Via Cavour, 13, Florence, Tuscany, 50129, Italy

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Best little ** in Italy

I almost hate to include a tip about Hotel Casci and the Lombardis because it's getting all too hard to find availability here today! But this has to be my favorite little bargain in Florence.

The Lombardis are wonderful hosts and the rooms are clean, comfortable, well appointed and reasonably priced. The location can't be beat. Two blocks from the Duomo, two blocks from the Accademia and easy walking distance to nearly anything in Florence, this home away from home will not fail to please even the pickiest of travelers.

On our first visit to Florence, we only had reservations for 2 days and decided to stay 4. Every day, Senora Lombardi would move our bags to a new room. On the last night we had two single rooms (for the same price as one double). The bathroom was so tiny that the commode folded up into the wall!

There are also quadruple rooms.

Unique Quality: Hotel Casci has a comfortable breakfast room with a very nice buffet breakfast included in the price of your stay. An elaborate espresso machine is Senore Lombardi's pride and joy.

There is also a computer in the lobby for guest use. Very useful for keeping touch with loved ones at home.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Two stars hotel

Small and very centrally located hotel.
    single room from 60-100 euros
    double room from 85-135
    suite from 135-220

Unique Quality: The hotel is housed in a 15th c. palace, which was the property and residence of Gioacchino Rossini, the great Italian composer. Although two stars hotel only, it is not cheap, but offers much more then the most of the three or four stars hotels.

• Hotel Casci

The price for a triple room in September, 2000 was Lit. 290,000 per night (around US$ 139), including breakfast and taxes.

Unique Quality: This is a small two-star hotel which we reserved with some trepidation when our preferred options (all more expensive) were all booked up. We were very pleasantly surprised. Our room was spacious, quiet and very clean, and had very effective air conditioning as well as double glazed windows which shut out all the street noise. All the linens and towels were very crisp and new and changed daily. The shower in our room was a bit of a challenge, with an umbrella-spokes type of curtain which tended to cling to you as you tried to shower without soaking the entire (small) bathroom--a next to impossible feat. Breakfast is in a nice room with frescoes, next to the reception desk; it is nothing special except for the coffee which is very good. The owners are very pleasant and helpful. The best thing about this hotel is its excellent very central location. For the price, it represents very good value and I would happily return.

More about Hotel Casci

great place - hotel Casci

by TripAdvisor Member sgcn

We just spent 3 great days at the Hotel Casci. LOVED IT! Great location, reasonable price, yummy breakfast, comfortable bed, and extremely helpful staff. They made our museum reservations for us, recommended restaurants, and were very friendly. I highly recommend this place. (ask for the fluffy towels!)

Top Location in Florence

by Radiomom

(pronounced 'Cah-shee')
280,000 lira for a double.
Public parking is nearby at 20,000/night
Valet parking (after our harrowing drive in we jumped at this as if we were native Los Angelenos) 40,000/night
Laundry service, 17,000 lira and up (The desk gives you a bag which you leave at the desk by 9:30am. It is on your bed, warm and folded by 6PM. Pay in cash) Sorry about all the old prices in lira -- but updated rates are found on their website. About two blocks from the Duomo.
Valet Parking (you try driving into Florence someday!)
Laundry service (if you pack light, this is really a luxury)
Wonderful breakfast
Very personal service - knowing it was our 25th, there was a bottle of sparkling wine in an icebucket with two glasses upon our arrival!

Wonderful Hotel

My family and I just spent an outstanding three days at Hotel Casci. The location was excellent, breakfast was good and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The front desk staff went out of their way to do everything they could to help my family have an enjoyable trip. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this amazing hotel again.

Ciao and thank you for your hospitality !

I just wanted to say how much we appreciated the Lombardi's kindness to me and my family when we stayed at their hotel in April. Their hospitality, helpfulness and graciousness helped us adjust to our new environment. I am still impressed with the languages they all speak so fluently! I will recommend Hotel Casci to anyone I know who would like a great place to stay in Florence.

Great location, great service!

by TripAdvisor Member Trip Advisor from Dallas, TX

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in Hotel Casci in Florence. We were traveling with our 2 children & our room was very large and had 4 separate beds with a lovely bathroom. This hotel is basic(not plush) but very clean & the staff is extremely helpful. Breakfast was adequate. The location is wonderful; 5 min walk to the Duomo and the Accademia (David). I would certainly stay here again.

Great Service and Location

by TripAdvisor Member RRC9

Our family of four spent three wonderful days in Florence at the Hotel Casci. We rented a family suite (room 28), which has two twin beds and a king size bed. The bathroom is a bit small but adequate. The furnishings are simple and the room is far from elegant, but the room was in line with what we expected from a two-star hotel. The service we received, however, greatly exceeded two-star quality. The Lombadi family answered all of our questions and anticipated our travel, dining, and sightseeing needs. They served a good breakfast, with croissants, toast, fruit, cereal, juices, and coffee. We all availed ourselves of the free internet access in the lobby. The hotel's location is great, being several blocks from the Duomo, San Marco, and San Lorenzo, and within walking distance of the train station. The third-floor location of the hotel is a little inconvenient, as a small elevator serves the hotel and the stairs are difficult with luggage.
Overall, this is a very solid, economical choice for a Florence accomodation.

Long history at Casci, great location and staff

by TripAdvisor Member PaulPH

My older brother and younger brother lived at (then "Pensione") Casci for the 1978-79 and 1980-81 school years, respectively. My wife and I stayed there in '86 and '99. Same wonderful hospitality I remember from my visit in May 1979.

Florence the week after Easter Sunday?

by aocmand

Dear VT's
Have trip planned for Florence for the tuesday after Easter 2005. Will the crowds deminished some from holy week? Staying at Hotel Casci's does anyone know this neighborhood Via Cavour 13. Do they have resturants near that are family owned?
Thanks to All