA bus service and have a tour in morning.

Thanks & regards
Nilin

Re: Wine tour

by christine.j

There are companies that take you on private tours, but you have to pay for it. Too expensive for me, I did a tour with a small group and liked it very much. We had a very knowledgable tour guide, it was a very small group, we all learned a lot and had a very good lunch with a wine tasting.
You can contact them and ask for a tour in the morning.

Or do you plan to do it completely on your own? I don't think I saw any bus stops very close to a vineyard, but there may be some, of course. I'm sure some other VTer can tell you more. However, your time frame is really tight and you have to arrange something in advance, to make sure it'll work.

Travel Tips for Florence

General things for first timers

by Cathy24

We were only in Florence for a day and wanted to make the most of it - here are just a couple of tips:-

Be careful of prices - we paid €16 for 2 ice creams in one place and less than half that later on.

Use the Duomo as a base. It's really easy to go from and has all the shops round it.

Very few public toilets - you have to go into one of the many cafes and buy a bottle of water and then you can use their restroom.

Be aware of pickpockets - keep money in a short handled shoulder bag or money belt as places like the Duomo get very crowded.

Go to the Pitti Palace if you don't want to wait in queues for the Uffizi - it has a very good art collection.

Piazza Signoria

by MooreTravels

This is a wonderful spot to just sit and watch the activities and people, especially in the sunshine. Everyone is out enjoying themselves...including the police...which you can tell are not to be messed with.

Opera di Santa Croce Museum

by Maria81

Where?

In Basilica di Santa Croce, in the frist cloister

What?

Cimabue's Crucifixtion is the star attraction, restored after the Basilica was badly damaged by floods. Admission to the museum is inlcuded in the Basilica ticket itself.

Contemporary art

by fgfi about Galleria La Corte Arte Contemporanea

La Corte is a cosy contemporary art gallery in Santo Spirito district, held by a very nice redhead lady, Rosanna. Many interesting expositions are organised every year, especially of emergent artists. From photos, to painting, environmental installation art, sculptures, prints and lots of other different stuffs (Depending on the artist's specialisation). Very variable

plain old window shopping

by rkearns

This may not be considered a restaurant tip, but we eat with our eyes, so I thought it appropriate to add this glorious photo to the mix...you don't always have to dine out. Buy some salami and cheese and make yourself a satisfying meal in your hotel room. After all, we all know that dining out not only breaks the budget during long trips, but it also gets to be pretty fattening. Indulge on your own terms!

Comments