Via Orcagna, 56-58, Florence, Tuscany, 50121, Italy

More about Hotel Jane

Spirito Santo, Altar DetailSpirito Santo, Altar Detail

DavidDavid

The facadeThe facade

Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)Basilica di Santa Croce (Florence, Italy)

Lodgings Help in Florence

by waterbomb

Hi, I'm going to be spending a couple of nights in Florence in early December and need some help on hotels. I have shortlisted some and would appreciate any comments:

1. Hotel Donatello
2. Hotel Jane
3. Domus Florentia
4. Alba Hotel
5. Hotel Orgcana
6. San Giogio e Olympic
7. Machiavellie Palace

These hotels should have heaters in winter, right?

Best value hotel in Florence?

by PLCain55

I know it is a loaded question, but which hotel is the best value for LOCATION in Florence? We don't mind a lot of walking, but assume we need to be in the central part of Florence. I also assume that hotels in Florence are a bit pricey. We a trying to set a budget for hotels for a trip next September. Thanks in advance.

Phillip

Re: Best value hotel in Florence?

by rjaparidze

I just came back from there. There is a Hostel like establishment called Pio X and it is quite in the center. We paid 17 Euro and it had a shower and toilette

Re: Re: Best value hotel in Florence?

by jmhenry1123

check out venere.com, they will map out the hotels by district and price comparisons.

Re: Best value hotel in Florence?

by piersrusting

Hi we have just arrived back from Florence,
the hotel Jane on the via Orcangna was very good value it is very clean small and friendy, about 20 mins walk from center, but a pleasent walk I paid £284 pp in Oct for flight from Man & B&B for 7 nights great value, from Expedia. have a great time we did so much to see.
Betsy

where to stay?

by amyjam

we are planning to go to italy,,,to florence,,but we are not sure,where tostay?it is better to stay inside florence or outside?I meant the hotel,,,,somebody can help me,,by the way ,we are going to rent a car.
sheila

by Agraichen

I would recommend Villa Belvedere, just 5 minutes outside the "city walls" on a hill overlooking the city. The propietor is wonderful and the food and accomodations are great.

by zuriga

You won't enjoy driving around Florence itself... but a car is nice to have if you want to see more of Tuscany and other towns. We stayed in Florence (easy to walk almost everywhere) and then got a car at the end of our days there and spent the rest of our holiday driving around. It's easy in the countryside... not so easy in the city.

by kimij

try
www.greve.in.chianti.com
for rural appartments outside florence.

by ely&ale

It's better to find an hotel in the city center.. you can go everywhere. A car can become a problem 'cause the city center is closed to people who aren't resident there.
Firenze is great! Have a nice stay! We know it very well..
If you need more suggestions..

by piersrusting

Hi I have just arrived back from Florence I stayed at the hotel Jane on the Via Orcagna it was a 20 mins walk from the city center small friendly and clean at a reasonable price, the walk was a very pleasent one either along the river Arno or along cobbled streets with shops to interest you. A very good restraunt the Chibellini on the Piazza Saint Peter Maggiore, very good value

Re: Re: where to stay?

by amyjam

do you have the web site of the hotel???
thank you.

Re: Re: where to stay?

by piersrusting

HI we got the details of the hotel Jane from the expedia web site, www.expedia.com look up hotels then type in Jane as preference, it will give you all the details you need (rooms,cost,location etc) happy hunting. Betsy

by UnaN

very nice hotel ive been there in july its 2 min from Academia or San Lorenzo Church Capella Medicci
and 3 min to Doumo

i think its the best solution to stay in a center rather to drive from a side, besides cars aren't allowed to move inside an old city so ull have lots of problems with car

by amyjam

thank you guys,,,for all the information that you gave me,,we are living the 18 of november,,and we found a good hotel in florence and lido....
thank you very much.......
sheila

Re: thank you guys

by ely&ale

Have a wonderful trip!!!
Ely & Ale

Re: thank you guys

by piersrusting

I know you will enjoy Florence,
have a great time.
Betsy

Travel Tips for Florence

Ponte Vecchio

by MATIM

The oldest bridge in the city. It was built as it is now in 1345 by Neri de Fioranvante, with its elegant three-arched span.
A characteristic feature of the bridge is the rows of small houses on either side. In the 14th century their aspect was much more regular, and they were transformed as time passed until they became picturesquely varied as they are now. At about the center of the span over the river, the buildings are interrupted and an opeining furnishes a fine view of the Arno and the other bridges.
The shops on either side of the bridge are still in use and are workshops for artisan goldsmiths.

Endangered Species

by kcochran111

BEWARE! A miracle of science: the man-eaters of the Arno. Do not swim! "Sharkmice" subsist off scrap metal and dropped gelato cones, but prefer a diet of pasta-fattened tourists and old guys wearing fanny packs.

Everything for the kitchen

by MarvintheMartian about dino bartolini

I like cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, so this shop was a great find!
I can also be a bit of a gadget man for kitchen equipment. This place has just about everything.
Local tuscan pottery also available. Pasta making and cutting equipment.
Chocolate and sweet moulds.
Coffee making equipment.
Pottery.
Cheese grater. Average (I think!).

When I visited we came to...

by wayward_son

When I visited we came to Florence from Siena via bus (which was a short 75-minute ride). The cost was about 5 US dollars per ticket. In Florence the bus and train stations are about a block apart.
From the stations you can easily catch a taxi to your hotel or in our case we were a very relaxed 3 to 4-block walk to Pensione Sole. The location was far enough away to not be sleeping in the questionable station neighborhood.

just before Piazzale Michelangelo

by PALLINA about Enoteca Fuori Porta

This enoteca-bar can be a great place where to rest after or before "climbing" to Piazzale Michelangelo. It's better to have a reservations, first of all because it has a strategic locations, secondly because a lot of "fiorentini" go there. Tables are very small (I wonder how can a 1,90 mt tall and more than 100 kg man can sit in such a table) but the service is very attentive and easy going. First courses cost 9 euros, not so cheap, but they are big enought to satisfy your hunger. Desserts cost 5 euros, surely overpriced. They have a huge range of wine and you can have most of them by glass as well. Pappardelle al cinghiale (Long pasta with wildboar sauce)

Comments