Hotel Ferdy

Via S. Gallo 39, Florence, Italy

Good For No Data
  • arthur_hk's Profile Photo

Nice budget hotel in Florence

Clean rooms and restrooms. Nice owner. The best thing is he allowed us to check-in at 0800, when we arrived Florence by an overnight train. Rooms are simple and spacious. For 60EUR for a 3 beded room in June... It's of acceptable standard.

Unique Quality: Occupied the top floor (5th?) of a building.

Directions: Located at a quiet street near Saint Macro. About 20 min walk from main train station.

More about Florence

Triton FountainTriton Fountain

Most celebrated is the east door by GhibertiMost celebrated is the east door by Ghiberti

View from Piazzale MichelangeloView from Piazzale Michelangelo

Pitti Palace (Floence, Italy)Pitti Palace (Floence, Italy)

train times

by clwilson1104

Hi. I am from Florida and will be traveling to Italy in March 2008. We are trying to decide where exactly we should base our trip. I was thinking Florence sice it seems to have short travel times to some of the places we want to go. (via train) Can anyone tell me what are the earliest train times leaving out in the mornings? Thanks so much

by Agraichen

Florence would make a great location base. I use http://www.europeonrail.com/timetable.asp to find times. I've seen trains leave very early (6:00 AM) in the morning. You can use this site to get train times in the future.

by mccalpin

Go to www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html . Get familiar with this website, as it is the official website.

The schedules for next March are not posted yet, but if you choose dates in the next week or so, on the same days of the week that you might travel (assuming you know yet), you will get a very reasonable idea of what the schedules will be, as the kind of information you want (when do trains start running, how much time to get to Bologna or Rome, how many trains a day, etc) doesn't really change much over the course of the year.

Come back if you have questions...

Bill

by nomad7890

Florence is good, I also like using Milan - you can get direct trains to most every place in Italy and abroad from there.

by Alex_71

hello
in my hompeage there is the direct link to the web page of Trenitalia..check it out 'couse i think it's what you are searching for

Travel Tips for Florence

Visit the Piazza della...

by josie13

Visit the Piazza della Signoria. Many of the statues found in this area commemorate the city's major historical events. For example, the Fontana di Nettuno was erected in 1575 to remember battles won by the Tuscan Navy. Michelangelo symbolizes triumph over tyranny. On one of my trips to Florence I was lucky to see an exhibition of modern statues placed in the Piazza della Signoria. My friend and I had a great time imitating their poses. It was really nice to see modern art amidst the old.

Fiesole I

by m-joy

Bus Nr. 7 brings you for 1 Euro to Fiesole in the north of Florence. This lovely little village on top of a steep hill has a very special atmosphere with it’s narrow steep streets, the Duomo and the famous “Museo archeologica et Teatro Romano” (expensive entry!). Fiesole was founded in the 8th century a.c. and is therefore much older than Florence.

Gucci Outlet

by sniem

The Gucci outlet is in Leccio Reggello about a 30 min drive from Florence. It's located in a mall together with other designer outlets, like Armani and Sergio Rossi.
I went there in August 2003 and summer sales where going on. All the shops had good bargains on womens shoes. Gucci for instance had several very fashionate, very high heeled sandals for 30 Euro. Armani had some good deals on clothes too. And I found a beautiful pair of shoes at the ungaro shop for 70 Euro. However most of the stuff is still pretty expensive. Surely a bag for 500 Euro that originally cost more than 1000 Euro is a great bargain, but still to much for me.

We also went to the Fendi outlet about 5km away, which is pretty large. They had some pretty good deals and some fantastic bags.

Firenze is served with...

by OrlandoBR

Firenze is served with high-speed trains that link it to Rome and Milan.
The airport is relatively small, and does not handle many international flights.
All attractions can be reached walking. If necessary, the bus service is good and easy to use. The only time I needed it was when I wanted to get to Piazzale Michelangelo.

What a starter!

by Sarita76 about Osteria Vineria i' Brincello

i' Brincello is not far from the Santa Maria Novella railway station. The guys working in the restaurant are very nice and kind. We had a wonderful big starter with ham, salami, olives, dried tomatoes, cheese, artichokes steamed in olive oil and... well, I think it's enough!!! I can say it was enough for me and after that I was full!!!
If you're still hungry, taste ribollita (typical tuscan soup) because it's very good.

Comments