Via del Cavallaccio 36, Florence, Tuscany, 50142, Italy
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Florence Metropole

Good hotel little bit away from main attractions

by TripAdvisor Member Theo_Pappas

We stayed at Hilton Florence for 2 nights.

The hotel is modern and well decorated. We stayed at the executive floor and he room have a very nice view of Florence. The bed is very confortable and the room is spacious with a flat 26'' tv.

The executive lounge have a nice roof with a beautiful view of the city.

The service was good but not exceptional.

I didn't eat at the hotel so I can't evaluate the food. The breakfest is simple compared to the others top Hilton hotels around the world.

The internet access costs 5 Euros per day.

The hotel is far away from the main atractions but the hotel offers a shuttle (10 min) to the central station of Florence. You can also take a bus to the center (1,50 Euro).

The shuttle from hotel to the station runs at 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm and 8pm. The shuttle from central station to hotel runs 30 min later (8:30am, 9:30am, etc, etc).

The hotel didn't charge the parking lot.

I recommend this hotel if you don't mind to take the shuttle to go to the center of florence. If you want to stay in a walk distance location to the main attractions don't stay at this hotel.

Best Regards,
Theo.

Lovely style, lousy engineering

by TripAdvisor Member loveabargain

The design of the room and particulary the bathroom were beautiful but the hotel could not fix the thermostat after 2 nights of a very hot room. They did not have a fan to give us or have a technician on call at night (this in a 15 story hotel). They claimed to have fixed the air conditioning problem after the first night but they did not and we spent another uncomfortable night. We later found out that other members of our group had similar problems. Also, the bathroom had a glass door to the sink and shower area and privacy was not possible when using the shower or tub.
This hotel stay was part of a tour and it is far from the center of town and not a walkable distance.

Would return in a heart beat!!

by TripAdvisor Member Ethigal

I stayed at this Hilton with three other friends in Oct 2006, and Loved it !! We booked this online and were a bit worried that it was located outside the tourist area, but soon learned that that was not a problem. They do provide you with a free shuttle ride; although this is only until 8:30pm we found out that after days full of walking seeing museums or churches, we had no energy to stay out late in Florence, as we had done so in other Italy cities. The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. But most of all the staff was WONDERFUL! We had breakfast included with our room, which I highly suggest. And the breakfast buffet was the best we had in our Italy trip; it was fresh, hot and diverse. All in all a great experience, and highly recommend this hotel !!

Sleek and modern hotel - outside the center but very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member mysterytour67

I stayed at this hotel outside the center of the City. The hotel is large, modern and clean. However, I really didn't like having to leave my key card in the slot to turn on the lights and regulate the air conditioning (which was not cold enough for me but I managed).

The room was done in a minimalist modern style; sleek lines and modern facilities. Loved the shower with the rainfall shower head and pocket doors to slide shut for privacy between the bedroom and the bathroom.

The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. If you wanted to travel into town, they had a free shuttle van to take you to the Stazione Centrale (Central train station area), where you could then walk toward the Duomo, the Ponte Vecchio and other sites of Florence.

I would recommend this hotel only to those who can afford the price.

I truly loved the breakfast buffet, served with fresh fruits and meats and other breakfast items such as waffles and omelettes cooked to order.

Best place

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerFever

The hotel was modern, had all conviences but air conditioning was a problem. Did not go lower than 26 degrees celsius.

I would still recommend this hotel. Location was outside of main city, but shuttle was available. If is was later than 8:30 a cab or bus 1B for 1.2 Euros was available and will drop you off across the street.

We found a great restaurant 2 blocks away which was inexpensive. Cross the street by the Pizza place, walk to the end of the block in the neighborhood and then turn right for onelong block. Fantastic pizza, calzone, etc.

Hopefully the a/c will be fixed, but would stay there in a heart beat.

liked the hilton position isn't good

by TripAdvisor Member tidyteam

Hotel very modern and clean and really liked the vast choice of music available through t.v. The hotel is 15 - 20 minutes outside the centre has hourly courtesy coach - it stops for 2 hours during lunch and last shuttle is at 8.30pm. As most of the good restaurants open at 7.30pm you have to get a taxi back to the hotel which incurs 15 euro taxi fare. You definitely have to plan your day carefully to avoid constant travel back and forth. Went twice to Za Za Trattoria on various recommendations it has large menu choice and a good sign all locals eat there. Get your hotel to book as it is very popular and if you like to eat out ask for this. It is 5 minute walk from train station (where shuttle drops you). Do city tour on open top bus at start of your trip it gives you the feel of the city and your bearings.

Most friendlhy staff

by TripAdvisor Member MrMooray

I used Hilton Honors points to have a mini-sabbatical in Florence without family.

Best thing: From the front desk to the restaurant to the bar to housekeeping, this hotel had the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever come across in a hotel (and I spend 40 nights a year in hotels). Not just fake smiles, but sincere helpfulness.

Bar was fine with nice snacks. Restaurant was good, but limited choices for dinner. The breakfast was delightful with a wide range of fresh choices.

I had a nice corner room overlooking the city. Not overwhelming luxury, but very nice.

The location is a little obscure and there is not much in the neighborhood. Easy access for jogging along the Arno river. The free shuttle into town was very handy.

I will stay at this hotel again when I return to Florence.

Nice hotel in quite location with shuttle service to Florence Train Station

by TripAdvisor Member ms_obvious

We enjoyed our stay at this Hilton which is pretty new and modern. We didn't mind taking the shuttle which is maybe a 10 minute ride. Also they clearly communicate when the shuttle runs. A taxi isn't very expensive. We did take a taxi from the hotel to downtown to the National Car rental location near the train station and it was around $25 Euros. We would stay here again as it was clean and quite.

Unexpected Stop Made Pleasant

by TripAdvisor Member arm90405

I unexpectedly found myself in Florence awaiting my baggage to catch up with me. I stayed at this Hilton, and they had no problem giving me a room as a walk-in.
The room was nicely appointed with a comfortable bed and great shower.
I didn't eat in the restaurant so I don't know how their food was. But we requested a local, good restaurant at the front desk, and were directed to a wonderful restaurant about 5 minutes walk away. The food there was spectacular, as was the service (we had a fun, wise-cracking waiter who kept us in good spirits). Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the restaurant.
They had a convenient shuttle service to the train station, but I didn't take advantage of it.
The only bad thing was the directions provided on the hotel's website from the airport to the hotel. Had we not spotted the hotel's shuttle (which we promptly followed right to the hotel) I think we'd still be driving around Florence!

Lame

by TripAdvisor Member JF4175

Located too far from the wonderful places in Florence, this hotel is actually next to a bowling alley. It's very attractively decorated but poorly staffed and disturbingly poorly maintained for such a new place. We had to ask for towels and soap and experienced a few plumbing problems. Staff was not very friendly or helpful.

Comments