Hotel Alessandra

Borgo SS. Apostoli, 17, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Hotel Alessandra
Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

• Love the Alessandra Hotel

In the past two years I have staid at the Alessandra twice, once in a single (july 2003), once in a (October 2004). Paid E108 and E150, this is excellent value for money.
    Location is great (100mt from Uffizi Gallery yet close to the Old bridge).
    You pay a little bit extra for being in the real city center (and not around the train station -terrible area by night especially for a solo girl) but that's worth. The Single room was clean with bath tub but the double was huge size with a great shower.
    The building is very old (somewhere around XIC...) The staff is friendly and helpfull wiuth good suggestion where to dine and to shop.

Unique Quality: The Hotel is quiet (being a side street of Old Bridge), has atmosphere,has a nice service and is (for the city center of Florence) worth the money. Buffett breakfast is good despite in Italy breakfast is often a bit of problem. I highly recommende. I saw a Junior Suite with a great view of the river

Directions: Old Bridge and Uffizi - Very central area

• guell's Profile Photo

Friendly hosts and centrally located

Hotel Alessandra is located on the 2nd floor (3rd floor U.S.) of a palace built in 1502 by a pupil of Michelangelo. Our room had a full bath and a typical Italian buffet breakfast was included with the price of the room.

I wouldn't say that this hotel was extraordinary, but it was clean, the hosts were friendly, the location was excellent and the price was reasonable (about $70/person double occupancy in 2001). I would recommend it to a friend.

More about Hotel Alessandra

Lovely Place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member MDAdams858

Last week while on vacation to Europe, we stayed at a beautiful hotel in Florence. It was the Hotel Alessandra. Upon arrival and not used to some of the hotels in Italy, we had a bit of a climb to the elevator up stairs that while easy to manage, weren't expected. While heading up with the luggage and then entering into a small elevator, again, American and unused to these things, we were greeted by very friendly staff and escorted to our room. Which was huge, by the way. Very clean and with an almost palacial feel to it. The view from our room was delightful. It is located very near the Ponte Vecchio and close to several excellent restaurants....I know, for those of you who have spent time in Italy, there are a lot of excellent restaurants. The staff made us feel welcome and were always ready to assist us with anything we needed. The one was one of our better hotels in Europe. We're going back.

Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member Hillgoddess

Hotel Alessandra is a small family run hotel that is perfectly located in Florence. It is roughly a block away from the Ponte Vecchio and and my room was quite comfortable with working air conditioning. When I was there, the internet connection was down each time I requested to use it and the air conditioning in the breakfast room was broken. Since we were in the middle of a huge heat wave, everyone was sweating through breakfast. BUT I did not go to Florence to sit in the hotel, so the price and location made it just great for me. I would definitely consider going back, but you should realize that the elevator is not on the ground floor. You will need to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs first and that may matter to you if you are not traveling light.

Alessandra a good deal for the location

by TripAdvisor Member errant

Our room was big, comfortable and clean. The three of us rattled around in it. The bathroom was a little utilitarian, and they were stingy with the soap (I had to go out and buy my own soap and shampoo), but for its price point, just fine. And you can't beat the location -- just minutes from the Duomo, the museums and the Ponte Vecchio. The mother and son who run it are incredibly courteous, warm and kind. The breakfast wasn't anything special -- we usually skipped it and grabbed a bite elsewhere.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member sas300m

My two daughters and I have just returned from our trip to Florence, Rome and England. Of all the hotels we stayed this one was by far the best. The stairs were a little difficult with our heavy bags, but at each landing we took a rest and continued on. The staff was very, very warm and welcoming. Our room was huge (we had a triple) and exceptionally clean as was the good size bathroom, which was sparkling clean and modernized. Our view overlooked the street and we could see the Duomo from our window. The area was quiet and we felt very safe walking back at night. The hotel is very centrally located to all the attractions and shops. Breakfast was more than enough with several choices of croissants, rolls, ham, cheese, cereals, juices, tea. Even with the stairs, I would definitely stay at the Alessandra again!

Good Hotel, Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member Dory

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Italy (Rome, Florence and Siena). We found the Alessandra to be a fine choice for the money - we paid 108 Euro for a double/no bath, though the room did have a sink which was very handy. The room was a good size and pretty clean, although the wood floors were a bit dusty. The bathroom down the hall was small but clean and we never had to wait to use it. We did learn one thing about ourselves though - - we are too old (early 50's) to be trotting down the hall in the middle of the night. All our other hotels had a full bath and we would upgrade next time. There is a small elevator but you better figure on taking the stairs at least some of the time. Staff was very helpful with reservations to museums etc. The best part was the location - an easy walk to everything. It was so nice to be able to stop back by the hotel during the day if you forgot something or wanted to change.

Suite Place to Stay

Everything about the Alessandra is a real pleasure. We decided to splurge and stay in the Baccio Suite for a week. Very large living room, bedroom, small "study" and a terrace looking out over the Arno. There is a Murphy bed in the living room so 2 couples can easily share. 1 block from the Ponte Vecchio, 2 from the Uffizi and still very quiet most of the time (except for the belltower!) The hosts, Anna and the 2 Andrea's, are fluent in English, friendly, and took care of everything we needed. Highly recommended. If you don't want a suite, ask for one of the rooms facing the Arno. #26 is especially lovely.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Colokev

Alessandra is a great place to stay!! Everyone was so nice and helpful. The room was huge and clean. Our room actually had a lot of mosquitos due to the tree outside of our balcony..told the front desk and we were given a plug to keep the bugs away which helped! The breakfast was great also. The stairs are long but it's not that bad. The elevator works as well.
Have a great stay in Florence..you'll love Alessandra!

Great location, beautiful rooms

I hear the rooms vary tremendously, but ours was fabulous: High ceilings, lots of space, and it overlooked the rooftop garden across the street. We were there in the middle of a heat wave, and the air conditioner didn't always work. Also, the Internet was down. And bring your own soap. The biggest challenge was the stairs ... 40 of them before you reach an elevator, which fits only two skinny people or one person with small luggage. But this really is a beautiful, old hotel with the perfect location. Service was very friendly, too. TIP: Buy water from the front desk! It's half the price of any bottled water you'll find in nearby shops.

Comments