Villa delle Oche, 5, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy

Expedia.com Hotels.com Venere.com

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Hotel Benivieni

Unique Quality: I've stayed at this hotel twice already during two different trips to Florence. It's a family-run hotel....very cozy, clean and the staff is very friendly. The best part about this hotel is its location. Right in the heart of Florence. It's just steps away from the Duomo and a few minutes walk to the other main attractions in Florence. (Uffizi Museum, Ponte Vecchio, etc...)

Breakfast is included in the nightly rate.

More about Hotel Benivieni

Hotel Benivieni is va bene!

by TripAdvisor Member kiwik

Hotel Benivieni is a wonderful accomodation in Florence, close to the duomo, and to a lively main piazza (but not too close), plus within easy walking distance of the Ufizzi, the Arno bridge, the walkway to the copy of David located on a rise which overlooks the town of Florence and provides an excellent view, plus within walking distance to the Academy which houses the original David. I had actually already booked another accomodation in Florence through a travel agent and had paid in full, but heard that particular pension did not suit a traveler friend of mine's needs. Based on their personal review, I cancelled my reservation (at a financial cost) and booked instead at Hotel Benivieni, which was recommended to me by a friend at work who had stayed there in the summer of 06 with her daughter.
I stayed at Hotel Benivieni with my college daughter for three nights just recently and we both loved our entire experience. The interior is very elegant in a simple and lovely style. Also, the breakfast was an anomoly in Italy, and a great satisfaction to us as Americans. Normally, Italian breakfasts seem to consist of coffee and pastry. Not at Hotel Benivieni. I am a small person and don't require much in the way of calories, however, at Hotel Benivieni, I helped myself to a bowl of rice crispies, a yogurt, a small chocolate croissant, two diminutive sandwiches of an egg salad type with tomatoe and lettuce that were so very delicious, plus tea and oranje juice and a piece of fruit each morning. All this was available from 7 am until 10 am and it suited my schedule very well. Also, it proved very wise to have a nice breakfast due to all the walking my daughter and I chose to do in order to explore Florence.
The other very welcome trait about Hotel Benivieni was the staff. They were extremely helpful and more than happy to speak English, a big change from some of the other hotel experiences I had while traveling through various areas of Italy.
This hotel is extremely modern but with an old world style and very aesthetically pleasing. Nice wood floors, pretty decor, wonderful bath with excellent plumbing, TV in room, plus a menu available 24 hours, and the most delightful staff who were always available to help with directions or suggestions and an excellent little restaurant immediately next door. Additionally, there is a nice loaner library in the reception area with guidebooks for Florence and surrounding areas as well as novels to read (in English).
I noticed the internet was available at a small station off the lobby if you needed to access it within the hotel. I am not sure if they have wireless service as I didn't have a laptop or need of wireless. Check with the hotel if you need that type of service.
I would stay at Hotel Benivieni again if I ever have the chance to return to Florence. It was the best accomodation I had while in Italy for a two week visit. The price was very reasonable at 180 euros per night for two people and full breakfast included.
Just for reference, I went to look at the other accomodation I had originally booked to compare and there was no comparison. I was so grateful I had booked with Hotel Benivieni and not the other place! You will be very satisfied too, I am sure. Enjoy your stay!

Great Find! Loved this hotel! Don't Pass this One Up!

by TripAdvisor Member colsmo

Hotel Benivieni in Florence went above and beyond my expectations!
The LOCATION was ideal! It is literally right around the corner from DUOMO, which is where you absolutely want to be. I booked this hotel because I took my parents to Florence and my father has bad feet, so I needed to have a great location, very close to all attractions. Well, you couldn't get any better than Hotel Benivieni! It's RIGHT NEXT TO, easy walking distance, to all the attractions, yet on a quiet, cobblestone sidestreet.

There are great restaurants next door and down the street. There's also a great convenience store down the block with a great selection of Italian cookies and reasonably priced iced teas and sodas for you to bring to your room after a day of sight-seeing, which was nice. However, there are no refrigerators in the room, so don't "stock up".

We were welcomed as family there at reception- very great, warm service at this hotel. It was also VERY CLEAN and tastefully decorated with Old World charm. You can tell that this hotel was recently renovated. The bathrooms were spotless as well.

The breakfast was nice - similar to a Continental breakfast (cereal, rolls, pastries, yogurts, mini-sandwiches, coffee, tea), but no bacon/scrambled eggs/sausage or American-type breakfast. However, this was fine with me personally, It "hit the spot" and the quiet, cozy dining room was a perfect way to start the day.

