Via Cerretani 1, Florence, Tuscany, 50123, Italy

Hotel Perseo
Hotels.com Booking.com Venere.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 99% more than other 2 star hotels

• Great Hotel

“Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff, wonderful location in a beautiful city.”

jafran 4 contributions
    jafran
    12 Mar 2010 | Trip type: Friends getaway
    I have been staying at this hotel since early 1998 and have returned in every year except one, since. The building has changed a great deal since those early days and is now modern and has every facility. I am now 69 and would be perfectly happy to stay here alone. The staff are fantastically helpful and have a vast knowledge of their city. Louise (New zealander/italian), and Laura (italian) are exceptionally helpful and will book museums, restaurants etc willingly. They will tell you the italian for something you might want to buy in case the shop does not speak other languages. Wonderful!!
    The rooms are comfortable, very clean and bright, with ensuites and t.v. Some have outstanding views over the city. Breakfast is a good, varied buffet with loads of tea, coffee, juice etc.
    It takes less than two minutes to walk to the duomo and five to Mercato Centrale ( a must for visitors who love food) All major places of interest are within easy walking distance.
    I have stayed in hotels of all star ratings, huts in the african bush, YHA's etc but this is one place I return to again and again where the staff feel like old friends and the welcome is superb. GO THERE!!
    The value for money is unquestionable.
    • Date of stay March 2010
    • Visit was for Leisure
    Louise, My rating were all five star. They just take up loads of space when I copy and paste them but will appear on the report in Trip Advisor.
    Jackie xx

Directions: Central Florence

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Very central location

Rooms clean but older and spartan, no TV or fridge in rooms and no AC either. Scariest lift in Europe! Bright spacious breakfast area with plenty to eat and free internet access, rooms were quiet and afforded a good night's sleep

Unique Quality: Great location within 3 minutes of Duomo, 6 or 7 to the Galleria d'Uffizi, less than ten minutes from the Arno to bridge across to Ponte Vecchio and Boboli. Best ice cream in Italy across the road !
    Does need bathrooms refitted , facelift for facia and some home comforts to come up to speed with competitiors. ** UPDATE** Rooms completely refurbished in 2006 - high in pecking ordr for a possible revisit 2007! * *
    Could we have done better ? Definitely .
    Would it nevertheless 'do' for a repeat visit ?
    Definitely again.

• jlee008's Profile Photo

Right Near Il Duomo!!

The place was easy to find, right on the main street down from Il Duomo (only 1 block away!!). Within walking distance of the train station and near to all the sights. It has a great location. I remember it being a nice quiet room. Not lavishly decorated, but quaint and clean. The breeze was nice in May. We didn't have an air-conditioner, but I don't know if they leave those off until summer. It was very characteristic of all the small private hotels that I had been staying during my entire trip. Not lavish, but not unpleasant; very comfortable!!!

Unique Quality: Quaint as I mentioned before. Clean and quiet. We had a nice breakfast in the lounge area. There was also internet access in the lounge. The place is decorated by owner Australia-native Louise and her husband Giacinto. The paintings in the rooms were all done by Giacinto!! It is very pleasant and I would stay there again. They also own San Giovanni (http://www.hotelsangiovanni.com/) across the street if you don't get a room at Il Perseo. Although I haven't stayed there, if it is as Il Perseo was, I am sure that its great!

Directions: From the train station, head straight through the Piazza d'ell Unita d'Italia down Via dei Panzani. Head left onto Via dei Cerretani, you will see it on the right hand side before you get to Il Duomo!!!

• rephluxx's Profile Photo

Sweetest staff ever

Nice sized room with adequate bed. Spotless shared bathrooms. Inidvidual thermostats with ample heating ... great for the January cold ! Location is amazing: two minute walk from the Duomo and seven minutes from the train station.

Unique Quality: The staff was extremely caring when i fell ill with a nasty bout of the flu. I was just starting to get sick the night we checked in, and my boyfriend asked the receptionist for a nearby pharmacy on his way to pick up some meds for me. From then on the receptionists would ask him how I was doing everytime he walked by and would give him hot water and tea for me. When I needed to see a doctor, the receptionist called all the reputable english speaking services and got me an appointment.

