Via Dell'Oriuolo 17, Florence, Tuscany, 50122, Italy

Expedia.com Hostelworld.com Tingo.com

• Worst Value for Money!

I seldom write review about a product or service, but the bad experience at this hotel prompted me to submit one. Overall, this hotel delivers the quality of a back-packer hostel while charging a mid-range price. We paid 110 Euro per night, but felt like we got services of a place that charges half of that amount.
    Before I made the booking about 6 weeks before my trip to Florence in mid-June, I was concerned that the rooms had no air conditioning, but I was assured by the owner, Marco, that the room would be comfortable even without air conditioning, with temperature in Florence to be in the 20’s- low 30 ‘s degree Celsius range, nice and cool at night and the ceiling fan in the rooms would be sufficient. As it turned out, when we were there, the temp reached high 30’s with strong sun as early as 9 am till 5-6 pm. There are 10 rooms altogether at this property, 5-6 of which face the street that is so noisy day and night that one cannot leave the window open. The rooms were literally ovens that we could not sleep throughout our stay there. Rooms on the other side facing the court yard seem a bit better, but I also heard that guests could not sleep in them either.
    Worse yet, there was no attempt by the hotel to make guests more comfortable. The staff would not allow turning on air-conditioning in the common area where guests congregate in the evening to find respite from the uncomfortable bed rooms. Besides Marco, the staffs do not really speak English. One gal is quite pleasant, while the night shift guy is plain grumpy and rude.
    The physical layout of the hotel is cramped, with 2 bathrooms for about 16-17 guests to share. I waited each evening 20-30 minutes for a bathroom. One of the bathrooms is of reasonable size, while the other one is tiny and one has to sort of slide sideway in to sit on the toilet. The hotel is on the 2nd floor of a dark, old building, with an old lift the size of a broom closet that can hardly hold a big luggage. The beds are simply mattresses sitting on wired bed frames to provide comfort level of a student dorm. The hotel does not provide breakfast, nor drinking water, although there was an electric kettle and a couple of tea bags given.

I will definitely NOT recommend the hotel and I will never return to this place.

Unique Quality: The redeeming quality of this hotel is its location that is right near the duomo, and Marco who speaks good English with charismatic personality. Everything else that it offers is less than comfortable, or pleasant. As a result, we were exhausted without sleep and did not have the energy to enjoy Florence.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Dali - What a find!

Hotel Dali is a cheap, clean, cheerful hotel in the centre of Florence.

It is close to all attractions, with very friendly and helpful owners.

Most rooms have shared facilities and no breakfast is served.

On our first stay our room was a little noisy - it was on the street side and there is an Irish Bar across the road...

On our 2nd stay we requested a room overlooking the courtyard (away from the street). It was much quieter!

Unique Quality: Rooms are large with sink and small fridge.

Such a friendly place to stay!

Directions: Far end of Duomo. 15min walk from station

• wen_viaggio's Profile Photo

Hotel Dali'

While in Florence, I stayed at the Hotel Dali' located near the Duomo. This simple hotel has a total of just 11 rooms (yes, 11!) but do no take its meagre amount of rooms as a sign of bad things to come. The single room that I booked(online) turned out to be clean and pleasant. Perhaps the only thing that surprised me was the total absence of air-conditioning, but thanks to an inclusion of a stand-fan, I was able to have a pleasant sleep in the summer nights. And I was fortunate enough to have a room that has a view of the Duomo when I looked out from the window towards the left. The hotel also has two common bathrooms located at each end of the corridor. Were they dirty, you ask? No.

Of course, don't expect flashy decor and room service in this hotel. The Hotel Dali' is catered towards budget travellers and backpackers who want simple, comfortable rooms at very affordable prices.

For more info on rates and reservations, check out www.eurocheapo.com

Directions: From Stazione Santa Maria Novella, head towards the unmistakable dome of the Duomo which dominates the skyline. Approx: 15min.

• Hotel Dali

60-70 Euro

Unique Quality: Hotel Dali is a nice family hotel with only 10 rooms. It´s clean and simpel hotel run by Marco and Samantha. A young couple who speaks English. Also Marie from Canada works at the hotel, wich makes reservations and tips for restaurants easier.
    The hotel is quiet and the location is in the central of the Florence.
    Do you want TV, bar and more this hotel is not for you.

• Ricardo_J_M's Profile Photo

We stayed at Hotel Dali. I can...

We stayed at Hotel Dali. I can honestly say that for the price it was okay. It did not have its own bath so if that is important be aware. The rooms were clean and serviced on a daily basis.
    120.000 Italian Lira

Unique Quality: Great view and close to everything.

