Via Faenza 94r, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Venere.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• monimtz07's Profile Photo

Florence great accomodation!

Archi Rossi Ostello is a great option of accomodation in Florence! It is very close to the train station, you can reach it walking! Rooms are big enough, clean and very confortable! You can have access to internet in lobby and also you have a computer with internet access in your room! They have rooms for one, two, three, four.... and more. The building seems to be old but in good condition and itthe decoration is original. The breakfast is delicious, you can choose from a list of some options, very different breakfast than the one you can find in most of the hostels in Europe. Snacks also available in the lobby. They offer free walking tours!

Unique Quality: Computer with internet access in your room!
    Delicious breakfast!
    Free walking tours!

Directions: You can reach all Florence attractions by walk!

• LoucoSP's Profile Photo

Very Good Hostel

I stayed there for 2 nights in OCT '08
    Security: Good - there is a locker for each guest.
    Rooms: Good - 8 people (mix)
    price: 20 Euro
    Free Internet
    Good Breakfast
    Very good Location

Unique Quality: you can write everything in the walls!! vey unique

Directions: FROM S.M.NOVELLA TRAIN STATION
    Cross the road at the traffic lights and go left,
    take the first turning on your right and walk straight,
    take the second turning on your right and you are in VIA FAENZA,

• Laurel914's Profile Photo

The worst hostel of three weeks in Italy!

This was definitely the worst hostel I stayed in the entire three weeks in Italy. I had reserved three nights there, but only stayed there one night. The only reason I stayed that long is because I was just too tired to find a new place to stay. I walked in to the hostel and was greeted by a very rude guy at the front desk. Then I find out that I don't have to pay for the first night because they've already charged it to my credit card. I had booked online through hostelitaly.com, which specifically says only the deposit will be charged in advance. I was there about half an hour before the time I said I would be so it wasn't even possible that they thought I was a no-show. The downstairs is painted by local art students, but every other floor has walls that can be written on by guests. I had read about that on the website and thought it would be kind of cool, but it really wasn't. Some of the writing and pictures were quite vulgar. The hostel also assigns the bed. I ended up in the top bunk of a really rickety bunk. Another negative was that one of the two bathrooms on that floor was out of order. Ok, I understand that bathrooms go out of commission from time to time. I can deal with that. But when the bathrooms are really dirty and the hostel doesn't even provide soap to wash your hands, then I get grossed out. Come on, even train stations and McDonalds give you soap to wash your hands! The final reason for not liking this hostel is that it has a party atmosphere to it. Most people are out until very late and some of them don't have the sense to be quiet when they come back at 4am! Also, this hostel is listed as being close to the train station, but there are much nicer hostels that have much better locations. See my next hostel tip. This hostel really isn't that close to the Duomo and other sites and can be kind of hard to find your way back to.

Anyway, now let me tell you the positives of this hostel. 1. It has high ratings on booking sites. 2. You give your breakfast order and they make it for you. I had french toast. 3. It's very near the train station.

• vickss's Profile Photo

Great place

I stayed here for one night while in Florence.
    I was putting up on a 6 bed dorm which was pretty much full at the time I went there. The rooms have personal cupboards which are pretty spacious if you wanna keep some stuff inside. But usually, I find dorm guys are pretty honest that way.
    I paid about 23 Euro.. Since I was staying for just one night they had charged my card.. otherwise I think one needs to pay cash. So that was OK with me..(was short of cash and was pretty fine paying by card) The price also included breakfast(pretty sumptuous) and 30 minute free internet use on the house which i felt was great(though the net was often occupied). The hostel also offers two free walking tours around Florence each day starting 10 AM which goes on for three hours. Since I was short of time and had to catch my train to Venice by 12.30 I skipped this one and decided to move on my own.

Unique Quality: 1. Very close to train station(I guess most of the people travelling to Florence would take the train). Theres also a small bus station close by so you can go to and I guess also reach Florence from other places close to the hostel.

2. The hostel itself is full of graffitti and wall paintings which is pretty interestg actually

3. Rooms are cosy and the bath is good enough.. not as crampy as I hv seen in some places in Italy(Venice for instance)

4. The staff is very helpfull and pretty decent in English language so conversation is not a problem.

5. You take the Via Faenza road and walk straight and you reach the main tourist point of Florence in just about 15 minutes.

6. The hostel offers compliementary breakfast with atleast one selection of stuff like egg cooked in different ways.. It was pretty good for a hostel I thought.

