Via San Antonino 24, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• AnnS's Profile Photo

Good Base With No Frills

I booked this hotel on the basis of its website and the helpfulness of the staff when I e-mailed about a reservation. I booked 2 single rooms for my friend and I, at a rate of 90 euros a night, including breakfast.

The entrance to the hotel is up a flight of steep steps but when we arrived, the receptionist spotted us on the camera and appeared immediately to help us up with our luggage.

It seems the rooms vary because my friend's room on an upper floor was much nicer than mine, on the ground floor. Hers was bigger, lighter and more cheerful but they were both very clean and had adequate facilities for a city break.

As is the case with many hotels in the ancient Italian cities, space is a problem and the Globus breakfast room was so tiny, we had to wait for others to finish before we could have ours.

The reception was also very small and there was no bar.

In restrospect, it would have been better to pick a hotel with at least a bar or somewhere to relax with a drink on a winter's evening.

Unique Quality: The hotel is in a good position and easy walking distance from the railway station.

Directions: Only 500m from the railway station but in a tiny street which is difficult to find. The hotel's website has good directions and a map which you should download before you go.

• jonbhoy's Profile Photo

smallest toilet in the known world.

Close to the train station and the tourist attractions, can get quite noisy at weekends though as only one of the two windows in each room keep`s the noise out,not good for older people as you have to climb two flight`s of stair`s to reach reception and more if your on level two or three,not the widest staircase in the world either,the shower door in my room was hanging off when I got there,and my mother had the the most hilariously small toilet in her room,obviously not regulation size.The staff were mostly friendly,the breakfast was ok,when i paid for the reservation online they took the full amount off me straight away and it said on the receipt it was non refundable,so for that reason I would say don`t stay here it`s not that good.

Unique Quality: Sky tv,hot shower,safe in room,mini bar.

Directions: Near san lorenzo.

• chery08's Profile Photo

Nice and affordable price

Nice little place and price is affordable.. the staffs there are nice and this place is located near the train station which i had difficulties looking for it as i didn't bring any map along..

Unique Quality: Nice breakfast served and the recept is friendly to us.. you can even use the internet for free during a certain time

• small but excellent hotel

this is a great hotel in the city center not far from train station and all the monuments.
    The hotel has beautiful (disign) rooms, from small to large ones, only the breakfast room is small but there s a great buffet, the staff is very friendly and helps with planning your city trip

Unique Quality: rooms : clean and excellent
    (we had an large superior room with a view on the roofs of florence)
    breakfast : very good

More about Globus Hotel

Convenient Location with friendly staff

by CandiceHalee about Hotel Globus

We had a wonderful stay at the Globus. We booked after reading many excellent reviews and were not disappointed. It's within an easy 5 minute walk from the main train station, breakfast and wifi were both included, which was very convenient. The Duomo is only about a 10 minute walk away, if that. It got shorter once we knew how to get there.
The street market is just down the street as are several excellent restaurants of varying prices.
We chose to stay in the economy room as we would only be there 3 nights and wouldn't be in the room much. It was small, but clean, comfortable and suited our needs just fine. A longer stay would warrant a larger room, but it was great for a short stay.
You do have to climb a set of stairs to get to the check in desk, but they are willing to help you with your bags if they know you're there. The elevator is small (1 person with 2 suitcases) and slow, but effective.
The continental breakfast was in a very small room, but was plentiful and very good. Get there early or you may have to wait to sit down.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

little lovely hotel

We spent 4 nights at the Hotel Globus and did not want to leave! We found their attention to detail and overall service to equal that of a five star hotel. Having spent a month travelling Italy we are happy to say that Hotel Globus was by far the the best. We miss Michele, all his staff and can't wait to return.

NICE HOTEL TO STAY

I stayed 2 nites @ the Hotel Globus last summer & loved it. The hotel was a little pricey but after my debacle of apartment rental in Rome, spending some extra money & having a nice hotel to stay was exactly what I needed. The hotel is located only a few blocks away from the train station & very convenient. The staff was extremely helpful & breakfast every morning was a treat. Our room was huge w/ webtv which was great to be able to send emails home & hear from the rest of the world. I would stay there time & time again & would recommend it highly!

Best Value, Staff, and Location!

My friend and I just returned from our trip to Florence and were extremely impressed with Hotel Globus. Recently renovated, it boasts classy simplistic design with personable staff and most importantly, clean rooms! Our room happened to have a nice view of a church nearby!
The breakfast is great also! Best of all, there is free internet at this hotel IN YOUR ROOM! If that doesn't satisfy you, there is also free internet in the breakfast room.

I can't say enough good things about the staff! You're not just another face at this hotel. They go out of their way to make recommendations and make sure they are doing everything to make your stay great!

The location is outstanding! Just a 10-15 minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio...10 minute walk to the Duomo...5 minutes from the train stations (where the hop on/off buss tour of the city starts)...and just around the corner from the best sandwich/pastry/pizza shop that is open 24 hours!

I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Florence. I personally love family-owned hotels and Hotel Globus is by far the best family-owned hotel I have stayed in!

Clean, modern and central but small - good shower and comfortable beds!

Very clean and recently decorated but the room was very small. Our economic twin room was very narrow (only just wider than 2 small single beds)and the bathroom was very cramped with no where to put your toiletries (no shelves or vanity cabinet - just a free standing basin).
The reception area and staff were all very good and quite helpful. The breakfast area was modern and clean and a nice breakfast (ceral, fruit, bread and croissants, juice and hot drinks) was avaialbe from 7:30am.
The location was good if you like to be central and don't mind a bit of noise (recommend ear plugs for a good nights sleep). The Duomo is just 3 mins walk away and the other sites are all within 10 mins walk. For those with a car I recommend you park outside the restricted area.
Parking on Viale Spartaco Lavagnini is free from 8pm till 8am not like the garages that will charge 24 euro a night. I would stay at Hotel Globus again - but next time in a larger room :o)

Far exceeded our expectations!

It came highly recommended by a friend who just returned from his stay there and we were not disappointed. Tho small, the interiors are stylishly designed, along the clean lines of modern-minimalism. The bedroom and bathroom are very clean and well-kept. B'fast spread is good and the staff are very friendly. It exceeded our expectations on every counnt and we highly recommend it to anyone who intends to visit Florence.

Accomodations in the city center

by venusia

Hi!
I'm looking for a cheap but nice and clean accomodation in the center of Florence.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks!!

Sarah

by sue_stone

Hi

Check out:
We stayed at Hotel Dali in Sept 2003 and found it clean and central. Make sure you check out Rex Bar, not to far from there, for drinks and free bar snacks.

by blueshirt

I just left the Hotel Globus in Florence. Very nice, very friendly and the location is good.

by moscit

Hotel Maxim
Via de'Medici 4
t. 055 21 74 74

Very basic but clean and smack dab in the center of town.

Comments