Via Cavour, 14, Florence, Tuscany, 50129, Italy

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• The kings house

The search is over this as to be the BEST 2 star hotel in the world easy beating many 3 stars. The staff are wonderfull Robert & Miriam were very helpfull from the time we got there untill we left. As for the room my mouth is still opened, VERY clean and the space WOW. I will always come here to stay it has to be the best of the best. The city was a delight, everything was in walking distance.

Unique Quality: The View of the Dome from the back of the hotel was out of this world so make sure you ask for a room with a view.

Directions: The hotel is a short walk from the train station

More about Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa is a friendly hotel. All stuff is very kind.
It has been very nice since when I had booked the hotel.
They always replyed soon by e-mail when I asked something a lot.
Thank you for Gassim, Miriam and other stuffs.
I was really enjoyed there even if I was travelling alone.

Hotel Europa is very convenient in Florence, Italy

by TripAdvisor Member scoonie11

If you are traveling to Florence, Italy, check out Hotel Europa. It is very conveniently located. Take the taxi from the airport. Do not rent a car. You don't need one in Florence. If you need a car to go to Tuscany, go back to the airport (15 minute taxi) and rent one. The rooms in the suite floor are newly renovated. A bit small like other hotels in Europe but quite nice. The staff is great. Local restaurants that were recomended by the staff included Za Za.. We ate both lunch and dinner there. Inside and outside. Make a reservation for dinner; arrive early for a great table outside for lunch. Tuscano was recommended for dinner. Very nice; casual. Go for it. I would stay at Europa during my next trip because of the location and the rooms. I hope to return soon.

Group Travel in San Remo

by Basaic about Hotel Europa

The Hotel Europa is located in the center of San Remo facing the Casino. It is close to the beaches and shopping. The architecture reflects an Art Nouveau Style. The rooms are fairly large. I stayed here twice on group tours while I was living in Vicenza, Italy. The service was fine and the room was clean and everything worked fine. The accomodations were not luxurious but were adequate. The food served in the hotel's restaurant was only fair. I usually went to other restaurants in San Remo. The hotel also has a bar, a reading room, a TV room and a terrace. Photo(s) to follow. I do not know the price for the room because it was an all-included tour. When I was talking with a cute signorina in a nearby disco she asked me where I was staying. When I said the Hotel Europa she did not seem impressed.

Comfortable and Close to Center of Florence

by Goner about Europa

Family managed, it has recently renovated and offers its guests airy rooms with private baths, satellite TV (CNN, MTV, etc..), hairdryer, frigobar, direct dialling telephone and security boxes, as well as a splendid view of Brunelleschi's Dome and Giotto's Bell Tower. Hotel Europa is located in the historical center of Florence, just few steps away from the Cathedral of the Duomo, the railway station S.M.Novella and very close to all the museums.

San Mauro Mare

by speed4turtles

A look at the inside to what would be our ten day home during our winter vacation in Italy.

This is the lounge .
Its very neat and clean .
Love all ready to be here .

yahoo

My Dream Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Viaggiatrice

Have you ever had a day when the stress of travel gets you down and you just want to escape to a quiet, secluded place away from clamoring tourists? The Hotel Europa is perfect! Not more than 5 minutes from the Piazza del Duomo, you can be in a small, very clean, quiet room (maybe with a view of the dome of the Duomo and the Campanile as mine had) far from the madding crowds. You take the elevator to the 3rd floor (2 piano), ring the doorbell and instantly feel welcome and safe in the care of the your friendly Ethiopian family owners. Travel directions and restaurant suggestions are available if wanted and you're free to use their computer (without charge) for your e-mail. All rooms have ensuite bathrooms and small televisions. For the single woman traveller or anyone who's looking for an economical, clean, quiet room, I can't recommend the Hotel Europa and their kind owners more highly. The New York Times agreed with me. Several years ago "The Frugal Traveller" was also seduced by its charms.

Excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member stratford

We recently stayed at the Hotel Europa in Florence and it was an excellent
experience. The facilities were great and the serivce provided was some of the best we encountered. It was close to everything and proved to be a top value for any tourist. We were lucky enough to get a large room that was on the quiet side of the building.