7. The hostel also offers abt 30 minutes of free internet usage on the house(though most of the time.. specially in the night it was occupied for a long time)

Directions: Walk outa Florence SM Novella station from gate next to pharmacy,walk straight cross Rd and hit shopping street.Walk to the right till u hit McDonalds,turn left & walk for 150 mtrs to Via Faenza street. Take left & walk for 150 mtr.Contact me for shortcut

• SJTravel's Profile Photo

My Favorite Hostel in Italy

They are a little bit disorganized, but overall this place is great. The price depends on the type of room you are in, from 22 Euros-26 Euros/night. The hostel is so close to the train station, bus station and San Lorenzo Market. It is within easy walking distance to everything else you want to see. The hostel has great art, they had art students paint the walls downstairs, and you can put your own tag/message on the walls upstairs. They have the best breakfast I had in all of Italy (in a hostel). They offer a hot item and then a small buffet of other foods. It was great and delicious and I looked forward to it every morning. I would definitely recommend this hostel to other people, and I already have. In one of the rooms I stayed in (I had to switch rooms because they had a group coming in that booked together and I was just solo so could be anywhere) my bed was by the door, but I barely noticed the noise. It is pretty quiet once they have "quiet time." I really liked this place. The location is absolutely great. It is nice to be so close to the train and bus stations. The farthest I walked was to Piazalle Micaelangelo on the other side of the Arno, which was a bit far, but didn't seem that long a walk.

Unique Quality: The great breakfast is the best amenity. They also offer 30 minutes of internet a day. However, each person's password is really good for an hour a day. And sometimes I didn't have to log in at all. It is really great. Also, they have a nice garden terrace where you can sit and relax...which is nice. People hang out there at night, until quiet time, and relax and chat. They also have a TV Room where you can watch movies and sit...it is the same room as the restaurant (where you have breakfast in the morning). They have a microwave if you want to use it, they also have microwave meals available to purchase. They have a washer and dryer for 3 Euros each and they give you free detergent to wash your clothes. This was a nice hostel with great accomodations and a great location.

Directions: Close to the train station/bus staion and San Lorenzo Market. Within walking distance of everything else.

• Kiriel's Profile Photo

Quirkily decorated and handy hostel

I booked my stay at the Hostel Archi Rosso, over the internet. I didn't have much of an idea what it would be like, or where it was, in relation to the train station or the interesting part of Florence. I was delighted to discover that it is wonderfully located in relation to both.

The hostel does suffer a bit from Florencian street numbering, which is a tad bizarre. (houses are numbered differently from businesses... on the same street! So a street can have 2 number 5's for example... a bit of a challenge!

The hostel itself is a strange convoluted place, with corridors branching off in all directions. With a little wandering you will find a tucked away courtyard garden which is delightful to sit in during the evening.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful to me, and everyone around. I do recommend booking in advance as while I was there some people had to be turned away.

Unique Quality: The walls are painted with copies of masterpieces, which give a fun atmostphere to the place.

Breakfast is reasonable and included with the price; bacon and eggs and toast, or an omelette, a drink and usually a small cake of some sort.

There is free internet access... there is one small price to pay - there is a webcam just above the webcam area which streams onto the internet... so don't get up to any mischief in that spot!

The hostel also sells some cold drinks which are distinctly cheaper than buying drinks from in town.

• RobertaBr's Profile Photo

One of the best hostels in Italy

Archi Rossi is one of the best hostels I stayed in Europe. It's very near to the train station, which is great for those who have a big and heavy luggage. Florence is a small city, so, in few minutes walk, you can reach the main tourist atractions.
    The rooms are large, clean, with heating, bathroom, and large (free) lockers. The breakfast is great. It has free internet, nice computers with fast connection.
    The hostel have paintings on the walls and a lot of sculptures (yes, you are in Florence;) You can buy food and drinks there. The only bad thing was the staff.

• Hostel Archi Rossi - Clean, Better than average

I stayed at the Hostel Archi Rossi for two nights this July. Very clean. I stayed in a room with 6 people and a private bathroom. Laundry facilities. Very clean. Friendly staff. Good location.

Contrary to above reviewer, this hostel DOES take reservations.