What stands out with Hotel Benivieni was that its GREAT LOCATION, WARM HOSPITALITY, and CLEAN, COMFORTABLE ROOMS.

Really, what more can you ask for?

Advice: If you could get tickets online for Uffizzi Gallery before the trip it would save you hours in line!

Any other questions, my email is jerseybrit06@yahoo.co.uk

ARRIVEDERCI!

Even better than advertised

by TripAdvisor Member lawyerbob

This little gem of a hotel has gotten some great reviews on this site. We stayed there for three days and it was even better than advertised. First, a great location, just a block south of the Duomo on a quiet street away from the crowds. Second, a great staff. Sonia and her family helped with everything, including getting a doctor to examine our sick son in his room within a half hour of our arrival. Try getting that kind of service in the USA! They also made great recommendations on restaurants and shopping. Third, the hotel itself is simply charming. Nicely appointed rooms, good showers, and breakfast in a quaint room off the lobby. This hotel was one of the highlights of our trip to Florence.

Charming hotel, great and quiet location!

by TripAdvisor Member sharon2004

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights last week. We stayed in numerous hotels throughout Italy, but this one was very pleasant AND the best value at $180 for a double, including breakfast. It is owned/run by a family and they are very conscientious and helpful. The decor was tasteful and the room exceptionally clean. Although we looked out to the street, we didn't have a problem with noise from the street. Breakfast was great.

Great hotel and found a great store for the ladies nearby

by TripAdvisor Member Montrealer1

My wife and I stayed at this charming hotel in Mid July of this year and we had a great time. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful. Breakfast was small but very good and the person was very helpful.

The hotel is very close to all tourist attractions and everyone is helpful if you have questions. Cost was reasonable and we would definitely stay there again. The rooms are airconditioned which really was comfortable during the hot Florence summer.

There is an excellent restaurant not far away "il Latini" in which the food is great and the ambiance fantastic. The price was very reasonable. Reservatons are a must.

Now for the surprise for the ladies. Not far from the hotel, around the corner is a store which sells leather goods, purses and handbags. The store is called "Dantesca" and is run by a bubbly young lady, Yael, from England and her husband, Marco. They are very accomodating. The store is right across from the Casa de Dante and is the only store on the street. The street is a narrow laneway so you will have to search for it. But ask at the hotel and they can point you in the right direction.

The store is a little chaotic as they also manufacture leather goods. My wife found a big selection of models and colours. The purses are all leather and the prices much lower than the m ajor stores. It is a small store, has a large selection and lots of charm.

Top notch! We loved it

by TripAdvisor Member radiomother

What a wonderful hotel!! Ines, the owner, and her daughter go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. The room and bathroom have an old world charm but are immaculately clean. The bathroom was the nicest that I had seen in our travels through Italy. It is modern. Breakfast is very good. Best of all, you are right down the street from the Duomo and are close to all historic sites. I would definitely return to this hotel and I highly recommend it.

Charming, and Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member NJNancy1

Lovely, immaculate little hotel in a great location. Also, this was on a small lovely street, that was quiet - no Vespa traffic! A light breakfast is served every morning. We were half a block away from a little store where we could buy wine and cheese for our afternoon siesta in our room! The hotel made dinner recommendations, gladly gave directions, but it helped that one of our party spoke a little Italian! I would stay here again gladly.

Terrific hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member riverparkgal

Lovely, quiet hotel on a charming side street 1 block from the Duomo. Clean, spacious rooms, excellent plumbing and A/C. Modern facility with old world ambience. Gracious and helpful staff - especially Sonja. Walking distance (5-15 minutes) to most of the major sights in Florence, lots of shopping and a small grocery store just around the corner. Nice breakfast each day, free internet for guests, and helpful recommendations for restaurants and tours. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Florence!!

One of our Favorites in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member Parismoon

This is a gem of a hotel about a block from the Duomo and central to everything. The rooms are large by european standards, and being on a quiet street means a good night's sleep - important when you are walking all day.

The staff is excellent. We were there for the second time in 3 years, and when we arrived it felt like we were coming home! Count on Sonja to have good restaurant recommendations.

Nearby are stores for wine, cheese and so on, so if you just want to make up your own lunch and find a favorite spot in Florence to sit, it is easy to do.

One thing to keep in mind - if you are driving into Florence, this hotel is in a pedestrian area, which you have to drive into to get to the Hotel. So get specific instructions from the Hotel before you arrive as to how to get to them. The extra effort will be well worth it, however.

Comments