BEWARE! Hotel cancelled my booking and charged my credit card

by TripAdvisor Member GymboMom

We booked this hotel for our November 2004 trip to Italy. I made the reservations through the Florenceby website, which is the link provided by the Hotel Europa. You have to provide your credit card information in order to confirm your reservation. I made this reservation and was confirmed back in August of 2004. Literally 24 hours before we were to leave the States for our Italy trip, I received an email from HotelEuropa explaining that they were sorry but had to cancel our reservation and hope to accomadate us in the future.

I am a "planner" and was in a panic attack to find another hotel 24 HOURS before we left for our trip!! Luckily, I was able to find another hotel that had two rooms available (we booked two suites at hotel europa).

Imagine my surprise on our return home to the U.S. when I received my creidt card statement in Dec. 2004 and had been charged one nights stay for two rooms at the hotel Europa = $300.00+ US dollars!!! When they had cancelled our reservation!!

I immediately sent out emails to the hotel and received replies from MIRIAM at the hotel. Through a number of emails, I was able to finally explain to her what had happened and that the HOTEL cancelled my reservation NOT me. What Miriam admitted to, was that one of their employees had sent me the email AND charged my card. She explained that this employee was no longer with them. She asked for me to send her my credit card info to them again and they would credit my card for the charges. She also admitted in her email that the responsibility was on them and they would reverse the charges.

After waiting another week, I still had not received credit on my card, so I sent another email to Miriam. I sent several more emails with no response. I then received an email back from an ERIC who is with WORLDBY - somehow in connection with the booking service FLORENCEBY. Eric said in his email that it was ME who was responsible for the charges and should be grateful I wasn't charged for the entire booking (which was 2 suites for 3 nights), rather I was only charged for one nights stay. I immediately sent Eric another email giving him documentation of previous conversations via email w/Miriam from the Hotel Europa in which she admitted guilt and responsibliltiy on behalf of the hotel.

Eric then sent me another email and said he had spoken on the phone with the hotel and they admitted to him that they needed to refund me the money and would be issuing a credit through their bank's Visa contact.

I sent emails to Eric thanking him for his help and waited for my credit. After checking every few days and waiting, I began to send Eric more emails asking why my credit hadn't posted to my account yet. Basically after 3 months of back and forth communication, in his last email, Eric said he didn't know how long it would take for me to get my credit and there wasn't anything else he could do.

So as of today, April 29, 2005, I still have NOT received my credit back, nor have a received a response from Hotel Europa since Eric from WORLDBY began communicating with me on their behalf. As stated above, I have paper documentation showing the cancellation email sent by the hotel, emails received by Miriam in which she admits Hotel Europa made a mistake and would credit my card, and email documentation of my conversations w/Eric from Worldby.

So I say all this as a WARNING to those booking in advance with Hotel Europa. I would be very careful in giving out your credit card information. As for the hotel itself, I'm sure it is lovely and I would have liked the opportunity to stay there, but cannot give a review on that since my reservation was cancelled!

Please feel free to email me directly if you should have any questions regarding this posting.

Regards,
Wendy

Great for families!

by TripAdvisor Member azredhead

Hi,
Just got back from a trip to Rome and Florence, include a stay at the Hotel Europa. Our family of 4, including two kids ages 4 and 6, were travelling with my husband's parents. We were all very pleased, and both Gassim and Miriam were very pleasant and hospitable. For example, they helped us find a driver to tour Tuscany, and rearranged tables in the breakfast room so we could all sit together. We had two rooms (the upgraded ones that I believe they call suites), including a quadruple that was amazingly spacious. The kids each had their own bed, which they loved. When planning the trip, I discovered that quadruple rooms were very hard to come by, and was told that it was against the law in Italy to book 4 people into a triple room, even if two of them are kids.
So, the positives of Hotel Europa are:
- lots of space
- able to accomodate a family of 4
- central location; even the kids didn't mind walking to the Pitti Palace, which is one the other side of the Arno
- wonderful hosts
- breakfast included (yogurt, cereal, bread, coffee, etc.)
- clean, quiet rooms with spacious baths
If you are looking for a luxury hotel with a bellhop, tapestries on the walls, and dinner to piano music, this is not the place. If you are looking for a simple but clean rooms that are a good value for Florence, this will suit you well.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member rickandpat