Unique Quality: High speed Internet access is free. Breakfast better than average - hot breakfast, cooked to order (such as eggs, omelette, etc.). Nice common rooms and outdoor seating. Good mattresses, clean sheets. Hostel cost a little more than the average hostel cost, but free Internet, cooked to order hot breakfast, and cleanliness makes it acceptable. I'd stay here again when coming back to Florence if deciding to stay in a hostel.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Artsy Hostel Near Train Station

Since I lived in Florence, I didn't have the occasion of staying in hotels or hostels often, but I did stay in this one once and I found it to be a really fun place. Guests are allowed to draw or paint on the walls, so it looks really neat. It attracts both students and adults alike who are budget minded. Even though it is said that you should avoid staying near the train station because the neighborhoods are seedy, this is a perfectly safe neighborhood and close to everything.

Unique Quality: The artwork on the walls done by guests.

Directions: Near the train station and the mercato.

• paoseo's Profile Photo

Hostel

In Florence we stayed in a nice hostel the is 3 minutes from the Santa Maria Novella railway station and quite in the centre.
    It's nice 'cause you can feel Florence's artistic atmosphere since walls of the reception have been painted with original frescoes by local art students.
    The environment is warm and welcoming, and it is ideal for young people, families or small groups that wish to take short breaks in the heart of historic Florence.

Unique Quality: It has a nice garden next the canteen where it's nice having breakfast studying the toute of the day.
    There is a terrace also in the first floor where you can spend nice evenings chatting with other travellers.

Directions: ostelloarchirossi@hotmail.com

• The best hostel in Europe

The hostel is highly regarded and recommended by all back-packers I met during my 4-week European trip. And I will be one more recommender.

It has everything you want for the hostel to have. It is clean and bright. I paid a little bit extra and had a room with shower in it. My room also had a big locker.

For breakfast you can chose meal out of the menu. Living room or dining room is huge with a big TV and video. People just hang out there in the evening.

High speed Internet is for free.
    Location is perfect.
    A lot of vending machines. What else can I add?

I did not want to go to see Florence at first - that is how much I loved this hostel.

Unique Quality: Unfortunately, the hostel does not take reservations. It functions on first come, first served basis. Arrive as early as possible in high seasons.

Directions: near the station and historical center

• yelyah99's Profile Photo

The best hostel in Florence

Not the cheapest hostel in Florence, but good value for what you get. Central location, excellent breakfast, shower, sheets, friendly staff, lots of vending machines and snacks available.
    The hostel is very cool, with graffiti walls, a big dining area and a lovely courtyard with outdoor seating.
    This hostel does not take reservations and it's always packed full! We managed to get a 23.50 euro bed (4-bed room) by arriving before 8am and then a 20 euro bed (9-bed room) became available for the nights after that.

Unique Quality: Cooked breakfast - at a hostel! Choose from omelettes, scrambled eggs, muesli, etc, as well as a hot drink.

Directions: Near the train station. There's a big neon sign outside.

• Nexus7's Profile Photo

Best hostel in Florence

A very nice hostel with beautiful verandas and very nice rooms. I was very impressed. It was at a decent price as well.

Unique Quality: Tile floorings, armoir for clothing, close location to Florence train station

Directions: It's not far from the train station, we made a reservation the day we came in and just walked to it in five minutes.

• AR76's Profile Photo

Ostello Archi Rossi

Bedlinen provided / credit card payment accepted / free internet access (but pc is very slow) / no curfew / approx EUR13 per nite

Unique Quality: This internationally oriented hostel is within walking distance from the main railway station and also close to the city centre.
    The friendly staff speaks English well (not always self-evident!). The dorm rooms range from small (4 beds) to large (14 beds). There are lockers in the dorms, one for every guest.

Directions: A short walk from Santa Maria Novella railway station

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo

Ostello Archi Rossi.

Accommodation is expensive in Florence, so expect to pay a little more than you might for hostels in other places.

Unique Quality: The room I was in had a nice new bathroom. It's centrally located and there's a pleasant outdoor seating area.

Directions: Not far from the railway station (handy when you have a heavy backpack), on Via Faenza. Take the Piazza Adua exit from the station (east side).

More about Hostel Archi Rossi

Academy or Archi Rossi hostel?

by 9tigers

I have found these 2 to be pretty central located in florence and the pricing wise first is about 150 us dollor a night for 3 of us if we stay in a 3 person mixer room and about 97 if we stay at Archi Rossi, but it seems to me most of the hostels in Italy does not have kitchen, maybe some microwave that is about it, but they all provide breakfast it seems and some have promotion of free pasta or pizza every night except sat.
is that so? which one should I pick or is there are even better acommodations that have self service kitchen?

many thanks