More about Hotel Dali

Loved the Hotel Dali!

Search no more! Budget travellers (even no-budget travellers) should stay at the Dali. Everything is walking distance in Florence but the Dali's location is perfect, close to the center of town so you can return to rest or take a pit stop whenever you like (very important in a city where clean restrooms are scarce), but not too close so there are no crowds at night. It is a 15 minute walk to/from the train station - be sure you have sturdy wheels on your luggage! There is an elevator if you need it and Marco and his staff are extremely helpful in pointing you to nice, local, somewhat non-tourist laden restaurants! Our double room was pretty spacious and extremely clean. We loved Florence and would definitely stay at the Dali again.

Clean, friendly, responsive Hotel Dali

I travelled to Tuscany and Umbria in November and stayed at the Hotel Dali in downtown Florence. It was my first visit to Italy and I was a bit hesitant about travelling on my own but the hotel owner Marco was helpful in providing whatever information I needed. When booking the reservation he was very responsive and kind. The rooms were immaculate and charming. Good price, excellent location near Il Duomo, with friendly and knowledgeable staff.

My room overlooked a small courtyard, was quiet even though it was located on a busy street.

Excellent personal service at Hotel Dali

We have been a whole week in September at this hotel located only a few minutes walk away from the famous Cathedral (Duomo). It is straight, clean and comfortable, with little luxury, not even breakfast in the morning, except that it provides free parking with surveillance right in the old center of Florence. But above its reasonnable prices, it has something much better to offer : Marco, its young manager, operator and receptionist, always at the desk to serve you, helping to make the best of your short or long stay in his beloved city, to find the right bus line, the best restaurant for your pocket and the best places around the hotel to have breakfast or lunch so you can eat the same cuisine Florentines do. He can also open up your mind to the Italian and Florentine cultures, and much more. He even found us a room in another hotel when we arrived in Florence one day earlier than our reservation date, and he choose a nearby hotel we could walk to so we could already put our car in his parking and avoid driving in the old center of the city. In other words, Marco offers the same high level personal service and personal relation you can get from time to time in some very good bed and breakfast. For my wife and for me, it was worth gold and made our week in Florence so much more pleasant.
Michel and Francine, Québec, Canada

The most comfortable and convenient hotel in Italy - without doubt

by TripAdvisor Member Gailmarie

The Hotel Dali is 300 steps from the Duomo so you can see you are right in the middle of the city. It used to be a palace, but it isn't ornate and grand - just very comfortable, clean but not sterile, convenient and warm hearted. The owners Marco and Samantha are very helpful - as is their staff. No stuffiness, simple courtesy and thoughtfulness.

The rooms are delightful - the pictures on the i'net are real - we actually stayed in the room featured. The hotel is clean and well run - even the other visitors fit into the kind and pleasing atmosphere.

Absolutely recommend Dali for anyone who wants a very fair price for very convenient and very pleasant (not over the top) accommodation. It was the one place I remember very clearly out of two months travelling in Italy. Loved it, loved Marco and Samantha and loved their travel and living advice for Florence. We extended our stay three times. And of course loved Florence which was at our fingertips.

The best place to stay in Florence

If you are going to Florence their just one place to stay: Hotel Dali! It’s on the heart of the city – Duomo – and as the friendliest, the kindliest and niceness staff I’ve every encountered. They reserved my tickets to the Uffizi and L’Accademia, and they have all this little thinks that make you feel at home. And the room, basic, had character and make us feel real good after a day of exploring Florence.

Great hospitality & location

by TripAdvisor Member Miramichier_DAC

The Hotel Dali is so central we could see, from our window, the Duomo just up the street. Everything we wanted to see was within easy walking distance. Michaelangelo's "David" is too impressive for words. The science museum was a refreshing break from overwhelming Renaissance art. Two of Galileo's telescopes are among the attractions. Marco, the Dali proprietor, is such a gracious host he makes a wonderful ambassador for Florence and Italy. He gives great advice on getting around and knows good restaurants that aren't guide-famous. He is exactly the warm, intelligent, kind of person you hope to meet in the hospitality business. We'll never forget him. The Cadogans, Miramichi, NB, Canada

Hotel Dali or Cimatori guest house?

by Breiten

Has anyone stayed in either of these places in florence? I would love to hear your experience. I am going with my 12 year old son and we can't decide between these two. We've heard some nice things about both.

Re: Hotel Dali or Cimatori guest house?

by Lauradora

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Hotel Dali. It was lovely; Marco was very helpful and they had fans there which greatly helped with the heat. Only remember to bring your insect repellant - we were attacked by mosquitoes while visiting Florence, which is much worse than the heat!!

Comments