Our family of 4 stayed here 3 nights in April. The room was a quad suite, which was in the back so no view. But it was by far the largest room we had in two weeks in Italy, and the only one with a bathtub. The room was furnished very nicely (everything new and matching, but with an antique look), complete with a small fridge and desk, and everything was very clean. The breakfast was fine, there is free internet in the lobby, and the front desk staff was very helpful and nice. Being just a few blocks north of the Duomo and about a block south of the Accademia, the location was pretty good, we walked everywhere with no problem (including up past Piazza Michelangelo). I just wish the hotel wasn't on such a busy street. However, the price was excellent for a quad., just 180 euros per night (considerably less than most places I was looking at). We'd definitely stay here again.

Hotel EuropaHotel Europa

Old Postcard of the Hotel EuropaOld Postcard of the Hotel Europa

Florence Cathedral from Piazzale MichelangeloFlorence Cathedral from Piazzale Michelangelo

Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)

Alpen summer

by annwag

Hi Italy/Alps experts
Every summer I explore one pieces of Alps. This summer ( july )it will be wide comprehended neighbourhood of Garda Lake.
Can anyone recommend me 2-3 star hotel/guesthof in peaceful, great scenery with real "alpine climate" inside, car accessible?
May be anywhere in Dolomitti??
All suggestion will be appreciate.
Thank
Ann

Re: Alpen summer

by cmcard2

I just returned from Italy and stayed at Desenzano Del Garda. There was a 3 start hotel on the lake called Hotel Europa on Lungostrada. It is accessible by train or car.

Central Madrid Reasonably priced hotel

by sevilla72

My friend and I are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in central Madrid. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Happy New Year!!

by warobison

Although "reasonable" can mean many things to different people, I don't think you'll have a problem. Madrid seems to have more reasonably priced rooms than most other European capitals. A couple of years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Europa (www.hoteleuropa.es) right on the Plaza Puerta del Sol. I think at that time a double was less than 70 euros. The location was great and the room was fine.

by brotherleelove

Hostal Mirentxu-Clean, quiet, safe, near the Prado.

Re: Re: Central Madrid Reasonably priced hotel

by rexvaughan

Make mine a second recommendation for Hotel Europa. It is really a nice small hotel in a great location with reasonable rates.

by Roadquill

This past July I stayed at the TRYP Cibeles for around $95 euro, including breakfast for two. I thought the value was very good. It also had great reviews from those who stayed when I checked on tripadvisor.com.

Italian Lakes - where to go and what to do.

by burypark

My wife and I are heading out to the lakes next week and would like information please on the best way to spend the time out there.

We intend on spending the first day in Milan but the following three exploring the lakes.

What areas of which lakes would you recommend? Which towns? Any information would be much appreciated.

BP

by bazsi79

Lake Como is a wonderful lake not far away from Milan (50 km or 1 hour by train to Como at the southern tip of the lake).

On the lake, the most popular places are Como (in the south), Bellagio, Menaggio and Varenna (in the "middle").

You can easily get around the lake by car+ferry, but it's even nicer to catch a boat from Como to Bellagio, and then the ferries to Menaggio and Varenna.

You can check timetables here both for the ferries and the passenger boats:

by nicolaitan

everyone has a favorite lake, usually the one they have stayed at. we stayed in cernobbio on lake como just northwest of como city and had a rented car. we drove into switzerland, up to bellagio, and also along the west shore - so beautiful. multiple villas with great gardens of which the most famous is villa carlotta in tremezzo. the only village you need a ferry for is varenna but it is well worth it.

by cmcard2

Lake Como, Lake Maggiore,and Lake Garda all worth seeing. Might try to tie in where you are going next - for example, if going to Milan to Verona, then Desenzano del Garda is a nice stop - stayed at Hotel Europa on the lake.

All good so cannot go wrong - do a little research on them and then go for it!

Comments