Directions: Right next to the Duomo.

More about Hotel Il Perseo

Hotel Perseo - a Returned Guest

by TripAdvisor Member PaulConnelly

We have stayed at Hotel Perseo before the renovations - and what a make-over it has been! Modern appointments in the room from cable TV to 5-Star bathroom fitouts, to modern bedside lights to airconditioning to a delightful re-fit of the compact but well appointed bar / breakfast room with a typical modern italian makeover

The bed was great, the room was big (for a European 3 star hotel room), the bathroom was espicially a delight, compared to other hotels we have stayed at with the same star rating. Everything was new, clean, visually pleasing and worked!

We found out whilst we were there that the co-owner, Louise Monk, an ex-pat Australian and married to her architect & designer husband, Giacinto has incorporated features and a design aspect that we would normally associate with the upmarket American & Asian hotels, not the "squashy / couldn't swing a cat in the place" aesthetics normally associated with this level of European hotel.

A delight to stay in and because it is right smack in the middle of Florence, (step out the front door and throw a stone and you will hit the front doors of the Duomo) it is great value across so many aspects.

A definite winner and well worth experiencing the quaintness of Europe by finding the reception on Level 3 of this building - it feels like you have somehow found a hiden treasure, that you want to keep secret from the rest of the tourist world, in case the word gets out and you can't get a bed there when next in town.

8 out of 10

Paul Connelly
Managing Director
Sareen Stone
Sydney, Australia

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member lizzy099

After staying in pokey hotel rooms, with even pokier ensuite facilities, Hotel Perseo was was a delight. Spacious rooms, tastefully decorated, perfect position, handy to sights, and train station.
Wonderful hospitality. Couple in our fifties, from Brisbane, Australia

perfectly clean and modern, perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member gypsygrl

I absolutly loved hotel perseo! It was the perfect location, less then a block from the beautifull duomo, awesome shopping all around. The staff was so sweet and helpfull and spoke perfect english. They offered to make reservations for the Uffuzia and Accedemia for me , before i even thought to ask which enabled me to sail right in while the lines streched down and around the corner! The lift was broke one day, but only for a couple hours. I would absolutly reccomend this hotel!!

Perseo is an absolute gem in heart of Florence

by TripAdvisor Member VanTraveler

My mom and I had a fabulous 5 nights in Florence and the amazing owners of the Hotel Perseo went over and above any expectation we may have had!! From entering the lovely, modern reception, to a warm and hearty Italian greeting we were thrilled with our choice. The rooms were so clean and modern and bathrooms glistened, it was sometimes hard to believe the building is likely hundreds of years old. The breakfast room was charming with great selection in the morning and my favorite cappucino every day.

They offered to make our reservations for the main galleries (or else we wouldn't have gotten in due to the huge crowds), recommended great local dining, answered all our questions with great joy and genuinely we felt we were staying in someone's home instead of a hotel.

We'd stay again in a heart beat and would highly recommend Perseo. The location can't be beat and the rooms were very quiet too despite being less than a block from the Duomo. We miss them already and can't wait to get back.

Great coffee and wonderful location in Florence

Hotel Perseo is a wonderful location,right in the center of Florence, for walking to all the art museums and churches. How we loved seeing the art work at the Accademia & the Uffizi, and because of the owner's help we had reservations for these museums even before we left the USA! Owner Loise was a delightful hostess, and we loved the fantastic coffee served by the gracious staff. The continental breakfasts were fresh and delicious and just the right way to start the day. The newly renovated room was comfortable, clean, simple, and attractive. Our fifth floor family room included a king-size bed as well as two singles and had a view of the Duomo. We received clean towels daily and enjoyed the new shower. The ONLY drawback was lack of closet space, but we didn't mind.

great

by TripAdvisor Member jawsk

My family and I stayed in Il perseo for a total of 4 days and it was wonderful! Great location, very clean, excellent ac and breakfast. All around this hotel made our stay in florence very pleasant.

Comments