Piazza Mentana, 7, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy

CheapTickets.com Hotelsclick.com Travelocity

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Great location, excellent view

I stayed for 3 days in this hotel in March of 2005. My room (#449) had 2 windows with great view to Arno river and Ponte Veccio. Also, on the 4th floor I discovered a balcony accessible from a hall, also with a beautiful view. I loved to have my lunch there - there are 2 chairs.
    The location is great - very close to the Uffizzi Gallery.
    The room was spacious, clean and quiet if you keep windows closed. The breakfast (included) was delicious. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: Location and views - these are great!

Directions: Next to Uffizzi Gallery, on the bank of Arno River.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Great Location... nice big rooms

Again, this was on a school trip back in 1976... so I can't tell you any prices, or how it compares price wise.
    The location was terrific for walking out to see the sights.
    I was in a room with 3 of my classmates and we were quite comfortable.
    Can't say that I remember much more than that.

Unique Quality: Great view of the Arno... and of the Ponte Vecchio.

Directions: Along the river side. About a block from the Ponte Vecchio.

More about Hotel Balestri

Excellent Hotel Balestri in Florence

by TripAdvisor Member Lucage66

We stayed at this hotel at the end of February and it was the right choice. You are a just a very short walk from the main sites in Florence. The hotel is spottlessy clean and our room, facing the river was spacious. We also had booked a single room for a friend of ours and also this room was quite big considering it was a single.

Breakfast is fine and the staff are friendly and helpful. As quite a few Italian hotels they are equipped with old style shower (at least our room was), with a curtain and the floor used as shower floor, but this is a minor detail because the room , the bathroom and the shower curtain were spotlessly clean.

When we go back to Florence the Hotel Balestri will be definetly our choice again

Hotel Balestri--Best Hotel in Florence!

For my first visit ever to Italy, December 2005, I stayed 7 nights in Florence @ the Hotel Balestri. If I ever return, I will choose to stay there again. The view from my room was excellent as I had a view of the Arno. My room was very warm and very well kept. The breakfast was excellent every morning. The hotel staff could not have been any better--There was access to the internet right there @ the hotel as well as having a morning paper to read daily. There was easy access to all points of interest within walking distance and easy access to the city bus as there is a bus stop just right around the corner.

Great Hotel, good location

by TripAdvisor Member cliffwy

We really enjoyed our stay in Florence, especially at the Hotel Balestri. It is in a good location close enough to everything. We had a view of the Arno and really liked it. If you stay here, try the Trattoria da Benvenuto on Via De' Neri (1 block away) for some good Tuscan cuisine. Although the service may put you off, the food is good. Hotel was clean, breakfast was nice. Only complain, small showers. Very small showers. No room to move around. All else, very nice place to stay and friendly staff.

This place is great!

by TripAdvisor Member mem2699

This was the first of two hotels we stayed in in Florence, and the Hotel Balestri was by far the better of the two. We upgraded to a room with a balcony that overlooked the river. View was georgeous!! Location is perfect- you are only 2-3 blocks from the Ponte Vecchio and are in a great location to explore Sante Croce and the neighborhoods across the river. Breakfast was fine- nothing fancy but good. We would stay here again without hesitation.

Spacious comfortable and clean room

by TripAdvisor Member archive

We were given, on request, a room overlooking the river. Room very spacious, clean and comfortable. We particulary liked the large comfortable sofa in the room - it made a lovely change from either perching on the bed or sitting on an upright chair to read or watch the TV - very relaxing. Good bathroom with everything provided (including hairdryer).

Staff very efficient. Breakfast buffet had a good choice.

The position of this hotel is ideal - just a couple of minutes' walk from the Uffizzi - ideal for nipping along early and missing the queues!

It was a fine hotel.

We stayed 2 nights here in December. The rooms were good size for Europe and clean (though there was a funny smell in the bathroom that we were able to take care of by pouring fresh water down the drain in the middle of the floor). It's a bit of a walk from the train station-I recommend a taxi, but its location is perfect for seeing all of the sights. One side of the hotel is located on a busy street hence some road noise-maybe request a room not on the river side. The staff was ok-not real friendly and maybe a bit disdainful, but all in all I would recommend this hotel.

great location, wonderful service

This hotel is a couple of blocks from the Uffizi, the Ponte Vecchio, and Santa Croce. At the same time, being on the river and on on a small plaza, it does not have the closed-in feel of most of the rest of downtown Florence.
I liked the spacious lobby and common area, and the helpful and friendly staff. Everything about this hotel met or exceeded our expectations.

Nice clean rooms overlooking the Arno River

Close to all of the attractions. has a funny odor when you walk in the lobby, however it is not in the rooms. Bathrooms are large and clean, beds comfortable. Make sure to see the Duomo. take the bus to the Michealangelo plaza, a gorgeous view of Firenze. Staff are helpful, breakfast ample enough to keep us full for a long day of sightseeing. Great price.

Comments